COMPLETE [DRAM.READ] Sylvie and Bruno by Lewis Carroll -m8b1

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
micky

Post by micky »

Sorry again - my wifi router broke and I've had to use the computers at my school... All the students are cramming for finals, though, so it's hard to get a computer most days :|

Here's a first start on PLing, will post more as I have a computer to listen :lol:

Arie - chapter 10 is PL OK, and the other chapters will come soon!

Bala - chapters 5 and 8 are PL OK!

Kristin - woman3 and chorus are PL OK!
micky
VanOs12

Post by VanOs12 »

Cheers
micky

Post by micky »

Arie: narrator chapters 11 & 15 are PL OK
Chapter 12 - around 02:01, there is a line missing: "That would be awkward, I admitted, taking it quite as a matter of course that he had so suddenly caught sight of me."
Before 02:23, the line "said Bruno" is missing
07:42, missing the part of the line, "And he went on with his work"

Chapter 13 - before 01:28, I'm not sure if the translated doggee ("humans, I verily believe...") should be read by the mastiff or the narrator?
Before 02:55, again unsure about the translated dogged ("she's not such a bad-looking human, is she?")

Chapter 14 - 02:01, for the line "He either fears his fate too much, or his desert is small" I heard "his dessert is small"

Arnaldo: Earl chapters 8, 17, 18, 20, & 23 are all PL OK

And Melanie, you are next up on my list!

ETA: Also, since the narrator chapters 14 & 15 weren't in the MW yet, I took the liberty of adding them while I was inputting my notes :)
micky
VanOs12

Post by VanOs12 »

micky wrote: Chapter 12 - around 02:01, there is a line missing; Before 02:23, the line "said Bruno" is missing; 07:42, missing the part of the line.
Chapter 13 - before 01:28, I'm not sure if the translated doggee ("humans, I verily believe...") should be read by the mastiff or the narrator? Before 02:55, again unsure about the translated dogged ("she's not such a bad-looking human, is she?")
Chapter 14 - 02:01, for the line "He either fears his fate too much, or his desert is small" I heard "his dessert is small"
Here are Chapters 12 and 14 updated:
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/sylvieandbruno_narrator_12_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/sylvieandbruno_narrator_14_128kb.mp3

I'm not sure what you want me to do about Chapter 13. Do I need to edit out those two areas?

Arie
Cheers
micky

Post by micky »

Thanks, Arie, I probably didn't make that clear - those lines weren't included in your recordings, and I was hoping that Algy would know which reader was supposed to have those lines... I would wait to record them for now, I would hate to have you put in the work and then realize you didn't have to in the first place :)
ETA: Oh my, I just found the google docs links and my life got sooo much easier! So obviously, these lines were not yours to record and my stumbling around the original document created more hassles than necessary :lol:

And PL is pending on your updated sections :wink:

ETA: chapters 12 & 14 are PL OK! I will add the new links to the MW as well.
micky
micky

Post by micky »

Melanie - Just as a side note, but it is helpful for whoever edits the lines together if there is a bit more space between lines (the wiki has some more info about plays/dramatic readings) Your sections are already recorded so it's not an issue, just a heads-up for future recordings :)

Chapters 2, 5, 8, 16, 18, & 19 are PL OK!
In chapter 5, you introduce your character as "My Lady 1" and don't include "Lady Muriel"... Not sure if this is important or not so I will let Algy decide on that one :) Will mark as OK for now and come back later if needed!

Chapter 17 - before 00:49, missing the line "Oh yes indeed, indeed! So true!"
And great job on the song - you have an amazing voice!
micky
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

micky wrote:Melanie -
In chapter 5, you introduce your character as "My Lady 1" and don't include "Lady Muriel"... Not sure if this is important or not so I will let Algy decide on that one :) Will mark as OK for now and come back later if needed!
Hi Micky

The editor really only needs one instance of the character reading his/her name - this is used for the dramatis personae. As Melanie read the full "My Lady 1 - Lady Muriel" at the start of chapter two she won't need to change chapter 5.

Cheers
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by micky »

Algy Pug wrote:The editor really only needs one instance of the character reading his/her name - this is used for the dramatis personae. As Melanie read the full "My Lady 1 - Lady Muriel" at the start of chapter two she won't need to change chapter 5.
Perfect, thanks so much Algy!
micky
VanOs12

Post by VanOs12 »

Cheers
azureblue

Post by azureblue »

Hello , here is the Will Dearth bit - hope its ok :D
sylvieandbruno_willdearth_all_128kb.mp3
azureblue

Post by azureblue »

Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

I think you have sent your post to the wrong thread - it should be:
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=51632

Of course if you wish to take a section in Sylvie and Bruno you are more than welcome.

Cheers
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by azureblue »

Doh !!!! :oops:
treble768

Post by treble768 »

micky wrote:Melanie - Just as a side note, but it is helpful for whoever edits the lines together if there is a bit more space between lines (the wiki has some more info about plays/dramatic readings) Your sections are already recorded so it's not an issue, just a heads-up for future recordings :)

Chapters 2, 5, 8, 16, 18, & 19 are PL OK!

Chapter 17 - before 00:49, missing the line "Oh yes indeed, indeed! So true!"
And great job on the song - you have an amazing voice!
Thanks for the information on leaving more space. I will do that for the remaining recordings.

I have fixed Chapter 17. Here is the link to the fixed version.

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/sylvieandbruno_ladymuriel_17_128kb.mp3

Thanks for the compliment about the song :)
treble768

Post by treble768 »