[COMPLETE][Short Stories]The Black Cat Vol. 02 No. 7 April 1897 - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

first section in, a very heroic story. I like it that the supernatural is a slightly hinted at. Excellent narration again, Greg, thank you. Totally PL ok. :thumbs:

Sonia
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

Kitty wrote: September 23rd, 2021, 10:56 pm
first section in, a very heroic story. I like it that the supernatural is a slightly hinted at. Excellent narration again, Greg, thank you. Totally PL ok. :thumbs:

Sonia
Thanks, Sonia! Your kind words always give a boost to the start of my day!

Take care,

Greg
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Hi Sonia,

Here is Section 5. I don't really know how 'supernatural' this story is, just kind of quirky,

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/blackcat0207apr1897_5_various_128kb.mp3

Time: 22:29

Thanks,

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Kalamareader wrote: September 29th, 2021, 7:09 pmHere is Section 5. I don't really know how 'supernatural' this story is, just kind of quirky,
well the stories are not all necessarily supernatural. And this one was kind of a give away already in the title :lol: The author could have chosen a less obvious title ;)

Excellently narrated though and wow, it sounded like an authentic Texan accent :shock: :thumbs: I really enjoyed it. The little sleazy cheat though... :evil:

Only two things missing:

> at 15:21: (p. 45) please insert missed line: "Some of 'em were right lively ones."

> at the end: you forgot to say the end of book disclaimer, since yours was the final section of the project. Please add: "End of The Black Cat Vol. 2 No. 7 April 1897."

thank you

Sonia
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Kitty wrote: September 29th, 2021, 11:27 pm
Kalamareader wrote: September 29th, 2021, 7:09 pmHere is Section 5. I don't really know how 'supernatural' this story is, just kind of quirky,
well the stories are not all necessarily supernatural. And this one was kind of a give away already in the title :lol: The author could have chosen a less obvious title ;)

Excellently narrated though and wow, it sounded like an authentic Texan accent :shock: :thumbs: I really enjoyed it. The little sleazy cheat though... :evil:

Only two things missing:

> at 15:21: (p. 45) please insert missed line: "Some of 'em were right lively ones."

> at the end: you forgot to say the end of book disclaimer, since yours was the final section of the project. Please add: "End of The Black Cat Vol. 2 No. 7 April 1897."

thank you

Sonia
Sonia,

First of all, thank you so much for your kind words. :9:

Second of all, maybe "The Wrath of God Charlie" would have been a good title?

Third of all, here is the corrected recording:

Time: 22:36

I can't believe I missed that line! I remember it from reading it, but kind of, some how, forgot to say it. :roll: :hmm:

And I didn't even think of the last bit :shock: , but hopefully it came out OK.

Thanks for the chance,

Wayne
Wayne
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Kalamareader wrote: September 30th, 2021, 7:53 pmSecond of all, maybe "The Wrath of God Charlie" would have been a good title?
at least the "highlight" would have come a bit like a surprise in the end :lol:
Third of all, here is the corrected recording:
Time: 22:36
:hmm: did you maybe reupload the wrong file ? The one in the MW is still the old length and the corrections are still missing.

Sonia
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Kitty wrote: September 30th, 2021, 11:02 pm :hmm: did you maybe reupload the wrong file ? The one in the MW is still the old length and the corrections are still missing.
Sonia
I can not believe I did what I did. I made all the corrections, which isn't easy when you have to make the volume etc. all sound correct. Well, I did all that and then uploaded it to you. Well, what happened is I didn't save the new one as an mp3 file (overriding the old one), so when I uploaded it, it was the old one. :oops: :roll: The good new is that I still had each of the corrections available so I just had to insert them again and then SAVE IT AS AN MP3 file!!!!!! So:

New time: 22:38

Sorry,

Wayne
Wayne
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Kalamareader wrote: October 1st, 2021, 3:41 pmwhat happened is I didn't save the new one as an mp3 file (overriding the old one), so when I uploaded it, it was the old one.
ah yes, that can happen :mrgreen: well, I'm glad we found the problem. And now the corrections are all in and perfectly PL ok. Thanks, Wayne ! And I hope this wasn't the last Black Cat I'm hearing you in :9:

Sonia
erieston

Post by erieston »

Hello;

I am so sorry but I am going to have to request to be taken off of my spots for this project. As much as I love it, my life is a little crazy currently and I need to take some time to get it straightened so that means stepping away from Librivox for the time being. It really is a great project; best of luck <3
jakemalizia

Post by jakemalizia »

Not to sweep in too much like a vulture, but can I take the section if it's now orphaned?
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

erieston wrote: November 14th, 2021, 12:54 pmI am so sorry but I am going to have to request to be taken off of my spots for this project. As much as I love it, my life is a little crazy currently and I need to take some time to get it straightened so that means stepping away from Librivox for the time being.
thank you for letting me know, Erin. And I hope your "crazy life" sorts itself out positively soon. Best of luck for you. And no problem relinquishing a claim again, this is totally understandable under the circumstances.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jakemalizia wrote: November 15th, 2021, 3:13 amNot to sweep in too much like a vulture, but can I take the section if it's now orphaned?
:lol: I have this vivid picture in my mind now of you swooping down...

Thank you so much, Jake and welcome to your debut in the Black Cat !!! I hope you will enjoy your section. I'm sure I will. :)

So we stay fully claimed. :9:

Sonia
NarratorJ

Post by NarratorJ »

feedback / constructive criticism appreciated
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you so much, J, and oh ! this story moved me to tears at the end :cry: I was hoping for a happy-ending as I suspected that the convict would try to save the young woman. Wonderfully narrated again, and perfectly PL ok. And you really did a great job in voicing M'Goulighan's dialect :shock: :thumbs:

Thanks

Sonia
NarratorJ

Post by NarratorJ »

Thank you.
It was definitely an interesting experience attempting to voice the dialect, I was hoping not to butcher it... :D
feedback / constructive criticism appreciated