COMPLETE: Mauprat by George Sand -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

brownrottger wrote: July 18th, 2021, 9:55 am 21:01 https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/mauprat_38_sand_128kb.mp3 Edits made. I've also discovered hot keys for repeat amplify and zoom in and out, thanks to the YouTube videos of Phil Chenevert!
PL OK! Thank you!

Yes, Phil Chenevert's Audacity tutorials are very helpful!
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Sections 15-17 are available due to expired claims. Any takers?
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
musicalmorsels

Post by musicalmorsels »

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/mauprat_26_sand_128kb.mp3

Section 26 Chapter 15

(23:44)

My schedule is finally a little less hectic so hopefully I can churn out all the sections I owe within the week!
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

musicalmorsels wrote: July 24th, 2021, 12:20 am https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/mauprat_26_sand_128kb.mp3

Section 26 Chapter 15

My schedule is finally a little less hectic so hopefully I can churn out all the sections I owe within the week!
Thank you for section 26! It sounds great. I have just a few notes:

- At 2:55, "and bearing, and conversation," you say "and bearing the conversation."
- At 16:25, "the shores of the States," you say "the shores of a state."
- At 16:29, "to take his big hat," you say "to make his big hat."
- At 22:51, "Then I sailed with the worthy Marcasse," you say "Then I sailed from the worthy Marcasse."
- At 23:15, "At last, after a final storm," you say "At last a final storm."
- The volume level is 85.5 dB. Could you amplify it to somewhere within the target range of 87-92?

I'm pretty easygoing about extensions, so don't hesitate to ask if it turns out you need one for the rest of your sections!

Sarah
musicalmorsels

Post by musicalmorsels »

Scarbo wrote: July 24th, 2021, 1:36 pm
musicalmorsels wrote: July 24th, 2021, 12:20 am https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/mauprat_26_sand_128kb.mp3

Section 26 Chapter 15

Thank you for section 26! It sounds great. I have just a few notes:

- At 2:55, "and bearing, and conversation," you say "and bearing the conversation."
- At 16:25, "the shores of the States," you say "the shores of a state."
- At 16:29, "to take his big hat," you say "to make his big hat."
- At 22:51, "Then I sailed with the worthy Marcasse," you say "Then I sailed from the worthy Marcasse."
- At 23:15, "At last, after a final storm," you say "At last a final storm."
- The volume level is 85.5 dB. Could you amplify it to somewhere within the target range of 87-92?

I'm pretty easygoing about extensions, so don't hesitate to ask if it turns out you need one for the rest of your sections!
I'll get on these corrections tonight and hopefully I'll have a couple more sections for you by late of this evening. I was recording Chapter 16 last night when halfway through my neighbors were amping up the bass on their music and my mic was picking that up.... Can I request a one week extension for chapters 17 onwards?
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Hi Scarbo, I need an extension to August 16 on my claims. Is that ok?
Best,
Christine
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

musicalmorsels wrote: July 25th, 2021, 2:44 pm I'll get on these corrections tonight and hopefully I'll have a couple more sections for you by late of this evening. I was recording Chapter 16 last night when halfway through my neighbors were amping up the bass on their music and my mic was picking that up.... Can I request a one week extension for chapters 17 onwards?
Sure thing! You're welcome to a longer extension if you think you'll need it. I definitely understand the frustration of noisy neighbors! :roll: Sorry you're having to deal with that.

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

brownrottger wrote: July 25th, 2021, 3:06 pm Hi Scarbo, I need an extension to August 16 on my claims. Is that ok?
Best,
Christine
Certainly! Feel free to request a longer extension than that if you think you'll need more time.

Sarah
musicalmorsels

Post by musicalmorsels »

Scarbo wrote: July 25th, 2021, 3:39 pm
musicalmorsels wrote: July 25th, 2021, 2:44 pm I'll get on these corrections tonight and hopefully I'll have a couple more sections for you by late of this evening. I was recording Chapter 16 last night when halfway through my neighbors were amping up the bass on their music and my mic was picking that up.... Can I request a one week extension for chapters 17 onwards?
Sure thing! You're welcome to a longer extension if you think you'll need it. I definitely understand the frustration of noisy neighbors! :roll: Sorry you're having to deal with that.
Great thank you so much. Here is Chapter 16 (28:41) https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/mauprat_27_sand_128kb_1.mp3

I forgot how much longer this one was so I wasn't able to get to the corrections tonight.
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Thank you for chapter 27; it sounds great! I have just a few notes:

- I see in the MW that chapter 27 corresponds to section 39. Could you change the filename to mauprat_39_sand_128kb.mp3?
- This is optional, but the phrase at 8:31, "that is to day," appears to be a typo or OCR error, and should probably be "that is to say."
- At 18:09, "instead of returning," you say "instead returning."
- At 26:43, "And if you want," you say "And you want."
- At 29:09, "and give evidence," part of "evidence" is not quite audible.
- At 29:17, "and said they had no warrant," you say "they said I had no warrant."

I wanted to mention something that you don't need to change in this recording, but just keep in mind for future recordings: starting at around a minute and a half in, every now and then I hear slight shuffling sounds between some sentences. It's not loud enough to distract the listener, but you might want to be on the lookout for what may be causing it.

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

musicalmorsels, thank you for chapter 16! I was hoping to get to it today, but I don't think I'll be able to listen until tomorrow. No hurry on the chapter 15 corrections!

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

musicalmorsels wrote: July 25th, 2021, 11:46 pm Great thank you so much. Here is Chapter 16 (28:41) https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/mauprat_27_sand_128kb_1.mp3

I forgot how much longer this one was so I wasn't able to get to the corrections tonight.
Thanks again for this section! It sounds great. I have some notes, mostly about word changes and repeats. Please don't be discouraged by the notes - many of these are just repeats that can easily be trimmed out. :) You might already know this, but just in case, I want to mention that while you're editing out the repeats, it's a good idea to start at the end of the recording and work towards the beginning. That way the time stamps stay accurate.

- Could you change the filename to mauprat_27_sand_128kb.mp3?
- At 47, there's a repeat of "As soon as."
- At 1:06, "an almost stern expression," you say "an almost stern impression."
- At 1:15, "was betraying unexpected emotion," you say "was betrayed unexpected emotion."
- At 2:16, there's a repeat of "It had undergone."
- At 6:24, "no more able than Blaireau," you say "no more than Blaireau."
- At 6:51, "He would not or could not," you say "He could not or could not."
- At 6:57, there's a repeat of "after burning with unsurpassable moral."
- At 7:50, there's a repeat of "The same appearance."
- At 11:15, "and would die," you say "and would dire."
- At 12:05, you start to say "no-" before correcting it to "doing nothing."
- At 12:25, "pitied than the labourer," you say "pitied the labourer."
- At 14:32, there's a repeat of "and when for the first time."
- At 16:08, you start to say "and he was" before correcting it to "and as he was."
- At 17:16, there's a repeat of "And so I have various friends."
- At 17:37, there's a repeat of "With all this."
- At 18:17, "indicated a compromise," you say "indicate a comprise."
- At 19:09, "which had been entrusted to me," you say "which had entrusted to me."
- At 20:34, "polite to the village elders," you say "polite in the village elders."
- At 20:38, "so that I may make them," you say "so that I may take them."
- At 21:55, there's a repeat of "then I."
- The volume at 92.5 dB is just slightly over the target range. Could you lower it to somewhere between 87 and 92 dB?

Sarah
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

30:54 https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/mauprat_39_sand_128kb.mp3 Edits made, including optional one. Thank you!
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

brownrottger wrote: July 30th, 2021, 4:30 pm 30:54 https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/mauprat_39_sand_128kb.mp3 Edits made, including optional one. Thank you!
Thank you! PL OK!

I meant to comment earlier on what a wild ride this chapter is - and it gets even more dramatic in the next!

Sarah