[COMPLETE][Magazine][Short Stories]The Rover Vol. 01 No. 16 - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Faithann

Post by Faithann »

Hi!
May I have sections 2 and 14, please? This will be my second recording for LibriVox. I'm listed as Faithann Gibson. Thank you!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Faithann wrote: June 17th, 2021, 9:58 amMay I have sections 2 and 14, please? This will be my second recording for LibriVox. I'm listed as Faithann Gibson. Thank you!
Hello Faithann and welcome to the Rover project. Lovely to hear a new voice in this magazine, already looking forward to it :9: Both sections are assigned to you now. For details on how to say the correct intro/title, please read in the first post of this thread.

Have fun and thank you for your interest.

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Section 9 - Boney

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/rover0116_09_various_128kb.mp3

I am having some difficulty recording at present due to a sore throat and other problems. I have cleaned this up as best I can, I hope it is acceptable :?
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: June 18th, 2021, 1:50 amSection 9 - Boney
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/rover0116_09_various_128kb.mp3
I am having some difficulty recording at present due to a sore throat and other problems. I have cleaned this up as best I can, I hope it is acceptable :?
it's completely acceptable and your voice sounds absolutely good to me. I am sorry though that you feel a strain, so maybe best rest your vocal chords for a few days. I do hear your entire garden bird-chorus :lol: but this is not disturbing. It sounds a bit as if the professor gave his lecture outside in the campus park. :mrgreen:

And wow....if Napoleon had not been asked to assist on that one occasion, the whole history of Europe would have been different. :shock:

Thank you, Alan, totally PL ok

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Kitty wrote: June 18th, 2021, 2:12 am
I do hear your entire garden bird-chorus :lol: but this is not disturbing. It sounds a bit as if the professor gave his lecture outside in the campus park.
Thanks Sonia
I am surprised you hear the birds as I noise cleaned this more than I usually do. I did have a window open but I don't really hear the birds as my hearing is not so good these days :(
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: June 18th, 2021, 3:26 amI am surprised you hear the birds as I noise cleaned this more than I usually do. I did have a window open but I don't really hear the birds as my hearing is not so good these days :(
I hear them more in the beginning, later not so much. If it was in the parts where you speak this is more difficult to clean out.

Doesn't matter: fresh air is absolutely important, and the birds don't disturb your reading, so we keep them in. :thumbs:

Sonia
kathleenx

Post by kathleenx »

Hi Sonia,

Here's Section 1:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/rover0116_01_various_128kb.mp3
01:49

Please note when looking up how to pronounce a couple things in the poem, I realised it was a bit different to how it's been typed in the Rover (for example, "Ovoen" in The Rover as opposed to "Avoca" that I found through Google). The version I googled made more sense, but if you'd like me to re-record sticking to what it says in The Rover, please let me know.

Kathleen
serimaluna

Post by serimaluna »

May I claim Section 15: The Table?

Gaby
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

kathleenx wrote: June 18th, 2021, 7:47 amPlease note when looking up how to pronounce a couple things in the poem, I realised it was a bit different to how it's been typed in the Rover (for example, "Ovoen" in The Rover as opposed to "Avoca" that I found through Google). The version I googled made more sense, but if you'd like me to re-record sticking to what it says in The Rover, please let me know.
we should stick to the text source we use, unless there are obvious typos, which I already encountered many in the Rover magazine :lol: I'll listen to it tomorrow probably, and I'll let you know. Thank you !!!

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

serimaluna wrote: June 18th, 2021, 7:56 amMay I claim Section 15: The Table?
Gaby
Hi Gaby and welcome to the Rover project. Section 15 is reserved for you. Please remember this is the final section of the book, so you also need to include the end of project disclaimer (see first post for details on how to correctly speak the intro and outro and how to name the file).

I thought your name looked familiar, I remember I replied to your welcome post a few years back ! So cool that you are back now.

Have fun ! And thanks for your interest.

Sonia
missingnumber

Post by missingnumber »

I'd like to request section 4- hunter's grave.
i assume the introductory text in question is the bit starting with "brother chandler".
I'm wholly new to recording for librivox, so I'll apologize in advance for breaches of etiquette.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

missingnumber wrote: June 18th, 2021, 2:03 pm I'd like to request section 4- hunter's grave.
i assume the introductory text in question is the bit starting with "brother chandler".
I'm wholly new to recording for librivox, so I'll apologize in advance for breaches of etiquette.
hello and welcome to the forum and to the Rover project.

I see you already passed the technical test, so here is your personal reader page: https://librivox.org/reader/16356 where all your projects will be listed. If you want your reader name to be different from your forum name, let me know and I can still change it.

Section 4 is reserved for you now. Please read through the first post, where you will find all the details for the correct Librivox intro and outro disclaimer and how to name the file. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.

And yes, the intro text is the one right before the title of the story.

And have fun with your first recording. Thank you for your interest :D

Sonia
iBeScotty

Post by iBeScotty »

May i have a go at the wee joke in section 8?
Scotty
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

iBeScotty wrote: June 19th, 2021, 8:21 am May i have a go at the wee joke in section 8?
Scotty
yes, go ahead and thank you for making us fully claimed. I am surprised the joke was the last to go, seeing it is so short :lol: make it extra fun :mrgreen:

moving to Readers found, and I am prepping the next Rover soon !

Sonia
serimaluna

Post by serimaluna »

Thank you!

I think I found The Table, I think it is page 236 or page 316 in the reader. Do I start reading from "The more numerous part of our company, affrighted by the very sound," And end before Two Features of a Rover?

Gaby