COMPLETE: How To Have Bird Neighbors, by S. Louise Patteson -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
docdlmartin

Post by docdlmartin »

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/birdneighbors_09_patteson_128kb.mp3

Wayne: Here's the revised version that you requested. diane
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

docdlmartin wrote: September 6th, 2021, 8:07 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/birdneighbors_09_patteson_128kb.mp3
Wayne: Here's the revised version that you requested. diane
Diane,

Section 9 is now PLOK :thumbs:

This chapter was probably the most interesting and entertaining of the bunch so far (with one to go). Well done. You are getting better and better. Thanks for your contributions to this project. I hope to hear more from you in the future. :D

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
docdlmartin

Post by docdlmartin »

"Having a dog named shark at the beach was a mistake!" said Wayne.
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

We had a poodle once that was 3/4 toy and 1/4 teacup. I can relate. :D
Wayne
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

OK very cute. However, we do discourage posting images particularly large size ones on the forum. We try to keep it user friendly for all our users, including folks using screen readers. Next time perhaps just post a link instead? Thanks. :)
Jo
LangeM

Post by LangeM »

Kalamareader wrote: September 3rd, 2021, 11:37 pm
LangeM wrote: September 3rd, 2021, 9:16 pm :D
Greetings,
I'd like to claim Section 6 please, thank you.
Margaret
Margaret,

Welcome to our little bird house, and helping us to finish it up.

Section 6 is all yours. :D

Enjoy!

Wayne
Hi Wayne,
Just wanted to let you know that I have Chapter 6 recorded and will be sending it along as soon as I edit it. :thumbs: Margaret
Peas and Lovage
LangeM

Post by LangeM »

Here is Section 6, The Boy. A delightful story.

Tweet tweet, Margaret

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/birdneighbors_6_patteson_128kb.mp3
Peas and Lovage
LangeM

Post by LangeM »

Oops, section 6 duration is 17:28.

ML
Peas and Lovage
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

LangeM wrote: October 15th, 2021, 10:45 pm Oops, section 6 duration is 17:28.

ML
Thank you. I will update the MW in a bit unless Wayne beats me to it. It is not so easy from my phone. :)

M
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

LangeM wrote: October 15th, 2021, 10:44 pm Here is Section 6, The Boy. A delightful story.

Tweet tweet, Margaret

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/birdneighbors_6_patteson_128kb.mp3
Wow, Margaret, what an amazing job. Your narration was wonderful. This is my first opportunity to PL any of your recordings and am looking forward to more somewhere, sometime.

There are just two minor adjustments. I almost hesitate to bring them up, but these will make your reading perfect.

At the beginning, could you cut the into silence down to .5 to 1 second?

:24 Section six As you introduced the Section number at the beginning, you can delete this small piece.

Again, great job. You are a great addition to the Librivox world. Don't be a stranger.

Wayne

P.S. I also thought your rendition of a sick woman singing was great. :D
Wayne
LangeM

Post by LangeM »

Kalamareader wrote: October 16th, 2021, 12:57 pm
LangeM wrote: October 15th, 2021, 10:44 pm Here is Section 6, The Boy. A delightful story.

Tweet tweet, Margaret

Wow, Margaret, what an amazing job. Your narration was wonderful. This is my first opportunity to PL any of your recordings and am looking forward to more somewhere, sometime.

There are just two minor adjustments. I almost hesitate to bring them up, but these will make your reading perfect.

:24 Section six As you introduced the Section number at the beginning, you can delete this small piece.

Again, great job. You are a great addition to the Librivox world. Don't be a stranger.

Wayne

Hi Wayne,
Thank you so much for your response to my reading. I'm so pleased to hear it.

I love reading for Librivox. Even though I do need to start making some money at this voice over biz, I will still be engaging with LV. There are so many interesting and fun works to read. I'm so glad I was able to contribute to this charming book.

So, about the requested adjustments, no problem, I'm glad to do them. I just want to make sure I understand. Is it the beginning silence should be cut to .5 seconds, and the second mention of "section 6" can be deleted? I can send in a new file within the next few days.

Extra thanks for your kind words about my "sick woman" read/sing. That was tricky.

Margaret
Peas and Lovage
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

LangeM wrote: October 17th, 2021, 8:56 pm
Kalamareader wrote: October 16th, 2021, 12:57 pm

Tweet tweet, Margaret

Wayne

Hi Wayne,
Thank you so much for your response to my reading. I'm so pleased to hear it.

I love reading for Librivox. Even though I do need to start making some money at this voice over biz, I will still be engaging with LV. There are so many interesting and fun works to read. I'm so glad I was able to contribute to this charming book.

So, about the requested adjustments, no problem, I'm glad to do them. I just want to make sure I understand. Is it the beginning silence should be cut to .5 seconds, and the second mention of "section 6" can be deleted? I can send in a new file within the next few days.

Extra thanks for your kind words about my "sick woman" read/sing. That was tricky.

Margaret

Yes, that is right. The beginning silence should be between .5 seconds and one second. At about 24 seconds into the recording you say "section six" again. You should delete that small section.

Wayne
Wayne
LangeM

Post by LangeM »

Hi Wayne,
Here is the adjusted file of Chapter 6.

Thanks for "PL"ing and hope to connect on a future project. Feel free to let me know if there is anything else needed for the file.
Best, Margaret

Peas and Lovage
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

LangeM wrote: October 18th, 2021, 12:46 pm Hi Wayne,

Thanks for "PL"ing and hope to connect on a future project. Feel free to let me know if there is anything else needed for the file.
Best, Margaret

Thank you. :)

And, do you have a new time for the recording?

Thanks,

M
LangeM

Post by LangeM »

mleigh wrote: October 18th, 2021, 12:57 pm
LangeM wrote: October 18th, 2021, 12:46 pm Hi Wayne,

Best, Margaret

Thank you. :)

And, do you have a new time for the recording?

Thanks,

M
Oh, that's right. I must remember to remember that. It is: 17 min. 25 seconds.
Peas and Lovage