[COMPLETE] The Sea Voyage by John Fletcher & P Massinger-tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Tortilla

Post by Tortilla »

I've signed you up for Albert! Have fun!!
Hello! Newly graduated and occasional Librivox contributor.
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

I would like to help with this project, so perhaps I could read the narrator, as you want someone else to do it!
I have always liked the dramas written in this period.
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Tortilla

Post by Tortilla »

alanmapstone wrote:I would like to help with this project, so perhaps I could read the narrator, as you want someone else to do it!
I have always liked the dramas written in this period.
I'll sign you up! Thank you!!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Moving us to Readers Wanted...
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Tortilla

Post by Tortilla »

Thank you!!
abendlied

Post by abendlied »

May I read for Clarinda?

Best,
Sarah
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Hi! A few questions before we start.

- Some characters have french names. Do you want these pronounced in the french way (al-bere) or the english way (al-BERT). I think it might be a good idea to put a pronunciation guide to names in the first post to get consistency. It may save trouble later.

- In the text the act numbers are in latin (Actus Primus). Do you want them read this way on the recording or changed to English (Act one)?

- Do you want the list of characters included in the narration for act 1 or as a separate section?

- In the list of characters, do you want the full description of each character as shown on page 1 or just the proper name of each? I will do whichever you prefer.

Good luck with the project.
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Tortilla

Post by Tortilla »

abendlied wrote:May I read for Clarinda?

Best,
Sarah
I'll sign you up.
Tortilla

Post by Tortilla »

alanmapstone wrote:Hi! A few questions before we start.

- Some characters have french names. Do you want these pronounced in the french way (al-bere) or the english way (al-BERT). I think it might be a good idea to put a pronunciation guide to names in the first post to get consistency. It may save trouble later.

- In the text the act numbers are in latin (Actus Primus). Do you want them read this way on the recording or changed to English (Act one)?

- Do you want the list of characters included in the narration for act 1 or as a separate section?

- In the list of characters, do you want the full description of each character as shown on page 1 or just the proper name of each? I will do whichever you prefer.

Good luck with the project.
I think the French pronounciation would be best, I'll post a pronounciation guide soon. English for the Acts, and full descriptions for the characters. I'll get to it soon.
Tortilla

Post by Tortilla »

I have updated the cast list with a guide of how to pronounce a couple of the French names. Only concerned with the French ones. If you are better at French than me, please tell me what would be a better visual guide. Please use the French way of saying the noted cast's names.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Tortilla wrote:I have updated the cast list with a guide of how to pronounce a couple of the French names. Only concerned with the French ones. If you are better at French than me, please tell me what would be a better visual guide. Please use the French way of saying the noted cast's names.
Is "Albert (pronounce: Al-BERE)" actually pronounced as 2 syllables Al-BEAR or three syllables Al-Beh-Ray? Sorry it has been too long since I ever learned how phonetic symbols worked.

Thanks, Todd
Tortilla

Post by Tortilla »

ToddHW wrote:
Tortilla wrote:I have updated the cast list with a guide of how to pronounce a couple of the French names. Only concerned with the French ones. If you are better at French than me, please tell me what would be a better visual guide. Please use the French way of saying the noted cast's names.
Is "Albert (pronounce: Al-BERE)" actually pronounced as 2 syllables Al-BEAR or three syllables Al-Beh-Ray? Sorry it has been too long since I ever learned how phonetic symbols worked.

Thanks, Todd
Let's go with Al-BEAR. It sounds better and easier to pronounce. :)
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Tortilla wrote:
ToddHW wrote:

Thanks, Todd
Let's go with Al-BEAR. It sounds better and easier to pronounce. :)
Al-BEAR it is!

Thanks, Todd
Tortilla

Post by Tortilla »

MW updated with Clarinda.
Tortilla

Post by Tortilla »

I will be taking the role of Juletta, methinks.