Complete[CHILDREN] Billy Whiskers at the Circus, by Frances Trego Montgomery-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

SuesUK wrote: October 12th, 2021, 6:26 am Hi

I noticed someone has asked to do 11 or 12, can you let me know which one is available and I would like to claim the chapter please?

Thanks

Sue
Well, the person asked for just one of the chapters, and I'm waiting for a response to find out which one they want, and I'll be glad to sign you up for the other. Or, if you have a preference, I'll go ahead and put you in for it since I haven't heard back from them yet.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
SuesUK

Post by SuesUK »

Thanks, I will have chapter 11 please

Sue
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

SuesUK wrote: October 12th, 2021, 8:14 am Thanks, I will have chapter 11 please

Sue
You've got it.
Thanks!
~ Larry
mariechristian

Post by mariechristian »

Awesome!
Marie Christian
loon

Post by loon »

Marie -
Yes indeed. Now all is well.
Chapter 4 - On His Way to the Circus - PL OK. Thanks.

Billy is certainly an extremely clever goat. He can not only tell time by listening to a clock chime, but as we learned in chapter 3 he can read and write in animal language. However does Billy manage to lick a postage stamp without his goat nature taking over? I'd likely eat the stamp and the letter.
Rich Brown - Minneapolis, MN
mariechristian

Post by mariechristian »

How do I tell what volume level my recording is at on Audacity? The checker says my file is not between the 86-92db. I'm not sure if the volume is too low or to high. Thanks!
Marie Christian
loon

Post by loon »

mariechristian wrote: October 12th, 2021, 12:12 pm How do I tell what volume level my recording is at on Audacity? The checker says my file is not between the 86-92db. I'm not sure if the volume is too low or to high. Thanks!
Click the 'Information' tab in Checker. It will show a bunch of things about your .mp3 - one of the things it tells you is 'Volume'. Your chapters 3 and 4 both were at 91.2 dB, which is near the upper limit but OK. So lets say Checker shows 92.2 dB, therefore outside the acceptable range. You could subtract 89 (middle of the 86-92 range) from 92.2, ending up with 3.2. Back in Audacity, you could select your entire edited track and pull down 'Effect' and select 'Amplify...' Since you know the exact change you want to make you can type -3.2 in the Amplification box - a negative number because you want to reduce volume - click OK and export to .mp3 again. Your replacement .mp3 file should be right in the middle of the LibriVox range.

(If you ever need to add volume and the OK box greys out when you've put in the amplification you want come back for another lesson.)
cpollema

Post by cpollema »

I will take Chapter 12 please. Thanks!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

cpollema wrote: October 13th, 2021, 6:56 am I will take Chapter 12 please. Thanks!
I'm sorry, but there is a previous claim for this section.
You should see that the status says, "Assigned," even the name of the reader has not been entered.

Thank you for your interest in recording something.

We do, however, request that our new readers first complete a one-minute test recording to check out all of your technical specifications and any reading issues.

New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!

Among the useful information there you will find instructions for completing your test recording.
~ Larry
cpollema

Post by cpollema »

Ok. No worries! Thanks!
loon

Post by loon »

And if I know Larry there will be another children's book - maybe another Billy Whiskers adventure - opening up for readers pretty soon.
ssharp0119

Post by ssharp0119 »

Thank you Larry, I will start with Chapter 11 and look at how I can make the audio quality better. Much appreciated.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

ssharp0119 wrote: October 13th, 2021, 8:45 am Thank you Larry, I will start with Chapter 11 and look at how I can make the audio quality better. Much appreciated.
Good to hear from you! :)

How would you like to be listed in the LibriVox catalog -- real name, a pseudonym or any nickname you wish.

Someone else spoke up for Chapter 11, but I've saved chapter 12 for you, if that's okay.
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

loon wrote: October 13th, 2021, 7:37 am And if I know Larry there will be another children's book - maybe another Billy Whiskers adventure - opening up for readers pretty soon.
Hmmm. I've got three more books in this series formatted and ready to launch. :D
And I think there will be more coming online in Gutenberg.
~ Larry
ssharp0119

Post by ssharp0119 »

Thank you. I will start on chapter 12. I would like to be listed as Stacey Sharp or S. Sharp either will be fine.