--Kurt
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Thank you!
I've posted these Ready for PL and assigned you 3-5
~ Larry
LittleBirdKing

Post by LittleBirdKing »

I've got the go ahead for my 1-minute test! Below is a link to it.
search.php?author_id=132053&sr=posts

I would like to record Diamond Cut Diamond. Thank you in advance :)
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

LittleBirdKing wrote: October 6th, 2021, 6:07 am
I would be glad to have you!
I just need to know how you would like to be listed in the LibriVox catalog -- real name, pseudonym, or any nickname you wish. This is how you will be credited for all of your LV work.

Tip: It is always good to claim by Section Number from the MW -- makes it easier and clearer. :wink:

All the best,
~ Larry
Mozartjr

Post by Mozartjr »

LittleBirdKing

Post by LittleBirdKing »

silverquill wrote: October 6th, 2021, 7:29 am
I would be glad to have you!
I just need to know how you would like to be listed in the LibriVox catalog -- real name, pseudonym, or any nickname you wish. This is how you will be credited for all of your LV work.

Tip: It is always good to claim by Section Number from the MW -- makes it easier and clearer. :wink:

All the best,
Credit as my username - LittleBirdKing will be fine. I will definitely claim by section number from now on :) Thanks for the warm welcome and tip!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Great!

I've added you to the LibriVox catalog as LittleBirdKing and assigned you Section 12.
Just click on your name in the Magic Window to view your personal catalog page.
This is where you can track all of your LV projects, of which I hope there will be many

WELCOME TO LIBRIVOX! :clap:
~ Larry
tmilliken

Post by tmilliken »

I would like to claim chapter 14, Kenton's Story.
--
Tom Milliken
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

tmilliken wrote: October 8th, 2021, 7:49 am I would like to claim chapter 14, Kenton's Story.
Thanks, Tom!
I've put you in for this chapter.
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

~ Larry
AnthonyM

Post by AnthonyM »

Hey all,

Nearly done Chapter one - sorry it's taking so long, but I'm a bit of a noob... Just about ready for the final read through.

Any advice about the pop filter? I have one, but I swear, my lips sound like a snapple cap every 3rd sentence! I think I got most of them out, because I'm getting pretty good with the mouse/hotkeys in audacity... but man, if I could get that to not pick up, I'd be super happy with it.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

AnthonyM wrote: October 8th, 2021, 5:56 pm Hey all,

Nearly done Chapter one - sorry it's taking so long, but I'm a bit of a noob... Just about ready for the final read through.

Any advice about the pop filter? I have one, but I swear, my lips sound like a snapple cap every 3rd sentence! I think I got most of them out, because I'm getting pretty good with the mouse/hotkeys in audacity... but man, if I could get that to not pick up, I'd be super happy with it.
Good to hear from you!
You're just fine on time, so no worries there.

I pip filter won't help with smacks and crackles.
It is design to catch that puff of air from hitting the microphone on the plosive sounds such as "p" "f" "th" etc.
I use one, but probably don't need it because I don't have the mic that close, although maybe I should. I don't know if there is any post production filter to help remove the smacks.

You can reduce them in the beginning somewhat. Keep your mouth well hydrated, for one. Then, it is just learning to read without them. That takes practice, and some of us will always find it a challenge. I will edit out the worst of them from my recordings. But, realize that some natural breath sounds, etc. are to be expected, and clipping everything out gives an unnatural sound to the recording.

If you want to send along some of your raw recording, we can take a listen and maybe come up with some suggestions.

Let see if someone else on this forum has some suggestions for you.
~ Larry
Mozartjr

Post by Mozartjr »

tmilliken

Post by tmilliken »

silverquill wrote: October 8th, 2021, 7:11 pm
AnthonyM wrote: October 8th, 2021, 5:56 pm Hey all,

Good to hear from you!
You're just fine on time, so no worries there.

I pip filter won't help with smacks and crackles.
It is design to catch that puff of air from hitting the microphone on the plosive sounds such as "p" "f" "th" etc.
I use one, but probably don't need it because I don't have the mic that close, although maybe I should. I don't know if there is any post production filter to help remove the smacks.

You can reduce them in the beginning somewhat. Keep your mouth well hydrated, for one. Then, it is just learning to read without them. That takes practice, and some of us will always find it a challenge. I will edit out the worst of them from my recordings. But, realize that some natural breath sounds, etc. are to be expected, and clipping everything out gives an unnatural sound to the recording.

If you want to send along some of your raw recording, we can take a listen and maybe come up with some suggestions.

Let see if someone else on this forum has some suggestions for you.
Audacity does have a click removal tool that you could experiment with. I have not tried. I use a piece of software from IZotope called RX 8 elements which does noise reduction, de-click, de-ess, normalize and a few other things. It does come on sale occasionally and I paid $19 for it. It is a nice piece of software. If you do use Audacity, you need to export the audio and then open the file in RX. It does work as a plugin in some other DAWs, but not Audacity.
--
Tom Milliken