COMPLETE [ANTHOLOGY] Library of the World's Best Literature, Ancient and Modern, volume 13 - Leni

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

AaronZ wrote: October 16th, 2021, 8:34 pm I'd like to claim section 14: Kors Davie by Georges Eekhoud.

This is my first recording. I would like "Aaron Zimmerman" to appear in the LibriVox catalogue for my credit.

Thanks.
Hello, Aaron, and welcome to Librivox! I se you already have your one-minute test OKed, so you are ready to record! Thanks for claiming!
Leni
=================
ADKreader1122

Post by ADKreader1122 »

Hi Czandra,
PL Okay for section #13-well done! :D

Thank you,
Lora
AaronZ

Post by AaronZ »

I would like to respectfully rescind my assigned section (section 14), reopening it for someone else to record it. I've already completed my recording, but I've made many recording and production errors, since I'm new to Audacity, LibriVox, and audio production in general. I've learned A LOT, so I'll do better next time. I will be cleaning up keyboard tapping at record and stop times, recording more in the middle of the day (mourning voice stands out a lot in these recordings), and have a stronger preference for recording from start to finish rather than jumping around.

I actually have recorded over 100 hours of audio for my personal listening. It's just one take per chapter type of recordings though, where I just leave in errors and repeat sentences where needed. I also have very little experience with the acting side of narrating. Recording contents for the first time is the funnest, so I think someone else would have more fun with this section than me rerecording it. Also it's good enough for my personal listening, I just might be embarrassed if it were in the LibriVox catalog.

I'm still hoping to do recordings for LibriVox, so I would be curious to know if this is a tolerable action to take, and remain in good esteem with LibriVox. Like maybe if I just dropped it and let my deadline pass, that might be the deplorable thing to do. I am receptive to any advice.
I post video text versions with me reading live in the video at https://www.youtube.com/@AaronCZim
Of course, I also link back to the specific LibriVox.org pages to build momentum.
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Hello, Aaron

Yes, absolutely! Thank you for letting us know, I will open your section, and hope you read for us in the future!
Leni
=================
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

As more than 2 months have passed since the claims, sections 15 and 22 are open again.
Leni
=================
yourbookvoice

Post by yourbookvoice »

Leni wrote: November 18th, 2021, 7:36 pm As more than 2 months have passed since the claims, sections 15 and 22 are open again.
Leni, I apologize for not keeping better tabs on my deadlines, it was not my oversight for not communicating that I would need an extension in order to properly complete these two sections. I would like to reclaim both sections 15 and 22, asking for an extension on recording them.

Kind regards,
Kerry Adams
Your Book Voice
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Hello, Kerry

Sure, I am reassigning them. If you could please submit them within a month, I'd appreciate it. I am claiming the last section myself, so I can finalize this book. Thanks!
Leni
=================
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Section 29, which had been claimed July 19, then confirmed Sept 22, is now open again.
Leni
=================
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

I would love to do 29: George Eliot
calbrummie

Post by calbrummie »

Hi Leni:
I was previously approved to record section 29. However, I failed to submit on time (after an extension), so you re-opened the section. I've finally finished it and attached it here. If you prefer to use someone else, I fully understand. I sincerely apologize for creating extra work for you. :oops:

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/worldsbestliterature13_29_various_128kb.mp3
ADKreader1122

Post by ADKreader1122 »

Hi Leni,
I am out of town until Tuesday, so I'll resume PL duties when I can. Hope that's okay. Lora
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

ADKreader1122 wrote: November 28th, 2021, 3:48 pm Hi Leni,
I am out of town until Tuesday, so I'll resume PL duties when I can. Hope that's okay. Lora
It's ok, Lora, no problems! Have a safe trip!
Leni
=================
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

RitaBoutros wrote: November 26th, 2021, 5:57 pm I would love to do 29: George Eliot
Thanks, Rita, section assigned!
Leni
=================
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

calbrummie wrote: November 28th, 2021, 3:39 pm Hi Leni:
I was previously approved to record section 29. However, I failed to submit on time (after an extension), so you re-opened the section. I've finally finished it and attached it here. If you prefer to use someone else, I fully understand. I sincerely apologize for creating extra work for you. :oops:

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/worldsbestliterature13_29_various_128kb.mp3
Hello, calbrummie. Indeed, it was your claimed that I orphaned on Friday, Nov 26. And as you can see in the thread it was claimed by another reader on the same Friday 26th, two days before you came back. The section had been saved for you since July 22nd, so, it was really long due. Since the other reader claimed it before, and because we work here on a first come, first served basis, she has the right to the claim. Thank you for understanding.
Leni
=================
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

Leni, since I haven't yet recorded this section on George Eliot, please go ahead and give it back to the previous reader. I'm ok with that.