[COMPLETE] The Turquoise Story Book: Stories and Legends of Summer and Nature, by Ada M. and Eleanor L. Skinner - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Sections 44 and 15 are PL OK
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

section 90 is PL OK
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
RomaSingh

Post by RomaSingh »

CVCushman99 wrote: October 15th, 2021, 7:01 pm Hello,

May I claim section 72: How the Rose Became Queen?
Enjoy!
DivMS

Post by DivMS »

wib66 wrote: October 15th, 2021, 1:24 pm Section 11 is PL OK
Thanks Michele! :D
Divya
wib66

Post by wib66 »

section 10 is PL OK
Michele
Chinmay

Post by Chinmay »

The Section 27 file has been uploaded and the link is:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/turquoisestorybook_27_skinner_128kb.mp3

The duration of the file: 6:19

The file has been Checker validated.

Request PL OK.
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Chinmay wrote: October 21st, 2021, 3:06 am The Section 27 file has been uploaded and the link is:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/turquoisestorybook_27_skinner_128kb.mp3

The duration of the file: 6:19

The file has been Checker validated.

Request PL OK.
Thank you queued for PL
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Section 27 is PL OK
Michele
nighthawks

Post by nighthawks »

I have had a request to change my intro and outro on Section 13 to Section 15. But if I do this, I will be asigned to a recording that has already been done. Do you wish me to re-record Section 13? if so, will you please let me know what the poem is called so that I can do it. Or do you wish me to be asigned to Section 15 instead of the person who has recorded it? :hmm:
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

nighthawks wrote: October 31st, 2021, 2:34 am I have had a request to change my intro and outro on Section 13 to Section 15. But if I do this, I will be asigned to a recording that has already been done. Do you wish me to re-record Section 13? if so, will you please let me know what the poem is called so that I can do it. Or do you wish me to be asigned to Section 15 instead of the person who has recorded it? :hmm:
You already recorded section 15 (the poem someone else did). The recording you did as 13 is the poem for section 15. So what we're doing to do is have two recordings of section 15, and then we have section 13 still to be recorded.

Unless you are willing to scrap your present recording (the duplicate of 15) and record 13 instead...
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
wib66

Post by wib66 »

TriciaG wrote: October 31st, 2021, 6:07 am
nighthawks wrote: October 31st, 2021, 2:34 am I have had a request to change my intro and outro on Section 13 to Section 15. But if I do this, I will be asigned to a recording that has already been done. Do you wish me to re-record Section 13? if so, will you please let me know what the poem is called so that I can do it. Or do you wish me to be asigned to Section 15 instead of the person who has recorded it? :hmm:
You already recorded section 15 (the poem someone else did). The recording you did as 13 is the poem for section 15. So what we're doing to do is have two recordings of section 15, and then we have section 13 still to be recorded.

Unless you are willing to scrap your present recording (the duplicate of 15) and record 13 instead...
Hi I am sorry if I have missed something here my apologies
Michele
nighthawks

Post by nighthawks »

I will record Section 13, and will send it to you a.s.a.p
nighthawks

Post by nighthawks »

Here is the corrected Section 15, Sorry for the error

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/turquoisestorybook_15b_skinner_128kb.mp3

01:38

:D

I will record Section 13 and send it to you a.s.a.p Could you please tell me what it says
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

This is 13:
A DAY OF SUNSHINE

O gift of God! O perfect day!
Whereon shall no man work, but play;
Whereon it is enough for me,
Not to be doing, but to be.
I hear the wind among the trees
Playing celestial symphonies;
I see the branches downward bent,
Like keys of some great instrument.
And over me unrolls on high
The splendid scenery of the sky,
Where through a sapphire sea the sun
Sails like a golden galleon.

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I've edited the MW to add in the alternate reading of section 15.

Right now it's at the very bottom, because I don't want to confuse whoever reads section 40 with their intro and file name (which if we move up this file, will show as section 41).

So once 40 is in, we can drag and drop the very last section up to between 15 and 16.

I hope this makes sense. :)