COMPLETE - Further Chronicles of Avonlea-Montgomery-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
francesb

Post by francesb »

Rapunzelina wrote:
Thank you Amanda! That fits perfectly!

Now, waiting for the missing line of Frank.
In the meantime Story #4 is ready: https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/furtherchroniclesofavonlea_04_montgomery_128kb.mp3
duration: 23:41

For Story #5, we're missing the intro/outro for the Narration... I hope psimonin is still available.
We need:
Story 5 of Further Chronicles of Avonlea by Lucy Maud Mongomery. This is a Librivox recording. All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit Librivox dot org.
and
End of Story 5.
Thank you so so much Rapunzelina! And I shall PM psimonin :)
Frances Brown
“Maybe our favorite quotations say more about us than about the stories and people we're quoting" -John Green
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Rapunzelina,
May I try editing #11, The Education of Betty? It's a bit shorter, and I'd like to start with just a few characters :wink: .
Last edited by SweetPea on May 28th, 2014, 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Oh, and I'm not exactly sure how to put the files into audacity. When I just click on the link, I hear it. When I click "save link as" and I save it, when I open it on my computer I still just hear it. I tried right clicking on the file and touching "open with" but audacity wasn't one of the options. :help: Can someone tell me how to do it? I read the directions here but they start at what you do after the files are in audacity.
Thank you,
Sweet Pea
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Hi Sweet Pea! If Audacity doesn't show up when you click "Open with..." you might have to look for it in "other applications" or something like that. But it will be easier if you open Audacity (as when you intend to record) and then click Open from menu File. You can then choose the file from where you saved/downloaded it, and you'll have it in Audacity :thumbs:

Enjoy working on Story 11 :D
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Rapunzelina wrote: I've prepared the first story: https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/furtherchroniclesofavonlea_01_montgomery_128kb.mp3
(added in the MW, too) 22:14
When you listen to it - no hurry - let me know if it's ok, and I'll do the next in the same manner, or if something would be better done differently. Thanks!
Story 1 is PL OK! :thumbs:

Sounds great! :9: Very smoothly edited!
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Elizabby wrote:Story 1 is PL OK! :thumbs:

Sounds great! :9: Very smoothly edited!
Thank you Beth! I'll get on the next ones with renewed energy knowing that the result is good :D
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

I'm not exactly sure what to do for the ID3 tags, so I just guessed what to put in :) I can change them later if their totally wrong :)
Sweet Pea
Rachel

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Oh, don't worry about the ID3 tags in this project :D They will be filled in automatically at cataloguing
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Here's what I've got! Let me know if it needs any work :) Time 21:05.
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/furtherchroniclesofavonlea_11_montgomery_128kb.mp3
:D Sweet Pea
Rachel

Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

SweetPea wrote:Here's what I've got! Let me know if it needs any work :) Time 21:05.
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/furtherchroniclesofavonlea_11_montgomery_128kb.mp3
:D Sweet Pea
I'll put this in the MW, but these are long files so I probably won't get a chance to PL it until the weekend.
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Okay :D !
Rachel

SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

May I edit Story 13?
Rachel

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

SweetPea wrote:May I edit Story 13?
Yes, please! It's good to see that you are enjoying editing!

I've worked on some of the stories, too, so I'll upload those shortly!
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Stories 6, 7, 8 have been uploaded, and MW updated.

For Story 9 we're missing a line by Mrs. Eben (sarahelizabeth):
"You'll have to make that quilt, Sara Andrews. If you're going to live out on those prairies, you'll need piles of quilts, and you shall have them if I sew my fingers to the bone. But you'll have to help make them." [edit: OK! not missing]
and a short phrase by the narrator (Elizabby): "was the reply."
which can be looked up in the text if needed (e.g. with the Find function)

I'll work on Story 10 next :)
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Oh, an update to my post above! I went through sarahelizabeth posts and I found a more recent file that includes that missing line :thumbs: The filename was different, so that's why the file I got from the MW the first time was missing it. But OK now!
So, only that short phrase by the narrator, or is that too somewhere within the thread?