[COMPLETE] Messiah: Fifty Expository Discourses on the Oratorio of Handel, by John Newton - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

GillH wrote: June 24th, 2022, 3:44 pm43, please.
Done!
Female Scripture Characters by William Jay (1769 - 1853) 97% 1 left! "The Penitent Sinner Part 2"
St. Augustine (Vol.6 Psalms 126-150) 94% 3 left!
PL pls: DPL DPL 43 27-28
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Beeswaxcandle wrote: June 22nd, 2022, 6:44 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/messiahhandel_21_newton_128kb.mp3

And here is Sermon 21 (17:13 long)
Section 21 PL Notes:
  • 00:00 Note (no change needed): The volume of this track is 87.08dB. LV requires the overall volume for the track (measured by ReplayGain) to be between 86-92db (with 89dB being the ideal). The file falls within the outer ends of that range and so doesn't need to be changed but it's worth being careful about this. The easiest way to automatically set the volume is to use the 'Loudness Normalization' effect (set to -19LUFS) in recent versions of Audacity before exporting the track as an MP3. Another way would be to use the Amplify effect set to 2dB.
  • 00:01 Max 1 second of silence at the start of the track please!
Female Scripture Characters by William Jay (1769 - 1853) 97% 1 left! "The Penitent Sinner Part 2"
Beeswaxcandle

Post by Beeswaxcandle »

InTheDesert wrote: June 25th, 2022, 11:22 pm
Beeswaxcandle wrote: June 22nd, 2022, 6:44 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/messiahhandel_21_newton_128kb.mp3

Section 21 PL Notes:
  • 00:00 Note (no change needed): The volume of this track is 87.08dB. LV requires the overall volume for the track (measured by ReplayGain) to be between 86-92db (with 89dB being the ideal). The file falls within the outer ends of that range and so doesn't need to be changed but it's worth being careful about this. The easiest way to automatically set the volume is to use the 'Loudness Normalization' effect (set to -19LUFS) in recent versions of Audacity before exporting the track as an MP3. Another way would be to use the Amplify effect set to 2dB.
Thanks. I hadn't found the "Loudness Normalisation" effect. I used the "Normalise" on this file to bring it up.

Sorry about the delay on Sermon 7, but I recorded that on a different set-up that I need to recreate so that the edits aren't too obvious. I can only do it when I've got the house to myself, which will hopefully happen on Tuesday morning (NZ time).

Best,
BWC
"Just because you can doesn't mean you should"—my first law of life.
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Beeswaxcandle wrote: June 25th, 2022, 11:45 pm Thanks. I hadn't found the "Loudness Normalisation" effect. I used the "Normalise" on this file to bring it up.

Sorry about the delay on Sermon 7, but I recorded that on a different set-up that I need to recreate so that the edits aren't too obvious. I can only do it when I've got the house to myself, which will hopefully happen on Tuesday morning (NZ time).

Best,
BWC
No rush!
Beeswaxcandle

Post by Beeswaxcandle »

InTheDesert wrote: June 25th, 2022, 11:22 pm

Section 21 PL Notes:
Revised version with the extra time at the start taken out. Unfortunately, I saved the file after playing with the loudness, so I can't try again to bump it up a bit more.
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/messiahhandel_21_newton_128kb.mp3
"Just because you can doesn't mean you should"—my first law of life.
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Beeswaxcandle wrote: June 27th, 2022, 9:35 pm Revised version with the extra time at the start taken out. Unfortunately, I saved the file after playing with the loudness, so I can't try again to bump it up a bit more.
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/messiahhandel_21_newton_128kb.mp3
PL OK!
showard

Post by showard »

Hello! I would like to volunteer to read Sermons 8 and 20. Thank you in advance to everyone working on this project! :mrgreen:
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

showard wrote: June 28th, 2022, 8:39 pm Hello! I would like to volunteer to read Sermons 8 and 20. Thank you in advance to everyone working on this project! :mrgreen:
Welcome to Librivox, showard!
It would be great to have you record sections 8,20 for this project (Messiah). It looks like you've just passed your 1 minute test recording which means you are ready to go. Don't forget in all future recordings to make any changes that were suggested when you did the test recording (eg: if you needed to amplify, you'll need to do that for every section you submit).

In order to assign a section to you in the Magic Window (MW) of this project, I've entered you into the database of readers. Your reader page is accessible here and a list of your assigned sections is here (you might want to bookmark it). LV readers appear under both their forum username and their 'display name' - at the moment both are your forum username. Here's an example of what it would look like if you choose something different. Some people use their real name, a pseudonym or just a repeat of their forum username. You might prefer privacy or to use it as an opportunity to advertise yourself as a narrator. You can change your display name by posting a thread in this forum and an admin will help you out. Your claim is confirmed - you have two months to submit it. Looking forward to hearing your section and have you help out with this project!
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

GillH wrote: June 29th, 2022, 8:52 am Sermon 43 (23:26)

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/messiahhandel_43_newton_128kb.mp3
You seem to have uploaded this twice?

This is PL OK.
GillH

Post by GillH »

Oops! I thought I'd forgotten to upload it and did another pass. Thanks!
RyanDurham

Post by RyanDurham »

I am new here but would like to begin helping with sermon 31 if that would be okay?

I will post my 1 minute test here.

also any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/oneminutetestryandurham.mp3
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

RyanDurham wrote: June 30th, 2022, 12:52 pm I am new here but would like to begin helping with sermon 31 if that would be okay?

I will post my 1 minute test here.

also any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/oneminutetestryandurham.mp3
Welcome to Librivox, RyanDurham!
It would be great to have you record section 31 for this project (Messiah). It looks like you've just passed your 1 minute test recording which means you are ready to go. Don't forget in all future recordings to make any changes that were suggested when you did the test recording (eg: if you needed to amplify, you'll need to do that for every section you submit).

In order to assign a section to you in the Magic Window (MW) of this project, I've entered you into the database of readers. Your reader page is accessible here and a list of your assigned sections is here (you might want to bookmark it). LV readers appear under both their forum username and their 'display name' - at the moment both are your forum username. Here's an example of what it would look like if you choose something different. Some people use their real name, a pseudonym or just a repeat of their forum username. You might prefer privacy or to use it as an opportunity to advertise yourself as a narrator. You can change your display name by posting a thread in this forum and an admin will help you out. Your claim is confirmed - you have two months to submit it. Looking forward to hearing your section and have you help out with this project!
showard

Post by showard »

Hello there,
I have completed my recording for Sermon 8: The Sun Rising upon a Dark World. I got the approval through Checker. Only note I have for PL'er is that around 0:45-1:05, I had a major difference in audio quality on the first take (it sounded like three different people because of me moving too much). On re-record, I was able to get the section to sound consistent, but it is definitely not at the same pitch as the sections surrounding it. The rest of the track seems to stay pretty even. Please let me know any edits you have and I will get started on them promptly! Also, I'll be working on Sermon 20 in the coming days :D

If you/anyone have any helpful articles or tips for how to make edits sound consistent with your original track I would really appreciate it! I am recording on the same day with the same set-up which was a previous suggestion I was given, but still not enough to make it the quality I would like. Thank you!

File link: https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/messiahhandel_08_newton_128kb.mp3
Duration: 21:26

showard