[COMPLETE][History]World's Story 15: The World War - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
KuyaCarrot

Post by KuyaCarrot »

Hello again! I finished all of the edits needed, I hope it is good enough!
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory15_42_dresser_128kb.mp3
Length: 12:56

I agree, I haven't really read or learned much about the war in Africa, so it was interesting to find out.
Thank you again!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

KuyaCarrot wrote: May 17th, 2021, 6:02 pmHello again! I finished all of the edits needed, I hope it is good enough!
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory15_42_dresser_128kb.mp3
yes the noise is much less now, thank you :) And perfect edits, so all PL ok now. Thank you for taking part in this project and I hope to hear you in some other book one day 8-)

Sonia
KuyaCarrot

Post by KuyaCarrot »

Kitty wrote: May 18th, 2021, 2:28 am Thank you for taking part in this project and I hope to hear you in some other book one day 8-)

Sonia
I hope so too! Thank you for all the help you've given me!
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and another wonderfully narrated PL ok section, thank you so much, Colleen. This episode was really quite close to home, Mons, Liège and Namur are barely 3 hours car-drive from where I live.

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

interesting that this would be the largest photograph of the war. I wonder how big it was in the original :hmm:

Perfectly PL ok again, Alan, and I think these were all your sections in this project. Thank you so much 8-) I hope you'll remember the World Story project with fondness.

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Kitty wrote: May 19th, 2021, 4:01 am
interesting that this would be the largest photograph of the war. I wonder how big it was in the original :hmm:
Perfectly PL ok again, Alan, and I think these were all your sections in this project. Thank you so much 8-) I hope you'll remember the World Story project with fondness.
Thanks Sonia, that is my lot for now but I will keep a lookout for any orphans :D
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
bbogle

Post by bbogle »

Hello, I had previously signed up for Section 64. I have become busy and would like to relinquish this section to any interested party. Thank you, and sorry for the trouble!
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

Kitty wrote: May 19th, 2021, 12:29 am
and another wonderfully narrated PL ok section, thank you so much, Colleen. This episode was really quite close to home, Mons, Liège and Namur are barely 3 hours car-drive from where I live.

Sonia
OOf I hope I didn’t mangle any of pronunciations too badly! There are a LOT of towns in the next section about the Marne as well.

Did you have school trips to WWI battlefields like we do for Civil war and American Revolution sites?

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

bbogle wrote: May 19th, 2021, 9:35 am Hello, I had previously signed up for Section 64. I have become busy and would like to relinquish this section to any interested party. Thank you, and sorry for the trouble!
thank you for letting me know so soon, and don't worry, I'll orphan it right away. I'm sure someone will come along to take care of it :)

And whenever your busy life calms down a bit again, you know where to find us ;)

Back to Readers Wanted ! 1 section up for grabs. (maybe Alan will jump on this one :lol: )

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ColleenMc wrote: May 19th, 2021, 10:51 amOOf I hope I didn’t mangle any of pronunciations too badly! There are a LOT of towns in the next section about the Marne as well.

Did you have school trips to WWI battlefields like we do for Civil war and American Revolution sites?
your pronunciations were quite good :thumbs:

I only remember we once visited Verdun, which is right over the border here in France, on a school trip. It's a bit depressing for kids, in my opinion. Later, while I was already at university, my sister and I once visited Paschendaele in Belgium, which has huge WWI cemetaries where once the poppies grew... :(

Sonia
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Kitty wrote: May 17th, 2021, 7:00 am at 11:03: (p. 397) "so runs the tale as told by these young Britons" – I think this was only an oversight... the 'i' in "Britons" is pronounced like "Great Britain".
Section 66 fixed and reuploaded.

I could do 64 as well... :wink:
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Availle wrote: May 19th, 2021, 3:08 pmI could do 64 as well... :wink:
that would be awesome, thank you Availle.

So back to Readers found....

will Spot PL later on :)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Availle wrote: May 19th, 2021, 3:08 pmSection 66 fixed and reuploaded.
perfectly PL ok now, thank you :)

Sonia