Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Chapters 11 and 12 are now PL OK! :thumbs:
Did you find out what caused the distortion? I'm glad you fixed it! :clap:
VoiceOverMom

Post by VoiceOverMom »

Ah, so relieved. :clap: No, don't know what caused the distortion - just used the raw track and remastered it. It sounded okay before exporting, so I just hoped for the best. Thanks so much :thumbs:
WildShimmeringPath

Post by WildShimmeringPath »

HI! Here is chapter 26, working on 27 and 28 shooting for by end of the coming week.
:D

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ideala_26_grand_128kbs.mp3

Time:15:45:32
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

WildShimmeringPath wrote: July 25th, 2021, 4:00 pm HI! Here is chapter 26, working on 27 and 28 shooting for by end of the coming week.
:D

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ideala_26_grand_128kbs.mp3

Time:15:45:32

How wonderful. Thank you.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
Basementwall

Post by Basementwall »

I was so sure I wouldn't be one of those people who sat on an assignment forever! So sorry! I'll get chapter 1 in in the next few days.
Basementwall

Post by Basementwall »

Here's chapter 1: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ideala_01_grand_128kb.mp3

Length: 21:14

3 notes:
  • I'd like to be listed in the catalog as Kyle Stedman, please.
  • I believe there was a typo in the written text, which reads, "Think what your own life would be if day day after day brought you nothing. . . ." I chose not to read that first "day" in the recording, since it's so clearly a mistake. I hope that was okay!
  • At one point in this chapter, Ideala sings a bit of a song based on a Tennyson poem. I chose to sing it myself instead of reading the lines, and I wanted it to be a real melody if possible, as long as it was a melody in the public domain and one composed before the book came out. I feel quite certain I succeeded, but just for the record: the melody is from the sheet music at https://imslp.org/wiki/Songs_and_Poems_by_Tennyson_(Lear%2C_Edward), composed in 1871 and listed at IMSLP (a well-known public domain sheet music site) as being in the public domain. Just in case it's a problem, I also recorded myself simply reading the lines instead of singing them, and I can replace the singing with those if preferred.
Looking forward to hearing the whole book!
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Huge huge thanks. WOuld you like to read more sections from this book?
And feel free to correct typoes.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
Basementwall

Post by Basementwall »

I'm happy to read more, but it might take me a couple weeks. I was going to sign up for another when I submitted this one, but I saw they're all claimed! But if anyone else needs to back out, you can give me one or two more.
WildShimmeringPath

Here is chapter 27. Chapter 28 coming Saturday. I do apologize for my long pause in getting this done. Also maybe I'm overthinking it and I'm not sure if this is the place to ask these questions: Do I have enough expression or too much? I'm new. I'm used to the sound of my voice, think it's ok, but it's strange not hearing how others may be voicing these characters and situations. How is the cohesion from chapter to chapter when the whole thing is done? :hmm: ..... and this was my first attempt at reading French, I don't speak French, I translated it and studied some pronunciations. Hope I didn't miff it up too bad.

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ideala_27_grand_128kbs.mp3

20:56.49
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

THank you both. Wildshimmeringpath, you can always listen to other readings. No problems.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Chapters 1, 26, 27 are PL OK!

Wild shimmering path, some of your questions are subjective, since it can be a matter of taste. I find your reading perfect, and your expression just right for this book. The different reading styles is one of the attractions of group projects :mrgreen:
I also don't speak French, but I can say that your passage sounded very French so that's more than enough! :D
WildShimmeringPath

Here is chapter 28. Thanks so much for encouraging words! I am looking forward to hearing Ideala completed and exploring this Librivox place a lot more. Yes, definitely listening to more recordings helps.

:clap:

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ideala_28_grand_128kbs.mp3

19:42.38
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Chapter 28 is PL OK!
colebndct

Post by colebndct »

Hi everyone!

I'm not sure whether to point this out because I'm not involved in this project. But I did listen to a few chapters and caught a small mistake in Chapter 13 ~00:31: where reader reads "id-ideala". I was wondering if that small mistake is alright? I'm fairly new here so sorry if this post is unnecessary.

p.s. I'm hoping for my 1-minute test to be approved soon as I would love to volunteer for the available chapters.

Colleen
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Hi Colleen! Welcome here!
As the proof-listener, I don't remember this particular point, but if I didn't note it, I probably didn't find it distracting or disruptive enough to mention it. :D

Edited to add: which chapter would you like to sign up for?