Complete-{RECIPES] The New York Cake Book, by Anonymous-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Off to readers found. That was quick!
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
DariaAM

Post by DariaAM »

These are perfect - thanks!
Sections 4, 5, and 6 are officially PL OK. :thumbs:
Daria

Readers wanted:
The Robber’s Cave
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Here is Section 1

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/newyorkcakebook_01_anonymous_128kb.mp3 3:47

Note: I intentionally used the longer title at the beginning.
~ Larry
DariaAM

Post by DariaAM »

silverquill wrote: August 5th, 2021, 8:40 am Here is Section 1

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/newyorkcakebook_01_anonymous_128kb.mp3 3:47

:?: Before I mark it as PL OK, I have a minor confusion to clarify. When you read the disclaimer, I believe you left out the Section Title (Part 1).
Was this done purposely and do you mean for the section title to be "General Directions for Making Cake"? I always thought that section titles to be read are written in the MW. (Betty also made this "mistake" and I told her to add her part #s.)
Daria

Readers wanted:
The Robber’s Cave
Trutter00

Post by Trutter00 »

silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Ready for PL
Thank you!
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

DariaAM wrote: August 8th, 2021, 3:25 am

:?: Before I mark it as PL OK, I have a minor confusion to clarify. When you read the disclaimer, I believe you left out the Section Title (Part 1).
Was this done purposely and do you mean for the section title to be "General Directions for Making Cake"? I always thought that section titles to be read are written in the MW. (Betty also made this "mistake" and I told her to add her part #s.)
Okay, let me clear up the confusion. Here is the prescribed intro:

"Section # of The New York Cake Book. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "The New York Cake Book, by Anonymous. Section Title."

So, the "Section #" is read at the beginning, and at the end just the "Section Title" NOT the section number again. Otherwise it would say something like, "Section Title, Section #" or "Section Title and #."

The way I have it is the standard template for most projects. Just occasionally I will see something different, which is always at the discretion of the BC, and so some particular book may require a slightly different format for the intro.
~ Larry
DariaAM

Post by DariaAM »

Okay, let me clear up the confusion. Here is the prescribed intro:

"Section # of The New York Cake Book. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "The New York Cake Book, by Anonymous. Section Title."

So, the "Section #" is read at the beginning, and at the end just the "Section Title" NOT the section number again. Otherwise it would say something like, "Section Title, Section #" or "Section Title and #."

The way I have it is the standard template for most projects. Just occasionally I will see something different, which is always at the discretion of the BC, and so some particular book may require a slightly different format for the intro.
Thank you for explaining. In that case, I'll mark your section as PL OK! :thumbs:
Daria

Readers wanted:
The Robber’s Cave
DariaAM

Post by DariaAM »

You have done a fantastic job of it, Trish! You just have one small part in your recording to change.

Time @ 9:13-9:18.5 : REPLACE "End of Part Two of The New York Cake Book by Anonymous" with "End of Section Two"
Last edited by DariaAM on August 9th, 2021, 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daria

Readers wanted:
The Robber’s Cave
Trutter00

Post by Trutter00 »

DariaAM wrote: August 9th, 2021, 12:13 am
You have done a fantastic job of it, Trish! You just have one small part in your recording to change.

Time @ 9:13 - 9:18.5 : REPLACE "End of Part Two of The New York Cake Book by Anonymous" with "End of Section Two"
Will do
Trutter00

Post by Trutter00 »

silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Thank you!
Ready for Spot PL

-- what none of us noticed is that the file name is wrong. There is a stray numeral 1 at the end.

I'll make a note of it and our MC can change this when cataloging.
~ Larry
DariaAM

Post by DariaAM »

Thank you! Section 2 is PL OK. :thumbs:
Just keep in mind that the ending doesn't have to include "End of section two of The New York Cake Book by Anonymous". "Section Two" is fine on its own. :wink:
Daria

Readers wanted:
The Robber’s Cave
Trutter00

Post by Trutter00 »