[COMPLETE]]My Reminiscences by Rabindranath Tagore

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
balaonspace

Post by balaonspace »

MY REMINISCENCES by Rabindranath Tagore (1861 - 1941).

This project is now in the catalogue. All audio files can be found on our catalogue page:
http://librivox.org/my-reminiscences-by-rabindranath-tagore/

These Reminiscences were written and published by the Author in his fiftieth year, shortly before he started on a trip to Europe and America for his failing health in 1912. It was in the course of this trip that he wrote for the first time in the English language for publication. (from preface, TBF later)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/22217
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ===========================================
    • Project Code: CjsWHEsI
    • Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): (Rabindranath Tagore) : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabindranath_Tagore
    • Link to title on Wikipedia (if available):
    • Number of sections (files) this project will have: 44
    • Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: No
    • Original publication date (if known): 1917
    • If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:

============================================
    Genres for the project: *Non-fiction/Biography & Autobiography/Memoirs
    Keywords that describe the book:
    ============================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of MY REMINISCENCES. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "MY REMINISCENCES, by Rabindranath Tagore. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of MY REMINISCENCES by Rabindranath Tagore. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of MY REMINISCENCES, by Rabindranath Tagore. "

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.
  • Example filename myreminiscences_##_tagore_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. myreminiscences_01_tagore_128kb.mp3)
  • ID3 V2 tags are not necessary.
    Enter section/chapter titles in the MW. Author and book title will be set automatically during cataloging.

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:
      https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: darvinia
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
    Any questions?
    Please post below
Λ
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens
balaonspace

Post by balaonspace »

This work is actually a translation. I am not sure who is the translator, therefore I am not one hundred percent sure about the PD status. I believe the author himself translated the book. Any assertions are welcome.

cheers
Λ
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens
Darvinia
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Darvinia »

Hi bala,

I will MC this for you. As long as you read from the gutenberg text you specified it is ok for librivox. The bibrec tab on that page lists it as PD in the USA.
Bev

There's nothing you can't prove if your outlook is only sufficiently limited. - Lord Peter Wimsey
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam - Popeye, the sailor man
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice - Neil Peart
Darvinia
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Darvinia »

All set. I added a ~ to the subject line to indicate we need a proof-listener. If you have somebody in mind, let me know, and I can delete it and give them access to the MW.

I added the required _128kb to the file name. (The template leaves this out.)

I think that's it! If I've missed anything let me know. Have fun!
Bev

There's nothing you can't prove if your outlook is only sufficiently limited. - Lord Peter Wimsey
balaonspace

Post by balaonspace »

Hi Darvinia

Everything looks fine. i filled the MW. Anyone is welcome to PL for this project.

The sections range from ~400 to ~4000 words. I decided not to merge or split them.

cheers
Λ
anushar04

Post by anushar04 »

I'd love to DPL this project! :)
Anusha - My LV page, and Some of My Music!
Darvinia
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Darvinia »

Thank you, Anusha. You're in the MW. :)
Bev

anushar04

Post by anushar04 »

Great to be on board! :9:
Anusha - My LV page, and Some of My Music!
balaonspace

Post by balaonspace »

Hi Anusha, welcome to this project.

cheers
Λ
Darvinia
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Darvinia »

Moved to Going Solo.
Bev

balaonspace

Post by balaonspace »

Λ
Darvinia
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Darvinia »

Looks good! :thumbs: One more little MW thing. When you enter the files, can you change the "Status" column to read "Ready for PL". It is available in a drop-down menu in that cell. Then your proof-listener can check her PL view tab and have a current list of what needs to be done.
Bev

anushar04

Post by anushar04 »

Hi balaonspace!

Section 2 is PL OKAY!

Some notes about Section 1:
4:33 - you said life's 'history' instead of story in the sentence "...with selecting some few materials for my Life's story."
5:08 - you missed the word 'precise' in the sentence "But though the attempt to gather precise history from memory's storehouse..."
6:16 - you said 'is not only the justification' instead of 'is not the only justification' - the order of words slightly changes the meaning. :)

I'll PL the remaining section in a few days. I'm looking forward to listening to more! :thumbs:
balaonspace

Post by balaonspace »

I will remember to mark the status of the section after updating the MW.

Here is section 1 with corrections.

https://librivox.org/uploads/darvinia/myreminiscences_01_tagore_128kb.mp3

cheers
Λ
anushar04

Post by anushar04 »

Section 1 is now PL Okay!