COMPLETE: Mauprat by George Sand -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

DanielleDW wrote: May 9th, 2021, 8:11 pm Hello, can I claim section 12, chapter 8?
Sure thing, thank you for claiming!
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
Theginmann

Post by Theginmann »

Hi- here is section 10 (chapter 6 part 3) length - 23:41.53
thanks, Gini

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/mauprat_10_sand_128kb.mp3
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Theginmann wrote: May 10th, 2021, 1:14 pm Hi- here is section 10 (chapter 6 part 3) length - 23:41.53
thanks, Gini

Thank you for section 10 - it sounds great, as usual! I have just two notes:

- At 4:58, "or her waist," you say "or her wrist."
- At 22:47, after "a sort of olive-green cone," the phrase "terminating in a scanty beard; and on the wall could be seen the" is missing before "shadow of a nose."
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
Theginmann

Post by Theginmann »

OK here is the new link. It's funny the things you can completely miss, like a whole sentence! Sorry about that :) new length - 23::47.46
Thanks - Gini

Scarbo wrote: May 10th, 2021, 3:19 pm
Theginmann wrote: May 10th, 2021, 1:14 pm Hi- here is section 10 (chapter 6 part 3) length - 23:41.53
thanks, Gini

Thank you for section 10 - it sounds great, as usual! I have just two notes:

- At 4:58, "or her waist," you say "or her wrist."
- At 22:47, after "a sort of olive-green cone," the phrase "terminating in a scanty beard; and on the wall could be seen the" is missing before "shadow of a nose."
Theginmann

Post by Theginmann »

May I claim chapter 9 parts 1 and 2?
Thanks - Gini
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Theginmann wrote: May 11th, 2021, 12:33 pm OK here is the new link. It's funny the things you can completely miss, like a whole sentence! Sorry about that :) new length - 23::47.46
Thanks - Gini

Theginmann wrote: May 11th, 2021, 1:25 pm May I claim chapter 9 parts 1 and 2?
Thanks - Gini
No worries at all, I appreciate your making the changes! :) Section 10 is PL OK.

You're welcome to chapter 9 parts 1 and 2. I've signed you up. Thank you for claiming!

Sarah
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

Here is section 4 again. Hopefully I corrected all of the issues. It is 13:10 in length

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/mauprat_04_sand_128kb.mp3
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

JoeS wrote: May 11th, 2021, 4:37 pm Here is section 4 again. Hopefully I corrected all of the issues. It is 13:10 in length

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/mauprat_04_sand_128kb.mp3
Yes, you're all set - PL OK! Thank you!

Sarah
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Hi, Can I claim Chapter 11 part 3?
mariayikes

Post by mariayikes »

Hello! May I read Chapter 10: Part 1,2,3 and Chapter 11: Part 2,4 :D
LucyK

Post by LucyK »

Scarbo wrote: May 1st, 2021, 11:06 am
LucyK wrote: May 1st, 2021, 10:57 am Hello again, can I just confirm what section 3 consists of? There is the opening chapter, after the preface, entitled simply 'Mauprat' beginning 'On the borders of La Manche...' and ending '...'then he began his narrative in these words.', followed by the chapter headed 1, which begins 'You live not very far from Roche-Mauprat...' and ending 'to keep at a respectful distance the military force of the district.'

I assume section 3 is both these chapters?

Thanks in advance for clarifying!
Yes, it includes both the opening chapter and chapter 1. I should have made that clearer in the MW. Thanks for checking on that!
:help: Sorry to be a pain, I have recorded the first section and am still editing it, can I just ask how I should introduce it? It's not a chapter as such and is section 0 in the magic window, do I say 'Chapter zero', or nothing at all and just read what's in front of me, do I even say 'translated by ...' as this part isn't translated...??? Please can you just word the introductory preamble for me as it should be?(As it stands I've said everything I can think of and will just cut out what you think is unnecessary!)

Thanks in advance!
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Can I claim Chapter 10 parts 1,2 and 3?
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

brownrottger wrote: May 11th, 2021, 6:26 pm Hi, Can I claim Chapter 11 part 3?
Sure thing, thank you for claiming! I see you're new to LV - welcome! Feel free to ask if you have questions about anything. :)

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

mariayikes wrote: May 12th, 2021, 1:09 am Hello! May I read Chapter 10: Part 1,2,3 and Chapter 11: Part 2,4 :D
Hello, I appreciate your enthusiasm! Welcome to LV! I'll sign you up for Chapter 10, parts 1-3 starting off. Recording and editing is more work than it may seem at first, so it's a good idea to start off with a small number of projects to get more comfortable with the process. Once you've submitted one of the three sections from Chapter 10 and you feel like you're ready to claim some more sections, let me know and I'll be happy to sign you up.

Before you start recording any chapter sections, though, I would strongly suggest completing a 1-minute test. It's not an audition - it's just a way to check for sound problems and to make sure that the technical specifications are set up correctly with your recording software.

Could you let me know what name you'd like to be listed under in the LV catalog?

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have questions about anything! :)
Last edited by Scarbo on May 12th, 2021, 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

LucyK wrote: May 12th, 2021, 2:55 am :help: Sorry to be a pain, I have recorded the first section and am still editing it, can I just ask how I should introduce it? It's not a chapter as such and is section 0 in the magic window, do I say 'Chapter zero', or nothing at all and just read what's in front of me, do I even say 'translated by ...' as this part isn't translated...??? Please can you just word the introductory preamble for me as it should be?(As it stands I've said everything I can think of and will just cut out what you think is unnecessary!)

Thanks in advance!
You're not being a pain at all! :) I appreciate your attention to details. This is a good question since this project is a little odd with multiple prefatory sections. Here's what I would go with based on how I'm recording the preface:

"George Sand by Pearl Mary-Teresa Craigie, from Mauprat. This is a LibriVox recording [...] please visit librivox.org. Read by ____. Mauprat, by George Sand, translated by Stanley Young. George Sand."

I inclined towards keeping the "translated by..." (and being a bit repetitive with all the "George Sand"s) for consistency's sake.

Feel free to ask questions whenever they arise!

Sarah