COMPLETE: Billy Whiskers' Travels, by Frances Trego Montgomery -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
TommyMer

Post by TommyMer »

Chap 13, with corrections:https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/billywhiskerstravels_13_montgomery_128kb.mp3

New Time: 6:43.41

Thanks!

And, BTW, the only fairly consistent way I've found to get to the first page -- on which Magic Window is displayed -- is to delete cookies, start over, and 9 out ten times I make it. Puzzling.
loon

Post by loon »

TommyMer wrote: September 12th, 2021, 3:04 pm And, BTW, the only fairly consistent way I've found to get to the first page -- on which Magic Window is displayed -- is to delete cookies, start over, and 9 out ten times I make it. Puzzling.
I can see how that would be frustrating. Are there any admins around who might want to look into this?

(I'm heading out to an (outdoor) gathering, so I'll prooflisten later tonight.)
Rich Brown - Minneapolis, MN
loon

Post by loon »

TommyMer wrote: September 12th, 2021, 3:04 pm Chap 13, with corrections:https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/billywhiskerstravels_13_montgomery_128kb.mp3

New Time: 6:43.41
Perfect, thank you Tom!

Chapter 13 - A Happy Reunion - PL OK.

The book ends on a happy note, but I know Billy has more troubled times I haven't listened to yet.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

TommyMer wrote: September 12th, 2021, 3:04 pm
And, BTW, the only fairly consistent way I've found to get to the first page -- on which Magic Window is displayed -- is to delete cookies, start over, and 9 out ten times I make it. Puzzling.
You should be able to access the front page directly from: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=88839

Sometimes the MW will load a little slower than the rest of the page, and I did hear on another project that there have been some issue with it today.

Your might try a different browser. I usually use Edge, but if I need to copy something from the MW, only Firefox seems to do it properly. Lately I've been giving Brave a try. Seems to be quite speedy.

So glad I held off on clearing your claims and that you persisted. :thumbs:
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

TommyMer wrote: September 12th, 2021, 3:04 pm
Not sure why you are having issues with this, but here are three ways to find the projects you are reading for -

1. Go to your catalog page at https://librivox.org/reader/7997

Click on the link for Reader Section Details below your username you will find a summary table showing the status of all the sections that you have signed up to read in open projects.  Click on any of the thread titles in this list to navigate to the first page of the thread on the forum. You can bookmark this page in your browser so you can go directly.

2. To keep track of a specific thread, you can also bookmark it in the forum software.  Click on the down arrow alongside the little wrench icon which is next to the Post Reply at the top post of the thread, and then choose 'bookmark topic.'  To access your bookmarks, use the down arrow next to your username at the top right in the header under the search box, and click User Control Panel.  On the next screen select manage bookmarks. Then just click on any book mark to navigate to the first post of the thread. (Hint: You can bookmark this page of forum bookmarks in your browser for easier access.) When you no longer need a specific thread bookmark, check the box in the column titled MARK, then scroll to the bottom and click the 'Remove marked bookmarks' button. You can also remove a single thread from your forum bookmarks the same way you set the bookmark above.  In the dropdown next to the wrench icon for a bookmarked topic, select remove from bookmarks.

3. Once you are on the page of the thread you are looking for you can also just add it as a bookmark in whatever browser you are using, and then use that bookmark to return to it as needed.

Hope this helps.
Jo
TommyMer

Post by TommyMer »

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I feel much better. Happy Monday! Tom :D
JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

Jim in Ohio

I will be away from the studio from April 21st through April 28th.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

Here is chapter 4 with some bumping but not much butting.

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/billywhiskerstravels_04_montgomery_128kb.mp3
24:20

Thanks,

M
loon

Post by loon »

Jim -
Chapter 2 - He Loses His Mother - PL OK.

Being threatened with being cooked and eaten is big trouble indeed.
JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

loon wrote: September 13th, 2021, 2:36 pm Jim -
Chapter 2 - He Loses His Mother - PL OK.

Being threatened with being cooked and eaten is big trouble indeed.
The shenanigans continue in chapter three when the cook grabs a shotgun.
Jim in Ohio

loon

Post by loon »

I got sidetracked in a board game - which I lost - back soon.
loon

Post by loon »

A missed edit: at ~2:40, I hear, " I'm going to drive in to Kasedorf - I'm going to drive in to Kasedorf"

I now know what Calsomine is - whitewash! (only green in this case.) Is the shotgun even loaded? Fortunately, chapter 4 is already in the queue and I'll find out next.

The chapter is See PL notes for now.
JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

loon wrote: September 13th, 2021, 6:06 pm
A missed edit: at ~2:40, I hear, " I'm going to drive in to Kasedorf - I'm going to drive in to Kasedorf"

I now know what Calsomine is - whitewash! (only green in this case.) Is the shotgun even loaded? Fortunately, chapter 4 is already in the queue and I'll find out next.

The chapter is See PL notes for now.
I hate it when that happens! :oops:

Thanks for the feedback - here is the corrected file: https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/billywhiskerstravels_03_montgomery_128kb.mp3 [19:37]
Jim in Ohio

loon

Post by loon »

mleigh wrote: September 13th, 2021, 11:42 am Here is chapter 4 with some bumping but not much butting.

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/billywhiskerstravels_04_montgomery_128kb.mp3
24:20

Thanks,

M
There's a missed edit in this chapter as well. At ~17:49, I hear, "He tried to butt the doors down but they were of solid, heavy oak" twice. You repeated the line because someone in the background slammed a door - how appropriate.

It's almost hard to believe Billy can cause so much trouble everywhere he goes. LOL.

The chapter is See PL Notes for now.
loon

Post by loon »

JHedrick wrote: September 13th, 2021, 6:33 pm I hate it when that happens! :oops:

Thanks for the feedback - here is the corrected file: https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/billywhiskerstravels_03_montgomery_128kb.mp3 [19:37]
Well that was rapid turnaround. Chapter 3 - Billy Sees His Mother Again - Spot PL OK. Thanks for the fix.