[COMPLETE][Gothic Fiction]Tales and Stories by Mary Shelley - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Hi Ben, Just noticed that the Roman numerals in the MW Section Titles are at odds with the actual chapter numbers of the book. Can you check into this?
Christine
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

brownrottger wrote: July 31st, 2022, 3:38 am Hi Ben, Just noticed that the Roman numerals in the MW Section Titles are at odds with the actual chapter numbers of the book. Can you check into this?
Christine
Yea, that was intentional. with several multi-part stories, the roman numerals would've been duplicated, and it looked very strange. It seemed less confusing to the actual listener to have each section with a unique roman numeral.
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

pmessina wrote: July 30th, 2022, 12:00 pm Hi, Kitty,

Here's my contribution.

link: https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/talesandstories_16_shelley_128kb.mp3
duration: 25:34

Paula
Hi Paula, I started to PL this but there are many repeats. Below are the notes to as far as I got. Please listen to the whole recording and remove repeats an fix below edits. After you reupload that, I will PL the whole.

4:30 Remove repeat "a hayrick ... outhouses
2:58 missing words "gambolled in the delicious liberty ... all linked by strong affection." before "The delicate fragile existence of my mother..."
0:24 should be "XVI" which is the number in the Section Title in the MW"; I heard "XIII"
Thanks!
Christine
penelopepresents

Post by penelopepresents »

Hi, Kitty! Here's my contribution: https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/talesandstories_17_shelley_128kb.mp3 Duration 35m39s

Thanks for letting me be a part of this project. This is my first narration to Librivox, and I'm excited to do more! :D

Cheers,
Penelope
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

penelopepresents wrote: August 2nd, 2022, 8:36 am Hi, Kitty! Here's my contribution: https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/talesandstories_17_shelley_128kb.mp3 Duration 35m39s

Thanks for letting me be a part of this project. This is my first narration to Librivox, and I'm excited to do more! :D

Cheers,
Penelope
Thanks! You are queued for PL!
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

penelopepresents wrote: August 2nd, 2022, 8:36 am Hi, Kitty! Here's my contribution: https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/talesandstories_17_shelley_128kb.mp3 Duration 35m39s

Cheers,
Penelope
Very well dramatized. Great character voice and accents!
Section 17 notes (Please make your edits from the end of the recording to the beginning so the time references stay true:
Leave 5 seconds exactly of silence at the end (as in all Librivox recordings)
25:54 should be "when she heard"; I heard "where she heard"
22:24 should be "whose embowering trees"; I heard "whose empowering trees"
22:13 missing words and paragraph: "Who is that lovely being .... remarkably gentle and steady"
21:08 remove repeated words "and then"
17:39 should be "is it possible"; I heard "it is possible"
6:32 missing words "He was thinking of he country"
shorten beginning silence to .5 to 1 second.
Thanks!
Christine
penelopepresents

brownrottger wrote: August 2nd, 2022, 5:34 pm

Cheers,
Penelope
Very well dramatized. Great character voice and accents!
Section 17 notes (Please make your edits from the end of the recording to the beginning so the time references stay true:
Leave 5 seconds exactly of silence at the end (as in all Librivox recordings)
25:54 should be "when she heard"; I heard "where she heard"
22:24 should be "whose embowering trees"; I heard "whose empowering trees"
22:13 missing words and paragraph: "Who is that lovely being .... remarkably gentle and steady"
21:08 remove repeated words "and then"
17:39 should be "is it possible"; I heard "it is possible"
6:32 missing words "He was thinking of he country"
shorten beginning silence to .5 to 1 second.
Thanks!
Christine
Christine - thanks for the kind words. I'll get the edits done and uploaded within the next day or so!
penelopepresents

Kitty - here's my resubmitted section: https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/talesandstories_17_shelley_128kb.mp3
Already PLed by Christine once.
New duration: 36m55s
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

penelopepresents wrote: August 4th, 2022, 10:53 am Kitty - here's my resubmitted section: https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/talesandstories_17_shelley_128kb.mp3
Already PLed by Christine once.
New duration: 36m55s
Section 17 is now PL Ok! In future please pay attention to making beginning silence .5-1 second and it is still at about 2 seconds in my hearing.
Thanks!
Christine
pmessina

Post by pmessina »

Dear Kitty,

re: The Parvenue

I do not want to complete this. It has turned into sheer torture for me. The more I work on it, the more I hate it. Please let someone else do this.

Paula
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

pmessina wrote: August 7th, 2022, 11:40 am Dear Kitty,

re: The Parvenue

I do not want to complete this. It has turned into sheer torture for me. The more I work on it, the more I hate it. Please let someone else do this.

Paula
Well, I'm sorry to hear that... I'll open it up for availability again if you really don't think you want to edit it.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

let me move us back to Readers Wanted then...

Sonia
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

I'd like to take on Section 16: The Parvenue, if I may.

Thanks,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Where the Blue Begins by Christopher Morley (humorous novel about a "Synthetic Hound" named Haphazard Gissing I.)
Potemkin Village by Fletcher Pratt (science fiction novelet)
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

Winnifred wrote: August 14th, 2022, 9:13 pm I'd like to take on Section 16: The Parvenue, if I may.

Thanks,
Thanks! It's assigned to you!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and back to readers found :)

Sonia