COMPLETE Sir Titus Salt, Baronet, His Life and Its Lessons-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
msfry

Post by msfry »

Chapter 15 is PL OK. Love the detailed descriptions of the town's residential and social halls, education, recreation, and so forth. Also the dining hall. Do we have such workplaces today? Other than the Google and Apple campuses, I haven't heard about them. Great tempo, by the way.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Chapter 20 is PL OK. Perfect edits, almost takes my breadth away!! :mrgreen:
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

msfry wrote: May 12th, 2021, 3:30 pm Chapter 20 is PL OK. Perfect edits, almost takes my breadth away!! :mrgreen:
Haha!
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Hi Michele and MaryAnn,

Here is Chapter 17: https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/titussalt_16_balgarnie_128kb.mp3

Time: 29:49

:help: The reason I addressed both of you is because of a slight problem in the copy of the book I am reading from. At the bottom of page 236 there is a 'tear' in the page and a word is missing. I inserted the word "pity" because it seemed to fit both the space missing and the thought of the sentence. I have never run into this before, so I really don't know what proper policy and procedure is. It happens at about 3:14 in the recording.

Of course, I will correct/change what I did if what I did was wrong.

Thanks for the input.

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
msfry

Post by msfry »

I see the missing word on page 263. I've had this problem too, in which case I checked for other text sources to see if I could find it, and if not, just filled in as you did. We can't do much more than that. Let's see what MaryAnn might have to add.

I look forward to listening soon.
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

msfry wrote: May 13th, 2021, 6:57 am I see the missing word on page 263. I've had this problem too, in which case I checked for other text sources to see if I could find it, and if not, just filled in as you did. We can't do much more than that. Let's see what MaryAnn might have to add.

I did as much searching as I could think of, and couldn't find anything, but maybe one of you two can find something I couldn't.

Wayne
Wayne
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

msfry wrote: May 13th, 2021, 6:57 am I see the missing word on page 263. I've had this problem too, in which case I checked for other text sources to see if I could find it, and if not, just filled in as you did. We can't do much more than that. Let's see what MaryAnn might have to add.

I just found it on Hathitrust, (https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=msu.31293015936366&view=1up&seq=264) and word is PITY. I must have been inspired! :lol:

So, of course, go ahead and PL.
Wayne
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

msfry

Post by msfry »

PL Notes Chapter 16

7:38 Mr. Adams-Acton, you say Atkin
17:07 received the offer of a baron-etcy, you say baron-tency. You say it correctly at 17:29 and many other places, andmay be able to cut and paste.
25:28 was a memorable event at Crow Nest, you say memoral
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

msfry wrote: May 14th, 2021, 1:38 pm PL Notes Chapter 16

7:38 Mr. Adams-Acton, you say Atkin
17:07 received the offer of a baron-etcy, you say baron-tency. You say it correctly at 17:29 and many other places, andmay be able to cut and paste.
25:28 was a memorable event at Crow Nest, you say memoral
Michele,

Here is Chapter 16 again: https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/titussalt_16_balgarnie_128kb.mp3

Same time.

I had such a hard time with "Baronetcy". I don't know if I ever got it correct the first time through. I thought I had caught all of them, but obviously I didn't. Thanks. And on Memorable, I just totally swallowed the 'b'. Again, thanks.

Wayne
Wayne
msfry

Post by msfry »

Oops, Wayne, looks like you uploaded the original 16, before changes, or didn't upload at all. Please try again.
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

msfry wrote: May 14th, 2021, 4:27 pm Oops, Wayne, looks like you uploaded the original 16, before changes, or didn't upload at all. Please try again.
Well,

We will start with 16. As I mentioned above, I did all the corrections you noted (with my editorial comments). As you mentioned, the one I uploaded was not the corrected one. But to make things even worse, the 'corrected' one disappeared. I have no idea where it went, so I went back and redid them.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/titussalt_16_balgarnie_128kb.mp3

Time now is 29:50

Your post came while I was working on 17, so after that was ready, I went back and did the work on 16. So now it is ready too.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/titussalt_17_balgarnie_128kb.mp3

Time 29:58

At least it didn't take too long for you to discover my mess-up.

The more I read about Sir Titus, the more I am amazed at just how great a man he was. My wife often listens in the background as I am recording, and she made that same comment after I finished 17. Learning all this about him makes me want to take a trip to Yorkshire to see Saltaire and environs. As you probably know it is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

It will be a few days (at least Tuesday) before I can get another chapter read.

Thanks for all your hard work,

Wayne
Wayne
msfry

Post by msfry »

16 is PL OK. I will listen to 17 later today.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Chapter 5 is PL OK. Thank you Rita for your contributions to this project.
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Wayne