(SOLO) The Clansman - An Historical Romance of the KKK

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
msfry

Post by msfry »

craigdav1 wrote:39-40 PL OK. Finished! An important addition to the LV catalog.
Well, Dave, we're done after 5 months, and I thank you for sticking with me through the whole thing. This is my first "standard" project, and it seems totally weird you didn't call a single error, (though I can't believe there weren't any). And you being the first person to listen to my rendition, I'm just dying to know, how did I do? How am I to listen to? What is your impression of the book? Did it grab you? Did you find it as incendiary as the public thinks it is? Did it make some good points? Did I deliver them well? And so on. Yes, I really do want feedback!

Personally, I think if one or two excessively derogatory pages and some biting scattered phrases could be removed, this book could take its place in our libraries. Not that I'm advocating censorship, as I think despite its affrontery it is a fairly accurate presentation of the two extremes of thought at the time on "the race question".

I really enjoyed the project and, with some encouragement, might look into recording the other 2 books in the trilogy. It really helped that you PL'd each section without delay. :D
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

I will be traveling for a few weeks but I intend to download the book and send you a pm with my thoughts.
msfry

Post by msfry »

craigdav1 wrote:I will be traveling for a few weeks but I intend to download the book and send you a pm with my thoughts.
I look forward to that.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Phil, I'm working on the CD Cover. I won't be able to post it until I have a correct run time. Should I add up what's in the MW or will you give me the total after cataloguing?
WYSIWYG

Post by WYSIWYG »

I lead an Ending Racism group, and I'd be interested to know how it was to work on this book. PMs welcome and THANK YOU for doing this project.

~Susan
Vision issues and routine, long travel make audbiobooks a MUST for me-- THANK YOU. Apologies in advance for ypto's in my posts.
msfry

Post by msfry »

WYSIWYG wrote:I lead an Ending Racism group, and I'd be interested to know how it was to work on this book. PMs welcome and THANK YOU for doing this project.~Susan
OK, I'll PM you, but in a nutshell, it's been very instructive for me to peer into Mr. Dixon's mindset, and learn what he thinks has motivated America's racial history. I know so little about it, and it is a persistent problem to this day that I hope we can put behind us.
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

This project can now be found in our catalog at http://librivox.org/the-clansman-an-historical-romance-of-the-ku-klux-klan-by-thomas-dixon-jr/

Congratulations to everyone involved! :thumbs: :thumbs:
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
msfry

Post by msfry »

Thanks, Phil and Dave, for seeing this project through with me. You were both super! I've submitted the cover over at the CD Covers thread, awaiting approval as it's my first cover. And I'll be checking the Completed Projects thread today to make sure the project is posted over there.