[COMPLETE] The Blue Poetry Book- icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
erieston

Post by erieston »

Ciufi wrote: September 18th, 2021, 3:57 pm Okay, here it is with the full names. 16:21. I am perplexed as to why it should be shorter, rather than longer, than the first, but I did give it a check-over, so maybe I had the time wrong on the first.

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/bluepoetry_1st_pink_128kb.mp3
I have to say I LOVE your voice!! This was so fun to listen to! I have just a few notes :)

- At ~10:33 on the recording (during "John Gilpin") I heard "...did fly, the streamer long and gay" instead of "...did fly, like streamer long and gay"

- I also did noticed that there was no recording for "The Outlaw" by Sir Walter Scott (last pink section for 1st script) included in this upload. Did that perhaps end up omitted by accident?

other than those few notes, the rest was great! :D
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

:shock: Holy cow! I did not even notice that poem (The Outlaw)! I will add it in today along with the other fix. Thanks!
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Here it is, with that one line fixed and the final poem added. Cannot even imagine how I missed an entire pink poem.

(18:48)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

(I'm just chuckling, because I could do that so very easily right now! My brain is all over the place these days.)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

OK. Scott had to work late, so I did my last poem for the first green file, loaded for our DPL. :)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
erieston

Post by erieston »

Ciufi wrote: September 21st, 2021, 3:24 pm Here it is, with that one line fixed and the final poem added. Cannot even imagine how I missed an entire pink poem.

(18:48)
No problem! I can't count the times I've missed a line or a paragraph and had to add it in :lol:
It is PL OK now! :thumbs: I did notice at the end of "John Gilpin" you said "W. Cowper" instead of "William Cowper", but I don't think that is a huge issue unless you just really want to change it.
erieston

Post by erieston »

LCaulkins wrote: September 21st, 2021, 6:20 pm OK. Scott had to work late, so I did my last poem for the first green file, loaded for our DPL. :)
The 1st script for green is PL OK! :thumbs:
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thanks!

Ciufi, I've moved the files down to the editing section, but that won't affect anything if you want to punch in William's name.
~Lynette * -
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Re:
It is PL OK now! :thumbs: I did notice at the end of "John Gilpin" you said "W. Cowper" instead of "William Cowper", but I don't think that is a huge issue unless you just really want to change it.

Yes, I would prefer to change it. Thanks! Will get to it tomorrow ( Thursday).

Meanwhile, I have a question for anyone who knows the answer. One of my section 2 poems is My Luve is Like a Red, Red Rose. It says it is by Anonymous, but it is by Robert Burns. Should I read it as Anonymous? :help:
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

oh! That's a question for Ann - above my pay grade :lol:
~Lynette * -
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Oh no, the pay grade question! :lol:

You have to go with what the book says. If the book has that poem listed as being written by Anonymous, then that is what we go with. Is it an obvious mistake, i.e. the table of contents says Anonymous, but that the poem it says Robert Burns? If that is the case, then yes you can fix the mistake. It could be that, at the time that this book was put together, it may not have been known that Robert Burns wrote the poem, maybe.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Thanks. It is listed as Anonymous in the TOC as well, so Anonymous it is!
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Okay, let's see if third time's a charm :oops: . The full name William Cowper is at 16:17. The total length is now 18:50.

erieston

Post by erieston »

Ciufi wrote: September 23rd, 2021, 10:39 am Okay, let's see if third time's a charm :oops: . The full name William Cowper is at 16:17. The total length is now 18:50.

Just listened and it is awesome! Just makes me even more excited to hear the completed project :clap:
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Yeah, it's turning into a fun project! I am enjoying reading these poems far more than I anticipated.
~Lynette * -