[COMPLETE]The Romance of Modern Engineering, by Archibald Williams - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

gont wrote: September 23rd, 2022, 1:13 pm
icequeen wrote: August 6th, 2022, 7:50 pm
prajak wrote: August 6th, 2022, 6:55 am Hello,

I want to read the section 5: The tower Bridge and section 10: City Railways.
May I?

Regards
Prajakta
You may! Thanks Prajakta!
May I ask, please, to claim section 5: The tower Bridge and section 10: City Railways, in case Prajak doesn't deliver on due October 6?
She has delivered her sections to me in the past, so I am confident that she will. I will let you know otherwise.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
prajak

Post by prajak »

Hello,

This is the link for chapter 10

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/romanceofmodernengineering_10_williams_128kb.mp3
Duration 24:56 min

Prajakta
prajak

Post by prajak »

icequeen wrote: September 23rd, 2022, 2:04 pm
icequeen wrote: August 6th, 2022, 7:50 pm

You may! Thanks Prajakta!
May I ask, please, to claim section 5: The tower Bridge and section 10: City Railways, in case Prajak doesn't deliver on due October 6?
She has delivered her sections to me in the past, so I am confident that she will. I will let you know otherwise.
Thanks for showing the confidence in me. Will post the link for the other chapter within a day or two. As I have just learnt, if I complete my work under pressure, I make lot of mistakes. So better not to get pressurized. :-)

Many times it happens and it had happened with me for 3-4 times, that we very much want to do a certain project but somebody else had already claimed it. Though a bit disappointment, Librivox is providing so many projects with such a diversity that one can pick other project from the list happily. Thanks a lot for that.

Regards,
Prajakta
gont

Post by gont »

prajak wrote: September 29th, 2022, 9:53 pm

Thanks for showing the confidence in me. Will post the link for the other chapter within a day or two. As I have just learnt, if I complete my work under pressure, I make lot of mistakes. So better not to get pressurized. :-)

Many times it happens and it had happened with me for 3-4 times, that we very much want to do a certain project but somebody else had already claimed it. Though a bit disappointment, Librivox is providing so many projects with such a diversity that one can pick other project from the list happily. Thanks a lot for that.

Regards,
Prajakta

Sure Prajakta, I didn’t mean to imply you wouldn’t complete it, simply wanted to be in queue first in case you happen to not be able to complete :)
Happy to hear your recording once it’s ready, it’s a nice piece to read.

Have a great weekend
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

gont wrote: September 30th, 2022, 11:03 am
prajak wrote: September 29th, 2022, 9:53 pm

Regards,
Prajakta

Sure Prajakta, I didn’t mean to imply you wouldn’t complete it, simply wanted to be in queue first in case you happen to not be able to complete :)
Happy to hear your recording once it’s ready, it’s a nice piece to read.

Have a great weekend
If you are liking this type of project, I have posted another book in this series, The Romance of Modern Photography, and it has a few sections open. Come on by and have a look!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
gont

Post by gont »

icequeen wrote: September 30th, 2022, 3:12 pm If you are liking this type of project, I have posted another book in this series, The Romance of Modern Photography, and it has a few sections open. Come on by and have a look!
Hi, well i'm less into photography (at least for now :D) but thanks a bunch for offering!
prajak

Post by prajak »

Hello,

This is the link for chapter 5

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/romanceofmodernengineering_05_williams_128kb.mp3

Duration 31:22 min

First half was normal but I thought the volume in the second half is very loud. So I was trying to make everything even by reducing few dbs, may have messed it up.
I am ready to rerecord some part if required.

Thank you
Prajakta
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

prajak wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 6:01 am Hello,

This is the link for chapter 5

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/romanceofmodernengineering_05_williams_128kb.mp3

Duration 31:22 min

First half was normal but I thought the volume in the second half is very loud. So I was trying to make everything even by reducing few dbs, may have messed it up.
I am ready to rerecord some part if required.

Thank you
Prajakta
Thanks Prajakta! I will let you know as soon as I can!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Chapter 5 does need a couple of things fixed.

The volume for the whole recording is currently at 85.4 dB, which is just a little bit low. If you can amplify by 4 dB, then that will get the volume where we need it to be. I didn't find the second half to be louder than the first half, but that could be because you did reduce the volume on the second half to match the first.

There are stumbles at 1:56-:59 and 23:56, that need to be clipped out.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
prajak

Post by prajak »

icequeen wrote: October 4th, 2022, 7:48 pm Chapter 5 does need a couple of things fixed.

The volume for the whole recording is currently at 85.4 dB, which is just a little bit low. If you can amplify by 4 dB, then that will get the volume where we need it to be. I didn't find the second half to be louder than the first half, but that could be because you did reduce the volume on the second half to match the first.

Hello,

This is the corrected link for chapter 5.

Duration: 31:17

I hope the link for chapter 10 is not missed out. I had sent it before chapter 5.

Prajakta
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

prajak wrote: October 6th, 2022, 2:53 am
icequeen wrote: October 4th, 2022, 7:48 pm Chapter 5 does need a couple of things fixed.

Hello,

This is the corrected link for chapter 5.

Duration: 31:17

I hope the link for chapter 10 is not missed out. I had sent it before chapter 5.

Prajakta
Section 5 is now PL OK! And, yes, I did miss section 10, I will listen to that now, thank you!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

And, chapter 10 is PL OK! Off we go to the catalog!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-romance-of-modern-engineering-by-archibald-williams/

Great job everyone, thank you so much for participating in this project! :clap: :clap:
Ann

Audio, video, disco!