[COMPLETE] Gloves, Past and Present, by Willard Smith - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

gatesca wrote: September 8th, 2021, 11:49 am Thank you Ann. Being brand new, I'm not sure what else I need to do in order to secure the OK, but will find out. For the credits in the catalog page, please use "Chad Gates".
I have your name on your catalog page! Here it is! https://librivox.org/reader/16654 And, it looks like you have gotten your OK, so you are ready to record! Have fun!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Chapter 3 is PL OK!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
mattm

Post by mattm »

Chapter 1 uploaded.
13:22
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/gloves_01_smith_128kb.mp3

I hope my reading style is appropriate. I've uploaded a few sections on another project but haven't had anything PLed yet, so I'm still quite clueless.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

mattm wrote: September 9th, 2021, 10:58 pm Chapter 1 uploaded.
13:22
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/gloves_01_smith_128kb.mp3

I hope my reading style is appropriate. I've uploaded a few sections on another project but haven't had anything PLed yet, so I'm still quite clueless.
I'm sure it will be fine! Thank you!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Chapter 1 is PL OK, and beautifully read!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
gatesca

Post by gatesca »

Question about pronunciation for non-english words. In one of my sections (Chapter 3), there are several French words, both proper names (like rivers and people) as well as pure french language words (such as marchands, rues, tres-cloitre, etc.). While I've been defaulting to a French pronunciation, in many cases there is also an English pronunciation. What is the guideline for pronouncing these?
TYIA!

Chad
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

gatesca wrote: September 20th, 2021, 6:09 pm Question about pronunciation for non-english words. In one of my sections (Chapter 3), there are several French words, both proper names (like rivers and people) as well as pure french language words (such as marchands, rues, tres-cloitre, etc.). While I've been defaulting to a French pronunciation, in many cases there is also an English pronunciation. What is the guideline for pronouncing these?
TYIA!

Chad
I think consistency is the more important thing. If you have been using French pronunciations, you can stick to that. I am not one who has made people use the "proper" pronunciation of any words because "proper" pronunciation is all relative. Basically, it comes down to what you are comfortable with doing.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Frylancer

Post by Frylancer »

I propose to knock out Section 6: Gloves in Many Marts.

I read it through, and will attempt to transport the listener to the author's love-making of the glove-making. I read it while actually wearing gloves, and although they were just cheap rubber dish gloves, it left me with a deeper appreciation of the author's passion for the subject.
gatesca

Post by gatesca »

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Frylancer wrote: September 21st, 2021, 2:42 pm I propose to knock out Section 6: Gloves in Many Marts.

I read it through, and will attempt to transport the listener to the author's love-making of the glove-making. I read it while actually wearing gloves, and although they were just cheap rubber dish gloves, it left me with a deeper appreciation of the author's passion for the subject.

Welcome to LibriVox!

I have you down for section 6, thank you! Just make sure to do your one minute test before you start recording, even if you are wearing gloves. We want to make sure your settings are where we need them do be, and I don't want to disappoint our audience, depriving them of your gloved performance! What name would you like credited on your catalog page?
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

gatesca wrote: September 21st, 2021, 6:16 pm Section 4 uploaded, 20 min 31 sec:
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/gloves_04_smith_128kb.mp3

Thanks Chad!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
jenno

Post by jenno »

could i please claim sections 7 and 8

Jennifer
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Chapter 4 needs one edit, then it will be perfect!

At 8:45-9:04, there is a, um, well, something that you missed that needs to be edited out.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
gatesca

Post by gatesca »

Oh dear. That's embarrassing. It's like having your "inside voice" broadcast for everyone to hear!

Uploaded a re-edited version, here is the link: https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/gloves_04_smith_128kb.mp3
Duration: 19:41

Thanks,
Chad
Roselbex

Post by Roselbex »

May I claim Section 7 and 8, thank you