[COMPLETE] Greek Literature, HJW Tillyard, d. 1968-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Roypercy wrote: April 11th, 2021, 5:05 pm Hi:

Could I claim Section 1?

Roy
Hi Roy, and thank you! Section 1 is yours!
Leganto

Post by Leganto »

mightyfelix wrote: April 14th, 2021, 9:48 pm
Leganto wrote: April 11th, 2021, 4:47 pm Hello,

Can I claim section 7: Oratory?

Editing to add request for section 4: Comedy.

Thanks.

- Jennifer Wilson
Thank you, I'm happy to sign you up! So sorry that it took a couple of days to get back to you. I must have overlooked this project the last time I did my updating. :oops:

How would you like to be credited in the catalogue? You can use your real name, forum name, or some other pseudonym. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help you get started!
Thank you! I would like to be credited as "Jennifer Wilson". Since this is my first effort, I'd appreciate a few words of feedback on my reading and recording (from you or the DPL) if you have time.
- Jennifer.
Leganto

Post by Leganto »

Chapter 7 - Oratory: Isocrates, Demosthenes

Duration: 12:56

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/greekliterature_07_tillyard_128kb.mp3

Note: I understand the protocol about being assigned before recording, but I started it several days ago as a personal project to get used to reading and to familiarize myself with editing in Audacity.

- Jennifer
AmyS

Post by AmyS »

Amy will do :)

Then I'll take 6 - Philosophy - in addition to Tragedy.

Ciao from Italy.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Leganto wrote: April 14th, 2021, 11:05 pm Chapter 7 - Oratory: Isocrates, Demosthenes

Note: I understand the protocol about being assigned before recording, but I started it several days ago as a personal project to get used to reading and to familiarize myself with editing in Audacity.

- Jennifer
Woohoo! Thanks so much for the speedy work! First submission of the project! :thumbs:

This is in the MW (magic window) for our DPL, Leni, to listen to. I don't think I myself will have time to listen and provide feedback, but Leni is very helpful and experienced. :D
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

AmyS wrote: April 15th, 2021, 5:12 am Amy will do :)

Then I'll take 6 - Philosophy - in addition to Tragedy.

Ciao from Italy.
That sounds great. Thank you, Amy!
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Leganto wrote: April 14th, 2021, 11:05 pm Chapter 7 - Oratory: Isocrates, Demosthenes

- Jennifer
Hello, Jennifer, and welcome to LibriVox

The recording is great, all the tech specifications are fine. I have no reason to say your recording is not PL OK! However, just in the spirit of improvement, I suggest you observe if maybe you are moving away from the microphone sometimes during the recording. It is not very bad at all, and I do not think you need to change or re-record, but twice or three times in this track there are moments when the recording gets a bit lower, and I feel it has to do with moving away. As an example, listen to the track between 2:30 and 2:40. At 2:37 the volume changes a bit. Later it picks up again. But I am marking it PL OK, and I think you should be very happy with this recording! :thumbs:
Leni
=================
Leganto

Post by Leganto »

Leni wrote: April 17th, 2021, 6:37 pm

- Jennifer
Hello, Jennifer, and welcome to LibriVox

The recording is great, all the tech specifications are fine. I have no reason to say your recording is not PL OK! However, just in the spirit of improvement, I suggest you observe if maybe you are moving away from the microphone sometimes during the recording. It is not very bad at all, and I do not think you need to change or re-record, but twice or three times in this track there are moments when the recording gets a bit lower, and I feel it has to do with moving away. As an example, listen to the track between 2:30 and 2:40. At 2:37 the volume changes a bit. Later it picks up again. But I am marking it PL OK, and I think you should be very happy with this recording! :thumbs:
Thank you for the feedback, Leni. I understand what you are saying, and I was puzzled by the volume changes. I am recording using a headset, and I recorded the selection in one sitting, so it's not that I'm moving away or adjusting the microphone. I noticed the change in volume levels and did my best to correct them using Amplify in Audacity, but I'm still getting used to the options and the changes they make. Perhaps I need to upgrade my headset.
Thanks again. Your feedback will help me to improve future recordings.

- Jennifer.
Leganto

Post by Leganto »

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Leganto wrote: April 17th, 2021, 7:30 pm Section 4: Comedy

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/greekliterature_04_tillyard_128kb.mp3

Duration - 8:30:93

- Jennifer
Thank you! It's in the MW! :D
Morosoph1729

Post by Morosoph1729 »

Hi,

I would like to claim Section 2: Lyric, Elegiac, and Iambic Poetry. Thanks!

- Jeremy
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Morosoph1729 wrote: April 19th, 2021, 2:19 pm Hi,

- Jeremy
Thank you, Jeremy, and welcome!

I will assign this section to you, but before you get started on it, we strongly suggest that you complete a one-minute test to be sure that your tech and equipment is all set up properly: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test It's much easier to catch and correct tech issues in a short little blurb than in a lengthy chapter. :wink: Let me know if you need clarification on how to submit the test.

How would you like to be credited in the catalogue? You can use your real name, forum name, or some other pseudonym.
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Leganto wrote: April 17th, 2021, 7:30 pm Section 4: Comedy

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/greekliterature_04_tillyard_128kb.mp3

Duration - 8:30:93

- Jennifer
Section 4, PL OK! And no volume fluctuation on this one, Jennifer!
Leni
=================
Morosoph1729

Post by Morosoph1729 »

mightyfelix wrote: April 19th, 2021, 7:14 pm
Morosoph1729 wrote: April 19th, 2021, 2:19 pm Hi,

- Jeremy
Thank you, Jeremy, and welcome!

I will assign this section to you, but before you get started on it, we strongly suggest that you complete a one-minute test to be sure that your tech and equipment is all set up properly: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test It's much easier to catch and correct tech issues in a short little blurb than in a lengthy chapter. :wink: Let me know if you need clarification on how to submit the test.

How would you like to be credited in the catalogue? You can use your real name, forum name, or some other pseudonym.
Sure, I will perform the 1-minute test soon. You can put me down as "Jeremy Silver."
majikat

Post by majikat »

Hello! Can I claim the final section (Section 8)?