[COMPLETE][Short Stories]The Black Cat Vol. 02 No. 3 December 1896 - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
JulieB3

Post by JulieB3 »

A good point, but remember that at that time she wouldn't have had a lot of options. Even if he were physically abusive to her and the kids, it's unlikely even her parents/family would have taken her in and without a job and money he couldn't get ahold of, with or without her help, where could she go? Granted, this woman didn't want to leave, but it would have been so much harder than today in any case. Again, so frustrating.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

JulieB3 wrote: May 14th, 2021, 3:47 amA good point, but remember that at that time she wouldn't have had a lot of options. Even if he were physically abusive to her and the kids, it's unlikely even her parents/family would have taken her in and without a job and money he couldn't get ahold of, with or without her help, where could she go? Granted, this woman didn't want to leave, but it would have been so much harder than today in any case. Again, so frustrating.
true, but other women managed also back then (but for the dramatic stories...we only hear about the cases where the women stay :lol: ) and also today still, many women stay, even though they would have the law on their side now. But they first have to want to make their life better. An eternal dilemma...

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
JulieB3

Post by JulieB3 »

Yeah.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Update: since I haven't heard back from the new volunteer for over 2 months now, I think it's time to finish this project. I assigned the last section to myself and will try to record it today and probably edit tomorrow. Todd has graceously volunteered to PL the finished project. Thank you :9:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Ta-daaa, I was working the entire afternoon on this story now, and managed to finish it today still.

Todd: you will like this story, it's about an old sea-bear ;) and a lovely ending, that may bring tears to your eyes (it did to mine, but you will know that anyway once you listen it).

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/blackcat0203dec1896_5_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 19:29 min.

And no hurry with the PL, I will log off for the day and won't be cataloguing anyway before tomorrow. Or whenever you have time to do it :) Thank you !

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Ah yes. A powerful tale with a fitting end. Fair winds and following seas, matey.

PL OK.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: June 6th, 2021, 11:17 amAh yes. A powerful tale with a fitting end. Fair winds and following seas, matey.
PL OK.
thank you for the quick PL, Todd :9: happy that you liked it. I just noticed I uploaded it to your folder instead of my own :roll:

So the project is ready for the catalogue, and I'd like to thank all the readers who made this collection yet another highly enjoyable experience: Todd, Lynda, Greg, Jeff and Julie (and I guess I can include myself this time as well :mrgreen: )

Here are my short teasers for the summary, I hope you are happy with the one for your stories:
The Lost Brook Trail: a man recruits a guide to a fishing expedition for an unusual catch
A modern de Pompadour: a talented and creative wigmaker finally meets his rival
The Parchment Diary: a traveller writes down a hermit's story of atonement
A Honeymoon Eclipse: the odyssee of a newly-wed man who forgot the address of their honeymoon lodgings
The Captain's Last Cruise: find out what the old captain planned to do with the mysterious mahogany lumber
The Blow-Out at Jenkins's Grocery: unfortunately, Christmas is not a time of happiness for all alike
Will post the link once it's passed into archive !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

it went quite fast and without a glitch :clap:

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project https://librivox.org/black-cat-02-03-dec1896-by-various/

Moving to Completed...

Sonia