[COMPLETE] The Blue Poetry Book- icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Okay, here's my pink section of part 2 (10:02):

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/bluepoetry_2nd_pink_128_kb.mp3

Geez, though. Between grappling with pronouncing all these Scottish poems and reading about corbies picking at banes and bonny blue e'en, and leaving the dead uninterred to go to war, and pondering lines such as "Short lived as we are, our pleasures, I see/Have a still shorter date, and die sooner than we" I think I need a drink or something. :roll:
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Ciufi wrote: September 25th, 2021, 12:04 pm Okay, here's my pink section of part 2 (10:02):

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/bluepoetry_2nd_pink_128_kb.mp3

Geez, though. Between grappling with pronouncing all these Scottish poems and reading about corbies picking at banes and bonny blue e'en, and leaving the dead uninterred to go to war, and pondering lines such as "Short lived as we are, our pleasures, I see/Have a still shorter date, and die sooner than we" I think I need a drink or something. :roll:
LOL!! My poem for today was a morbid one, too, to be followed tomorrow by Shakespeare's Full Fathom Five, with your dad rotting down in the sea. :lol:

Oh, boy - and, yeah - it was challenging to get my tongue around the Scottish one!
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Green's 2nd set is up.

I'm glad that essay of yours sparked this interest in The Blue Poetry Book, Ciufi. I didn't realize I like poetry so much. It's quite nice recording one a day!
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Here is Pink section 3 (15:14 - but do you need the time on these?):

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/bluepoetry_3rd_pink_128kb.mp3

I have to say, this project is really fun. As someone who reads history almost exclusively, this is a nice reminder of my poetry-loving English teacher past!
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Ciufi wrote: October 1st, 2021, 12:14 pm Here is Pink section 3 (15:14 - but do you need the time on these?):

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/bluepoetry_3rd_pink_128kb.mp3

I have to say, this project is really fun. As someone who reads history almost exclusively, this is a nice reminder of my poetry-loving English teacher past!
Thanks! It's loaded for Erieston. :)

I do actually note the times on these. Although it's not necessary in terms of the final book sections' time stamps, it helps keep verify versions if edits are made for PL Notes, etc.
~Lynette * -
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Welcome back, Lynette! And may I say, that grandbaby of yours is adorable, and has an exceptionally alert and perceptive look on his little face. Mare thinks so, too.

Here is section 4, pink (13:44):

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/bluepoetry_4th_pink_128kp.mp3

Look, if you want to have somebody redo that "Auld Robin Gray"poem, my feelings won't be hurt. I know my reading of Scottish poetry is dorky, hard as I try to do it right. I LOVE The Fire of the Drift-Wood by Longfellow, and I was not familiar with it before now.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thanks so much, you guys. :) I rather think he is, too!! It just kills me that he's so very far away - but I also really don't want to live in Florida again. It's great for a visit, but that climate is brutal to live in. Been there, done that. :lol:

Got this loaded. Not sure where our DPL is, but we're not in a rush, so I'll let things sit while I'm hyper-focused on Bat and a couple other things.
~Lynette * -
erieston

Post by erieston »

LCaulkins wrote: October 16th, 2021, 7:37 pm Thanks so much, you guys. :) I rather think he is, too!! It just kills me that he's so very far away - but I also really don't want to live in Florida again. It's great for a visit, but that climate is brutal to live in. Been there, done that. :lol:

Got this loaded. Not sure where our DPL is, but we're not in a rush, so I'll let things sit while I'm hyper-focused on Bat and a couple other things.
Hi! Sorry sorry for the wait; earlier this month I found myself on the wrong end of a distracted driver :lol: but I'm fine now and I should have these PL'd within the next day or so :9:
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

erieston wrote: October 21st, 2021, 2:18 pm
LCaulkins wrote: October 16th, 2021, 7:37 pm Thanks so much, you guys. :) I rather think he is, too!! It just kills me that he's so very far away - but I also really don't want to live in Florida again. It's great for a visit, but that climate is brutal to live in. Been there, done that. :lol:

Hi! Sorry sorry for the wait; earlier this month I found myself on the wrong end of a distracted driver :lol: but I'm fine now and I should have these PL'd within the next day or so :9:
Oh my gosh! That's awful. So sorry for that happening to you! Glad you're doing OK now.
~Lynette * -
erieston

Post by erieston »

LCaulkins wrote: October 21st, 2021, 2:31 pm
erieston wrote: October 21st, 2021, 2:18 pm

Oh my gosh! That's awful. So sorry for that happening to you! Glad you're doing OK now.
Luckily everyone came out okay with mostly minor injuries :9: the driver was a teenager so I just hope they learned to not text and drive!
JVoxMachina

Post by JVoxMachina »

*Phew*

So sorry this has taken me so long! Life happened. :shock: In any case, here's my 1st script. I think I got it right but, of course, if there's anything off I'm happy to fix it.

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/bluepoetry_1st_blue_128kb.mp3

Duration: 10:57

Thanks for your patience!
- J.T.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

JVoxMachina wrote: October 27th, 2021, 10:27 pm *Phew*

So sorry this has taken me so long! Life happened. :shock: In any case, here's my 1st script. I think I got it right but, of course, if there's anything off I'm happy to fix it.

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/bluepoetry_1st_blue_128kb.mp3

Duration: 10:57

Thanks for your patience!
Thanks, J.T.!

You know what - no worries. :) Believe me, I get it.
~Lynette * -
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Am I only supposed to read certain sections of The Rime of the Ancient Mariner? I remember seeing at some point that I was, but I can’t find it now.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Holy cow, that is one LOOOOOONG poem, isn't it?

I went and looked at it again. In Part VI, the "First Voice" and "Second Voice" designations were made in the book, not by me - which is what prompted my comment that it may be nice to pull in two others to read those. But . . . Does the poem already have shifts between speakers in the prior sections? If so, do you think it's more congruous for Part VI to also be read by you?

You have a nice feel and sense of things, so I would say, why don't you dive into it, and when you get to that Part VI, decide on what feels best to you for the overall poem - For you to read it, or for us to find a couple of "guest readers."
~Lynette * -
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Okey dokey. In the meantime, how about if I just read it all, and we can always take some out in that one part and patch in other voices. That way we are covered in any case.