COMPLETE: Mauprat by George Sand -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Theginmann

Post by Theginmann »

Here is section 25 (chapter 14 part 2) length - 13:59.03
Glad everything was ok with the last one :)
Thanks, Gini

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/mauprat_25_sand_128kb.mp3
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

devikaveerkar wrote: May 26th, 2021, 4:35 am Id like to claim chapter 24, please. Also you can call me Devika in the catalog.
Sure thing, thank you for claiming! I see you're new to LV, so feel free to ask if you have questions about anything! :)
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Theginmann wrote: May 26th, 2021, 2:49 pm Here is section 25 (chapter 14 part 2) length - 13:59.03
Glad everything was ok with the last one :)
Thanks, Gini

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/mauprat_25_sand_128kb.mp3
Thank you for section 25! PL OK!
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
devikaveerkar

Post by devikaveerkar »

Scarbo wrote: May 26th, 2021, 3:05 pm
devikaveerkar wrote: May 26th, 2021, 4:35 am Id like to claim chapter 24, please. Also you can call me Devika in the catalog.
Sure thing, thank you for claiming! I see you're new to LV, so feel free to ask if you have questions about anything! :)
Absolutely! Thanks a lot
I needed to ask, do u guys record one part of the chapter and then pause it and continue later? Because I think I read in one of the wiki pages about something like that and now I forget where. Do you have any advice as to how I should avoid making it obvious that the recording was paused?
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

devikaveerkar wrote: May 26th, 2021, 10:28 pm Absolutely! Thanks a lot
I needed to ask, do u guys record one part of the chapter and then pause it and continue later? Because I think I read in one of the wiki pages about something like that and now I forget where. Do you have any advice as to how I should avoid making it obvious that the recording was paused?
The general recommendation is to record everything in one sitting, if possible, so that you know that your soundscape is consistent, but honestly, sometimes I can't do this for longer chapters for various reasons. (My neighbor always seems to know when I'm recording and sees fit to start running her rumbly washing machine then, for example. :lol:) I think that, with noise cleaning, it should be okay if you make sure that your soundscape, mic position, etc. are as similar as possible during multiple sessions. And you can edit out mouse clicks and the like in Audacity. (You might already know about that, but I wanted to mention it just in case. I didn't know much about Audacity's editing capabilities when I started out, and that's why my first recording is all in one take!)

Sarah
devikaveerkar

Post by devikaveerkar »

Scarbo wrote: May 27th, 2021, 3:18 pm
devikaveerkar wrote: May 26th, 2021, 10:28 pm Absolutely! Thanks a lot
The general recommendation is to record everything in one sitting, if possible, so that you know that your soundscape is consistent, but honestly, sometimes I can't do this for longer chapters for various reasons. (My neighbor always seems to know when I'm recording and sees fit to start running her rumbly washing machine then, for example. :lol:) I think that, with noise cleaning, it should be okay if you make sure that your soundscape, mic position, etc. are as similar as possible during multiple sessions. And you can edit out mouse clicks and the like in Audacity. (You might already know about that, but I wanted to mention it just in case. I didn't know much about Audacity's editing capabilities when I started out, and that's why my first recording is all in one take!)
Awesome, I'll do that thanks!
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Section 19 Length 24:25.9 I am proud of this. I hope you like it. https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/mauprat_19_sand_128kb.mp3
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

brownrottger wrote: May 31st, 2021, 7:09 am Section 19 Length 24:25.9 I am proud of this. I hope you like it. https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/mauprat_19_sand_128kb.mp3
Thank you for section 19! I do like it - it sounds great! I have just a few notes:

- At the beginning, could you say "Chapter 11, part 2"? (Keeping chapters and sections straight for projects like this does take some getting used to at first. :))
- At 0:20, after "Mauprat, by George Sand," could you add "translated by Stanley Young. Chapter 11, part 2"?
- At 16:52, "without my taking the trouble," you say "without taking my trouble."

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

HannaPonomarenko wrote: April 22nd, 2021, 7:40 am Hi! May I PL the sections of DPL? :D
Hi Hanna, here's section 2 for you to PL when you have a chance: https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/mauprat_02_sand_128kb.mp3
2:44

Thank you!

Sarah
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

HannaPonomarenko

Post by HannaPonomarenko »

Scarbo wrote: May 31st, 2021, 3:50 pm
HannaPonomarenko wrote: April 22nd, 2021, 7:40 am Hi! May I PL the sections of DPL? :D
Hi Hanna, here's section 2 for you to PL when you have a chance: https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/mauprat_02_sand_128kb.mp3
2:44

Thank you!
Hi Scarbo! Sec 2 is special PL Ok.

Thank you!
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

brownrottger wrote: May 31st, 2021, 6:11 pm Length 24:31 changes made https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/mauprat_19_sand_128kb.mp3
Thank you for the edits! PL OK.

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Thank you for section 20! It sounds great, and there are no changes to make to the text. The only note I have is that the volume, which is 93 dB, falls just outside the target range of 87-92 dB. Could you lower the volume a bit to be within the target range?

Sarah
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/mauprat_20_sand_128kb.mp3 Is this better? I ran the checker and it passed.