COMPLETE - Further Chronicles of Avonlea-Montgomery-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Rapunzelina wrote:Oh, an update to my post above! I went through sarahelizabeth posts and I found a more recent file that includes that missing line :thumbs: The filename was different, so that's why the file I got from the MW the first time was missing it. But OK now!
So, only that short phrase by the narrator, or is that too somewhere within the thread?
No, if it isn't in the original file it isn't there. I can do it, no problem. Do you want it in the narrator file or separately?

Also, I have another narration file still to do - I haven't forgotten! I had done half of it but realized there was a ridiculous amount of background noise from the kids, so I will need to redo it.
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Oh my, what fun! PLEEEEASE can I edit Story 14?
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Sweet Pea,
I'll defer to Rapunzelina on Section 14 - because I don't know what she has started.

What is the finished time on Section 13?

MaryAnn
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Y'all are do quick! I'll PL those stories as soon as I can, and get you the narrator file for Story 12.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Elizabby wrote:No, if it isn't in the original file it isn't there. I can do it, no problem. Do you want it in the narrator file or separately?

Also, I have another narration file still to do - I haven't forgotten! I had done half of it but realized there was a ridiculous amount of background noise from the kids, so I will need to redo it.
Thanks Beth! You can either send it separately or recorded in the end of your next narration file, if you happen to do them in the same recording session.
SweetPea wrote:Oh my, what fun! PLEEEEASE can I edit Story 14?
You'll be a very prolific editor! :D You're a great help! Have fun doing Story 14!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Final Chapter 13:

at 12:15 there is a paragraph missing from Flora Jane's speech (pink) following "Flora Jane lifted her chin" from the narrator.

@ 13:12 I think the incorrect speech follows the narration "She put her hand on his snowy arm appealingly" (the next speech should be Mary Bell saying "Oh David, won't you testify..." The following two speeches by David Bell are also out of order. See the text and you'll see what I mean.

@ 13:29 there is a stutter which sounds like an editing problem in the word "success" in the phrase "you are hindering the success of the revival" (though it could have been in the original file, I can't actually tell.)

(Just a tip - it might be easier to start with my last note and work backwards making the corrections. Otherwise the time stamps will all be off by the amount of time inserted as you make the first change.)

All the rest is PL OK - very smoothly edited and I appreciate that you left 5 seconds of silence at the end. Well done! :thumbs:
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Narration for Story 12 - In Her Selfless Mood.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/furtherchroniclesofavonlea_narrator_12.mp3 (31:19)

(Since I'm the DPL and I can't PL this for myself, I suggest the editor just check it as you edit it in, and I'll PL the whole assembled file. I've checked as best I can, and it isn't quite word perfect but I think all the sense of it is there.)

Please note that there are TEN seconds of silence at the end of this file, as required for a file over 30mins.

Please note there are two colour coding mistakes, and I think these lines may need to be re-recorded:

"Chris," (she said sharply) "you get right off for the cows, you lazy little scamp! You knew right well you had to go for them, and here you've been idling, and me looking high and low for you. Make haste now; it's ridiculous late."

This line is coloured blue for Naomi but actually belongs to Caroline (Frances).

At 18:57 in my recording there is a line which is not coloured but belongs to Christopher: "Eunice, I've a notion to get married this spring." I'm a bit worried about this line, as Arnaldo has not been on Librivox since April. Still, probably best to message him and see if he can do it.

At 20:48 there is another line for Caroline (Frances): "I told you so." (This one is optional, and I've recorded it as part of the narration, but if you are picking up another line anyway I think it would be better spoken by the character voice.)
Last edited by Elizabby on June 1st, 2014, 5:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Here's Story 14. I'll get to work on fixing Story 13.
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/furtherchroniclesofavonlea_14_montgomery_128kb.mp3 17:55
:) Sweet Pea
Rachel

SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Rachel

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Elizabby wrote:Narration for Story 12 - In Her Selfless Mood.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/furtherchroniclesofavonlea_narrator_12.mp3 (31:19)

(Since I'm the DPL and I can't PL this for myself, I suggest the editor just check it as you edit it in, and I'll PL the whole assembled file. I've checked as best I can, and it isn't quite word perfect but I think all the sense of it is there.)

Please note that there are TEN seconds of silence at the end of this file, as required for a file over 30mins.

Please note there are two colour coding mistakes, and I think these lines may need to be re-recorded:

"Chris," (she said sharply) "you get right off for the cows, you lazy little scamp! You knew right well you had to go for them, and here you've been idling, and me looking high and low for you. Make haste now; it's ridiculous late."

This line is coloured blue for Naomi but actually belongs to Caroline (Frances).

At 18:57 in my recording there is a line which is not coloured but belongs to Christopher: "Eunice, I've a notion to get married this spring." I'm a bit worried about this line, as Arnaldo has not been on Librivox since April. Still, probably best to message him and see if he can do it.

At 20:48 there is another line for Caroline (Frances): "I told you so." (This one is optional, and I've recorded it as part of the narration, but if you are picking up another line anyway I think it would be better spoken by the character voice.)
PL OK for the narration for story 12!
And I've put it together, Arnaldo had included that line thankfully,
what's missing is only Frances' lines for Caroline:

and the optional "I told you so."
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

I think there might have been a problem with the uploader - I only have a 12 minute file! Give it another go and just let the uploader sit with it for a good long time to make sure the file uploads fully.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

At 14:38 the cry "Owen!" from Phillipa is missing.
@ 15:17 Owen's line "Which of us will you marry, Phillippa?" is missing.

The last five seconds of silence have some odd hissing sounds. It might be better to either do a noise cleaning on that last bit, or else just find some silence in the narrator file and paste it in.