Post by lakshmij »

Thanks Sonia
Regards
Lakshmij
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Hello Sonia,
5 A leaf from the note-book of an old bachelor, by C. F. Hoffman
I put my claim in for this, please let me know if this is mine to read now? Thank you!!
April
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

adr6090 wrote: July 14th, 2021, 7:46 am Hello Sonia,
I put my claim in for this, please let me know if this is mine to read now? Thank you!!
yes absolutely, lovely to have you in another Rover magazine. Did you find the pages easily this time ? The page numbers in the MW refer to the numbers in the actual book pages, NOT the numbers you can see in the scroll bar beneath the book. It may be a bit confusing, I know. If you need a more detailed link, please let me know.

That means we're fully claimed and I move us to Readers Found. And I will prepare the next magazine issue soon...

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

And for those who are interested...here is the next volume...

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=88247

Sonia
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Kitty wrote: July 14th, 2021, 10:17 am
adr6090 wrote: July 14th, 2021, 7:46 am Hello Sonia,
yes absolutely, lovely to have you in another Rover magazine. Did you find the pages easily this time ? The page numbers in the MW refer to the numbers in the actual book pages, NOT the numbers you can see in the scroll bar beneath the book. It may be a bit confusing, I know. If you need a more detailed link, please let me know.

That means we're fully claimed and I move us to Readers Found. And I will prepare the next magazine issue soon...

Sonia
Thank you Sonia! I will now claim a few more sections in the next magazine you have posted.
April
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Section 1 - Miles Standish

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/rover0118_01_various_128kb.mp3

Quite a nice story amusingly told :lol:
At least the father was enlightened enough to allow his daughter a choice in who she married :)

PS: I hope you are not affected by the terrible flooding in your region. I live in an area that floods regularly so I can sympathise with those affected :(
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: July 16th, 2021, 12:15 am Section 1 - Miles Standish
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/rover0118_01_various_128kb.mp3
Quite a nice story amusingly told :lol:
At least the father was enlightened enough to allow his daughter a choice in who she married :)
yes indeed amusing, especially the intro narrative about the editor :lol: although that was bordering on rude in some parts ;) making a bit fun of the poor credulous man.

A perfect narration, thank you Alan, all PL ok ! A great beginning of this issue.
PS: I hope you are not affected by the terrible flooding in your region. I live in an area that floods regularly so I can sympathise with those affected :(
luckily our house is standing in an area that doesn't have a river anywhere nearby. (we chose well before we bought it). But yes, some areas are affected also here in Luxembourg, but from what I hear it's not as catastrophic as in the areas in Germany right across the border :( sad stories reach us from there.

Sonia
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Good morning Sonia,
Seems to me that I have been listening forever to edit my chosen section. :lol: I know have listened completely and know what edits I need to make to the audio. It will be posted within days.
:thumbs:
April
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

adr6090 wrote: July 24th, 2021, 9:14 am Seems to me that I have been listening forever to edit my chosen section. :lol: I know have listened completely and know what edits I need to make to the audio. It will be posted within days.
no worries, April, you have plenty of time still before the deadline and your story was a rather long one. Enjoy your holidays !!!

Sonia
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Kitty wrote: July 24th, 2021, 10:00 am
adr6090 wrote: July 24th, 2021, 9:14 am Seems to me that I have been listening forever to edit my chosen section. :lol: I know have listened completely and know what edits I need to make to the audio. It will be posted within days.
no worries, April, you have plenty of time still before the deadline and your story was a rather long one. Enjoy your holidays !!!

Sonia
Thank you Sonia!!
April
Faithann

Post by Faithann »

Here is section 3:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/rover0118_03_various_128kb.mp3
I had some technical difficulties with my microphone but I think I have fixed everything. Time is 21:44. Thanks!
Faithann
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Faithann wrote: July 27th, 2021, 7:51 amHere is section 3:
I had some technical difficulties with my microphone but I think I have fixed everything. Time is 21:44. Thanks!
:lol: a very funny story and made even more amusing by the wonderful voices you are doing, especially for the womenfolk :thumbs: Ah poor Miss Jerusha, but it was predictable what would be the outcome ;) I think the whole story is in the style of Charles Dickens.

Lovely reading, and nearly word perfect. I only found two spots where you seem to have skipped an entire line, and those sentences need to be completed:

> at 6:13: (p. 278) underlined part missing: he finished his supper with all convenient despatch, rose from the table, put on his great-coat and hat

> at 9:35: (p. 278) underlined part missing: "were being discussed at the tavern. About a dozen of the neighbours had collected there early in the evening, and every one"

thanks Faithann !

Sonia
Faithann

Post by Faithann »

thanks Faithann !

Sonia
[/quote]

Here's new one:
I got a little clip happy in my editing, I guess. :) Both spots should be fixed now. New time is 21:50.Thanks, Sonia!
Faithann
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Faithann wrote: July 28th, 2021, 5:19 amHere's new one:
I got a little clip happy in my editing, I guess. :)
:lol: "clip-happy" sounds fun ! They were perfectly re-inserted :thumbs: excellent job, thank you, now PL ok.

See you in Rover 20 8-)

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Here is Section 4. It is the first since forever.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/rover0118_04_various_128kb.mp3

11:04

Jim :D