COMPLETE: Forty Thousand Miles Over Land and Water by Ethyl G. Vincent -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Roselbex wrote: October 3rd, 2021, 4:45 pm J have uploaded Section 35, Ch 17, Part 2 Length 24:23
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/fortythousandmiles_35_vincent_128kb.mp3
Thanks again. Section 35 link added to MW.
Jo
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Antipode wrote: October 3rd, 2021, 12:46 am Hi , here's section 32 and 33 for PL

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/fortythousandmiles_32_vincent_128kb.mp3

Duration: 18:30 min

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/fortythousandmiles_33_vincent_128kb.mp3

Duration: 18:32 min

Cheers
Hello, Christoph :) Welcome to LibriVox! Hope to keep seeing you around.

Your sections are beautifully recorded.

Section 33 is PL OK :thumbs:

On Section 32, starting at 15:57, the volume jumps significantly until the end. As it's a little, could you please highlight that portion of the track (zoom in until you can see the half-second tick marks), and use a negative number in the Amplify effect to lower the volume of that portion? A -5 should do nicely.

Also, can you change the ending for this section? Instead of "End of section 1 chapter 16," can we get "End of Chapter 16, part 1"? That will be consistent with the other sections and will not confuse the listeners. 8-)

Thank you so much. I know it's often confusing what we should use for the intro or ending of a project's sections.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
Antipode

Post by Antipode »

LCaulkins wrote: October 4th, 2021, 9:33 am
On Section 32, starting at 15:57, the volume jumps significantly until the end. As it's a little, could you please highlight that portion of the track (zoom in until you can see the half-second tick marks), and use a negative number in the Amplify effect to lower the volume of that portion? A -5 should do nicely.
Done, I think it's much better now, thanks for the tip. I had to re-record as I came across a big whoopsie during proof listening. My set-up isn't consistent unfortunately, so the volume varies.
LCaulkins wrote: October 4th, 2021, 9:33 am Also, can you change the ending for this section? Instead of "End of section 1 chapter 16," can we get "End of Chapter 16, part 1"? That will be consistent with the other sections and will not confuse the listeners. 8-)

Thank you so much. I know it's often confusing what we should use for the intro or ending of a project's sections.
Thanks no worries I didn't even think to ask and just assumed it's like the previous recording I did. Assuming is never a good thing. I changed it now.

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/fortythousandmiles_32_vincent_128kb.mp3

Clocks in at 18:31 min.

Let me know if there's anything else to fix. Cheers
Christoph

"... as I am fond of reading even the very scraps of paper in the street ..." Miguel de Cervantes, The History of Don Quixote
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Antipode wrote: October 6th, 2021, 3:11 am
LCaulkins wrote: October 4th, 2021, 9:33 am
Done, I think it's much better now, thanks for the tip. I had to re-record as I came across a big whoopsie during proof listening. My set-up isn't consistent unfortunately, so the volume varies.
LCaulkins wrote: October 4th, 2021, 9:33 am Also, can you change the ending for this section? Instead of "End of section 1 chapter 16," can we get "End of Chapter 16, part 1"? That will be consistent with the other sections and will not confuse the listeners. 8-)

Thanks no worries I didn't even think to ask and just assumed it's like the previous recording I did. Assuming is never a good thing. I changed it now.

Clocks in at 18:31 min.

Let me know if there's anything else to fix. Cheers
Super now :) Section 32 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Roselbex wrote: October 3rd, 2021, 3:13 pm I have uploaded Section 34, Ch 17, Part 1 Length 27:09
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/fortythousandmiles_34_vincent_128kb.mp3
Section 34 is PL OK :thumbs:

Thank you so much! Lovely reading, as always.
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Roselbex wrote: October 3rd, 2021, 4:45 pm J have uploaded Section 35, Ch 17, Part 2 Length 24:23
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/fortythousandmiles_35_vincent_128kb.mp3
And 35 is PL OK :thumbs:

Those two were very difficult sections. You did a good job with the chapter.
~Lynette * -
Roselbex

Post by Roselbex »

May I claim Section 10, Ch 6, Part 2 if that is all right. Maybe you would like it read by the Part 1 narrator?
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Claims are first come, first served. Section 10 is all yours. :)
Jo
Roselbex

Post by Roselbex »

knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

MW updated. Thanks!
Jo
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Just letting everyone know I'm out of state until next Thursday night, so PL'ing may be rather slow until then.
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Roselbex wrote: October 8th, 2021, 2:31 pm I have uploaded Ch 6 Part 2 Length 30:51
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/fortythousandmiles_10_vincent_128kb.mp3
Section 10 is PL OK :thumbs:

My daughter and I toured the Sequoias three years ago. It was really neat to have mental images of many of the specific trees she mentions here.
~Lynette * -
BettyB

Post by BettyB »

knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Thanks Betty.
Jo
rraudales

Post by rraudales »

Chapter II. New York, Hudson River, and Niagara Falls - Proof Listening

Does the intro match the one specified in the first post of the project thread (below the Magic Window)?
Yes

Did you need to turn your volume up unusually high to listen to the recording? Perfect volumue for a listener
Does the ending match the one specified in the first post of the project thread? Yes
Are there 5 seconds of silence at the end of the file? Would add a 5-second pause at the end

Additional comments:

at 2:30 in the recording for "interview" - emphasis on the quaiton marks to differentiation from the rest of the text would be helpful

Overall great audio! :clap: