[SOLO] The Blazing World by Margaret Cavendish - gypsygirl

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

Chapter 1 Section 5 PL OK. :clap:

I noticed some occasional dips in volume when PLing. I didn't think they were particularly serious as they were never severe enough to render the narration inaudible but I thought I'd mention it in case it helps you notice your head occasionally bobbing away from the microphone or something like that. I hadn't noticed this effect in previous sections.

Cheers,
Paul
abendlied

Post by abendlied »

Next section finally up!

Thanks, Paul, for catching the ranginess (I'm pretending ranginess is a word...) of the last chapter! I have a tendency to go down in volume at the end of lines, so it was probably a bit of that and a bit of editing. Hopefully it sounds better in this chapter!

Best,
Sarah
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

Sorry Sarah - it may be a couple of days before I'm able to PL this. Busy weekend... :oops:

I'll get round to it as soon as I can though. I hope that's not holding you up.

Paul
abendlied

Post by abendlied »

Absolutely no worries! Take your time. :D
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

Sounding good! :D
Section 6 PL OK

P.
abendlied

Post by abendlied »

Next section is up! I'll hopefully be able to finish up this book in the next week or so :D
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

It'll give you a great sense of satisfaction when you do. I started a solo at about the same time as you and mine's only a quarter of the way through. :oops:

Section 7 PL OK. There's a small tagging issue (the track title doesn't start "07 - ") but my understanding is that this no longer matters so I'm marking it as completed.

Looking forward to the big finale - it's hard to know what will top the big naval battle we've just had!

Paul
gypsygirl

Post by gypsygirl »

SkyRider wrote:Section 7 PL OK. There's a small tagging issue (the track title doesn't start "07 - ") but my understanding is that this no longer matters so I'm marking it as completed.
Correct. The ID3 tags will get pulled in from the title column of the MW, so that's where they need to be correct.
Karen S.
abendlied

Post by abendlied »

Last two sections are up!! The ending is somewhat anticlimactic, haha, but I guess there isn't really anywhere to go after you take over an entire world.. :D

Since the ID3 tags will be pulled from the MW, I double-checked that and everything is good there, so I think everything should be set!

Best,
Sarah
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

Section 8 PL OK. Epilogue to follow shortly...
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

Section 9 PL OK. Congratulations Sarah - your first solo in the bag and it's a credit to the LibriVox canon.

Over to you, Karen...

Paul
abendlied

Post by abendlied »

SkyRider wrote:Section 9 PL OK. Congratulations Sarah - your first solo in the bag and it's a credit to the LibriVox canon.

Over to you, Karen...

Paul
Woo! Thank you so much for all your help, Paul!! I'll have to start looking for a new big project now... :D
gypsygirl

Post by gypsygirl »

Well done! I'll get started on cataloging.
Karen S.
gypsygirl

Post by gypsygirl »

This project is complete. All associated files can be found on the catalog page: http://librivox.org/the-blazing-world-by-margaret-cavendish-duchess-of-newcastle/
Karen S.
abendlied

Post by abendlied »

gypsygirl wrote:This project is complete. All associated files can be found on the catalog page: http://librivox.org/the-blazing-world-by-margaret-cavendish-duchess-of-newcastle/

Yay! Thanks so much, Karen!!