One Act Plays and Other Collections - Planning Thread

Plays and other dramatic works
midnightstarr

Post by midnightstarr »

I am still interested in being one of the voices in a One-Act Play if anyone is interested.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Did you check the project thread for the current one act play project? It was posted earlier - actually, looks like the post right after your last post.
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
RebeccaSeaman

Post by RebeccaSeaman »

Hey Im new here so Im a bit rusty on the abbreviation but i would love to participate in any of the readings of one acts or Shakespeare.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Great! The current one-act play project is here: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=48622
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

By the way, there is also a "Dramatic Reading Scene and Story Collection" underway too. Different animal from one act plays, but this thread is probably a good place to mention it and any planning for future offerings.

viewtopic.php?p=997789#p997789

Thanks, Todd
Tortilla

Post by Tortilla »

A one-act for the the next collection that I would like to do:
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/2502/2502-h/2502-h.htm

Written by Rabindranath Tagore, the first non-European to win the Noble Prize for Literature (1913), it adapts part of the story from the Mahabharata and centers upon the character of Chitrangada, a female warrior who tries to attract the attention of Arjuna, a prince.

Characters:

MADANA (Eros). – God (or goddess) of love
VASANTA (Lycoris). – god (or goddess) of springtime and eternal youth
MORTALS:
CHITRA, daughter of the King of Manipur. Raised as a boy, she becomes infatuated with Arjuna and desired to learn how to be a woman.
ARJUNA, a prince of the house of the Kurus. He is of the Kshatriya or "warrior caste," and during the action is living as a Hermit retired in the forest.
Villagers 1 and 2

A very pretty, lyrical play. :D Would like to do it in the near/far future.
Hello! Newly graduated and occasional Librivox contributor.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

There are still a couple of roles to fill in the current one act play collection before it'll be time to start the next collection. Soon enough though, I'm sure!

Thanks, Todd
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Hi Tortilla as Todd says it would be better just to wait until the current collection is almost ready to go to cataloguing and then we can start the next collection. I would be happy to BC the next collection unless someone has a burning desire to do so. It is a lot of work as you have to be on top of everything all the time but I enjoy that side of Librivox as I really enjoy organising things and editing.

Hopefully it won't be too long before the next one is ready to go. thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
Tortilla

Post by Tortilla »

I am definitely aware of that. :) I just wanted to post it for the sake of remembrance.
Tortilla

Post by Tortilla »

A really short one act that I like-

Human Nature by Floyd Dell
http://www.gutenberg.org/cache/epub/6587/pg6587.html

Two celestial figures decide to see what Earth is like. Probably less than a 5 minute play.
Tortilla

Post by Tortilla »

Another one-act I like:

The Second Story Man, (http://www.gutenberg.org/files/3302/3302-h/3302-h.htm) by Upton Sinclair.

3 characters, probably a ~35 minute one act.
RikkyBoy

Post by RikkyBoy »

Hi,

I would be interested in jumping in here if there is room for me? :-)
RikkyBoy

Software : Audacity 2.0.6 - MP3 Gain
Equipment : Yetti Microphone with Filter - Sony Headphones
General Settings : 44100hz - 128bps - Mono - Noise Removal - Amplify

'Evil only prevails when good men fail to act ...'
wib66

Post by wib66 »

RikkyBoy wrote:Hi,

I would be interested in jumping in here if there is room for me? :-)
I am going to be setting up the next collection very soon so have a think about which one you would like to either BC or look for roles coming up that you would like to record.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
unclejoe

Post by unclejoe »

Had a drama class.....with a book of one act plays.......they were great.......
Will keep an eye out to sign on for a part.
aloha,
joe t.
edhumpal

Post by edhumpal »

I'm looking for a Travelling Actor's Troupe to pull their wagon down the road to the Short Works Collection and read two scenes written by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.

I'm BC-ing a Poetry Collection, a History of America through the minds and hearts of its poets, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54521 and there are two tasty tidbits the original editor included in his section on the Salem Witch Trials.

AdeledePignerolles, well known I'm sure among your colorful company, has volunteered to coordinate and edit these scenes. Since I don't know what to do, and she does, we have the basis for a partnership. At her suggestion, I put the cast list at the bottom of my MW. I invite you to encamp on my thread, proclaim your preferences, block your movements, and do whatever else you do. In my limited past experience, I know that you keep actors happy by feeding them, and while at first blush that hardly seems possible here, I see in the emoticons to my left that I can at least offer a verisimilitude of cake. :birthday:

Come on down, leave your boots on, make some noise.