COMPLETE: [DRAM.READ] DR Scenes and Stories, Vol 1 - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

SweetPea wrote:Would it be alright if I BC'd this?

*Chapter 17, The Proof of the Pudding, from The Story Girl by Lucy Maud Montgomery
*http://www.gutenberg.org/files/5342/5342-h/5342-h.htm#link2HCH0017
*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucy_Maud_Montgomery
*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Story_Girl
*There are 7 roles. They are mostly children's roles, if that's okay.
*Originally published in 1911.
*Roles: Beverly/Narrator, Felicity, Dan, Cecily, Peter, Sara (The Story Girl), and Uncle Roger.

Thanks!
Sweet Pea :)
Great. I will set it up.

EDIT: All set up.

Thanks, Todd
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

It looks like you don't have any problem with BC's claiming parts in their own projects? If so, can you please put me in the magic window for Felicity? I'll send you the colour coded text as soon as I can figure out how to do it.
Thanks,
Sweet Pea
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

SweetPea wrote:It looks like you don't have any problem with BC's claiming parts in their own projects? If so, can you please put me in the magic window for Felicity? I'll send you the colour coded text as soon as I can figure out how to do it.
Thanks,
Sweet Pea
You are very welcome to claim a part in your own offering. This is true throughout LV I believe! - a benefit of doing the work to BC something. I will put your claim for Felicity into the MW tonight.

I am sorry to say that I do not know how to color code a script and post it. Maybe someone else here can describe the process (and I will add it to the first post to help folks in future collections). Note also from my first posting that another option is adding in character names to the script, which works much better for those of us having trouble telling colors apart!

Thanks, Todd
Adamski

Post by Adamski »

may I please play peter in proof of the pudding
forum name: Willy2
catalogue name: Willy
:D Willy
The surest way to eliminate a right is to declare it an obligation

My current projects

Doctor Dolittle
abendlied

Post by abendlied »

SweetPea wrote:It looks like you don't have any problem with BC's claiming parts in their own projects? If so, can you please put me in the magic window for Felicity? I'll send you the colour coded text as soon as I can figure out how to do it.
Thanks,
Sweet Pea

Hi Sweet Pea!

I've color-coded texts before, and usually, it's done using Google Docs. This is free to use, you just need a Google account, which most people probably have anyway. Once you're signed into your Google account, go to Google Drive. This is a place where you can store and create files to share with other people. Create a new document and copy/paste in the text you're working with from Project Gutenberg. Then from there, you can color-code using the editing bar, or you could also space out the text like a script and add character tags for each line. Once you've set up the text, save it, and then hit the share button in the upper right hand corner. It will ask you who you want to be able to access the text, and you can choose Public. That should make it visible to anyone. The option of "anyone who has the link" probably works as well, but I like to be on the safe side and go with Public. Clicking on the share button also generates the link to the text, which you can copy to post here for everyone working on the project!

Hopefully that works, but let me know if you have any questions about it! I'm definitely not an expert, but I went through a bunch of troubleshooting the first time I set up a text (I have a business account with Google, which, for some strange reason, makes things much harder to share, ugh) so I know a little bit about getting it to play nice :)

Best,
Sarah
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Here's Felicity.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/proofofthepudding_felicity_montgomery_128kb.mp3

In case you didn't know, I shall also do the editing for my DR.
Sweet Pea
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

SweetPea wrote:Here's Felicity.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/proofofthepudding_felicity_montgomery_128kb.mp3

In case you didn't know, I shall also do the editing for my DR.
Sweet Pea
I will put your name in the top MW line for the story to indicate that.

Thanks, Todd
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

By the way, it was my brother Willy (Willy2) who signed up for Peter. He's using Dad's forum account right now. I noticed you signed Dad up in the magic window.
:) Thanks,
Sweet Pea
Rachel

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

SweetPea wrote:By the way, it was my brother Willy (Willy2) who signed up for Peter. He's using Dad's forum account right now. I noticed you signed Dad up in the magic window.
:) Thanks,
Sweet Pea
Sorry - I just copied the name of the posting author. Fixed.

Thanks, Todd
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Rachel

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thanks!

Todd
Ernst Pattynama

Post by Ernst Pattynama »

Dear Todd
I have prepared a script for a DR to present to this project, but how does one go about making a link to the text. Does it have to be a Google link? I am completely in the dark as to how to deal with this. Thanks for your feedback!
Good Luck!
Ernst
We are never so ridiculous for the qualities we have as for those we pretend to.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Ernst Pattynama wrote:Dear Todd
I have prepared a script for a DR to present to this project, but how does one go about making a link to the text. Does it have to be a Google link? I am completely in the dark as to how to deal with this. Thanks for your feedback!
Good Luck!
Ernst
Hopefully someone who knows how to upload a script and get a link - I am sorry to say that I don't - will come along and describe the process. Then I'll add the process info to the first posting for future contributors and collections!

While waiting, anything else you want to share about this offering so I can post it?

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

ToddHW wrote:
Ernst Pattynama wrote:Dear Todd
Good Luck!
Ernst
Hopefully someone who knows how to upload a script and get a link - I am sorry to say that I don't - will come along and describe the process. Then I'll add the process info to the first posting for future contributors and collections!

While waiting, anything else you want to share about this offering so I can post it?

Thanks, Todd
I found the above on this page from a couple of messages ago:
I've color-coded texts before, and usually, it's done using Google Docs. This is free to use, you just need a Google account, which most people probably have anyway. Once you're signed into your Google account, go to Google Drive. This is a place where you can store and create files to share with other people. Create a new document and copy/paste in the text you're working with from Project Gutenberg. Then from there, you can color-code using the editing bar, or you could also space out the text like a script and add character tags for each line. Once you've set up the text, save it, and then hit the share button in the upper right hand corner. It will ask you who you want to be able to access the text, and you can choose Public. That should make it visible to anyone. The option of "anyone who has the link" probably works as well, but I like to be on the safe side and go with Public. Clicking on the share button also generates the link to the text, which you can copy to post here for everyone working on the project!
Does that help?
Ernst Pattynama

Post by Ernst Pattynama »

Dear Todd, please find below information on a project:

“The Garden Party” by Katherine Mansfield

Text link : http://www.gutenberg.org/cache/epub/1429/pg1429.txt

Link to author on Wikipedia :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katherine_Mansfield

Link to title on Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Garden_Party_(short_story)

Number of roles : see Link to Title

Original publication date: 4 February 1922 (see Link to Title)

List of Characters in ‘my’ DR script:

Narrator. Meg. Mother. Laura. Tall Man. Pale Man*. Workman*. Laurie. Sadie. Jose. Hans. Cook. Godber’s man. Kitty Maitland. Lady1. Lady2. Lady3. Father. Woman1. Woman2. Woman3.
(*could be read by the same reader...)

The Ladies’ and the Women’s parts could be read by the same readers, but preferably by three different readers. I'd appreciate your advice on this. The Women’s part are slightly ‘bigger’.

I am still trying to find out how to get a link to the script.
I am also preparing a WC which might be useful.

Good Luck
We are never so ridiculous for the qualities we have as for those we pretend to.