[COMPLETE] The Life of Mozart Volume 2, by Otto Jahn - kaz

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Mozartjr

Post by Mozartjr »

Mhenson1 wrote: September 20th, 2022, 3:08 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/kazbek/lifeofmozart2_07_jahn_128kb.mp3

section 7

41:17

Thanks!
No, thank you!
Mozartjr
sjr8545

Post by sjr8545 »

Hi there,
I have two questions:
1. Going back through the posts, was there any conclusion re. how to deal with those bits of the text where it says "See Page Image"? I have three of these - two referring to only one or two musical notes (pp. 243 and 244), and the third to a musical passage (p.246). I'm not set up to provide the music (trust me, no-one wants to hear me try and squeak it out on my recorder). If you have a preferred approach, please let me know.
2. I'm also not sure if I should have read the numbers in parentheses in a number of places, e.g., "flutes are employed only in the storm (18), trombones only for the oracle (28)," since I'm not sure if it's clear to the listener what they're referencing. OK, I'll admit, it wasn't clear to me, but maybe I'm just dense.

Any help appreciated, hoping to have Section 17 finished shortly once I have my answers!

Sarah
Mhenson1

Post by Mhenson1 »

Mhenson1

Post by Mhenson1 »

RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

Greetings MC, BC and DPL:

I am just wondering what is happening with this project as there has been almost no activity for quite a while. I have 9 sections still awaiting proof-listening, most of which were submitted back in July and August.

Do we need to get out the paddles and give it a jump? :lol: Thanks
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

When the DPL is inactive for a long stretch, the BC decides how long to wait before looking for other PLs. The DPL here hasn't logged in since July, which is a long time.

Michael
sjr8545

Post by sjr8545 »

OK, here it is, the last remaining piece. I was holding onto it for a couple of reasons: hoping for an answer to my earlier question on how to deal with the "See page image" bits, and because I thought I might have a solution (I do, but not one that will come soon enough, I fear, since the friend with a cello needs to take it to a luthier). But I'm running up on my 2-month deadline and I'd kind of like to get it out of my hair and move on to something else. So I have left noticeable gaps for the two areas where the images of musical notes are a necessary part of the sentence, but have ignored the third image which is not critical to the reading of the text (in my opinion, at least). I can always change things later once I get a bit of guidance. The file will be sitting on my computer, not going anywhere, for the time being.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kazbek/lifeofmozart2_17_jahn_128kb.mp3
40:31

As always, whoever ends up dealing with this, let me know what needs fixing!

All the best,
Sarah
Mozartjr

Post by Mozartjr »

sjr8545 wrote: October 15th, 2022, 9:02 pm OK, here it is, the last remaining piece. I was holding onto it for a couple of reasons: hoping for an answer to my earlier question on how to deal with the "See page image" bits, and because I thought I might have a solution (I do, but not one that will come soon enough, I fear, since the friend with a cello needs to take it to a luthier). But I'm running up on my 2-month deadline and I'd kind of like to get it out of my hair and move on to something else. So I have left noticeable gaps for the two areas where the images of musical notes are a necessary part of the sentence, but have ignored the third image which is not critical to the reading of the text (in my opinion, at least). I can always change things later once I get a bit of guidance. The file will be sitting on my computer, not going anywhere, for the time being.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kazbek/lifeofmozart2_17_jahn_128kb.mp3
40:31

As always, whoever ends up dealing with this, let me know what needs fixing!

All the best,
Sarah
I'm sorry about that! I must have missed that post. I'm going to advertise for a new DPL, so that we can get this project finished.
Mozartjr
sjr8545

Post by sjr8545 »

[quote=Mozartjr post_id=2111711 time=1666623551 user_id=
I'm sorry about that! I must have missed that post. I'm going to advertise for a new DPL, so that we can get this project finished.
Mozartjr
[/quote]

No worries, I’ll update/fix the file once you have a new DPL up to speed.

Sarah
Mozartjr

Post by Mozartjr »

Ok, I just posted a thread advertising for a new DPL. Hopefully one will come to our aid soon... :)
I would do it myself, but I am already backed up on other DPL projects.
Mozartjr
Servant

Post by Servant »

Last edited by Servant on November 2nd, 2022, 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Servant

Post by Servant »

Hi, I'm new... I'd like to PL: CHAPTER XVIII. FRENCH OPERA, Part 1, please.... and also, should observations be sent directly to the chapter reader privatly, ain't it?
Mozartjr

Post by Mozartjr »

Servant wrote: November 2nd, 2022, 7:06 pm Hi, I'm new... I'd like to PL: CHAPTER XVIII. FRENCH OPERA, Part 1, please.... and also, should observations be sent directly to the chapter reader privatly, ain't it?
Hi there! Thank you for your interest in the project!
No, you post the results of the PL/any PL notes (if there are any) directly in this thread.
Thank you,
Mozartjr
Servant

Post by Servant »

Noted, Mozartjr, thank you.

Though the reader is a pro, I'm in doubt if quotations like the following are to be narrated:

[00:07:08] Didn't say: "(Vol. I., p. 154 et seq.)"
[00:22:10] Didn't say: "(Vol. I., p. 87 et seq.)"
[00:23:46] Didn't say: "(Vol. I., p. 203)."

Anyhow I'd like to volunteer too for PL: Section 2 CHAPTER XVIII. FRENCH OPERA, Part 2
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

Thank you Servant, for your comments.

The reason I did not include these references is because he is referring to something he said in Volume 1 of this series. The page numbers he references would make absolutely no sense to a listener of this book. Therefore, I left them out.