[COMPLETE][History]World's Story 15: The World War - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
janop

Post by janop »

Here is Section 23: The battle of Verdun (1916), by Raoul Blanchard

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory15_23_dresser_128kb.mp3
Length: 24:13

I'm certain I'll have to do some edits, French names will be the bane of my existence! But it's good have the ball rolling.
- Jake Nop
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Here's the sinking of the Lusitania in 10:25:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory15_64_dresser_128kb.mp3

We don't seem to have anything else about this in the catalog. :hmm: I guess I'll have to do some digging...
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

janop wrote: May 22nd, 2021, 12:23 pmHere is Section 23: The battle of Verdun (1916), by Raoul Blanchard
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory15_23_dresser_128kb.mp3
Length: 24:13
I'm certain I'll have to do some edits, French names will be the bane of my existence! But it's good have the ball rolling.
- Jake Nop
hi Jake, and thank you for this wonderfully and exciting narration of one of the most famous parts of WWI. :thumbs: And no worries for the French names of towns, I think you did a great job with the pronunciation, they are all easily understood.

This is an awesomely good first section for LV, congrats ! I really enjoyed listening to your voice and already hope to hear you more often in one of my projects :mrgreen: For the moment this project is fully claimed, but you can always stay on the lookout for orphans...

There are a few small things I'd like you to correct though, before this section is ready:

> at 18:47: (p. 137) stumble and repeat "the 4th of August they reoccupied Fleury" - stumble can be cut out, or maybe this part of the sentence needs re-recording if you cannot make the cut accurately

> the whole section has a lot of background noise, which would benefit from some noise-cleaning. Audacity has a good noise-cleaning program, please try the following:

> select a small portion where you don't speak (usually at the end of your file)
> go to Effect - Noise Reduction
> first select Get Noise Profile
> then highlight the entire recording
> again Effect - Noise Reduction
> now select OK

The rest is perfect. Simply reupload with the exact same filename, then the old file will be replaced by the new one.

Thanks !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Availle wrote: May 22nd, 2021, 6:16 pmHere's the sinking of the Lusitania in 10:25:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory15_64_dresser_128kb.mp3
We don't seem to have anything else about this in the catalog. :hmm: I guess I'll have to do some digging...
yes compared to the famous Titanic, this ship is rather more unknown, even though just as tragic as far as losses go. :( Wow, the guy in this narrative was so calm about all of it while it happened. Probably many more lives could have been saved, tragic.

Excellent narration again, Availle, perfectly PL ok. Thank you !!!

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Hi Sonia! I'll be getting to my sections within the next week, so a small extension would be appreciated in case I don't get them in before the 1st of June. :)
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: May 27th, 2021, 9:02 pmHi Sonia! I'll be getting to my sections within the next week, so a small extension would be appreciated in case I don't get them in before the 1st of June. :)
thank you for letting me know, Tomas. Try your best, but an extension will be fine as well.

Sonia
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Hi Sonia,

I was hoping to be able to submit it today but I'm still working on section 3 (editing to be done). I hope to find sometime and space this week.

Have a good week!
Ezwa

« Heureux qui... sait d'une voix légère passer du grave au doux, du plaisant au sévère »
Boileau
« Soyez joyeux dans l'espérance, patients dans la tribulation, persévérants dans la prière. »
Rm 12:12

Envie de lire du dramatique ?
Katgirl576

Post by Katgirl576 »

I noticed some of these were claimed quite a while ago and haven't been completed. If they need to be reassigned, I'm interested in reading :D

- Heather
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Here are my two shorties:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory15_13_dresser_128kb.mp3
2:46

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory15_40_dresser_128kb.mp3
2:50

I hope to get the other two done tomorrow, but I may need a short extension on them.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ezwa wrote: May 30th, 2021, 12:53 pmI was hoping to be able to submit it today but I'm still working on section 3 (editing to be done). I hope to find sometime and space this week.
thank you for letting me know you're still on them. :thumbs: And yes, if you need, I can grant an extension. There are still other sections we are waiting for :)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Katgirl576 wrote: May 30th, 2021, 1:53 pmI noticed some of these were claimed quite a while ago and haven't been completed. If they need to be reassigned, I'm interested in reading :D
- Heather
thank you for your interest in this project, Heather. For the moment all the sections are still claimed. A few will get extensions, but if anything opens up, do you want to take any and all or only a specific one and how many ? If any, I can assign them once they open up, but you need to check in regularly to know what you have been assigned ;)

Please let me know what you were interested in concretely.

Thanks

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mightyfelix wrote: May 30th, 2021, 9:31 pmHere are my two shorties:

I hope to get the other two done tomorrow, but I may need a short extension on them.
thank you for the two sections already, both are PL ok :thumbs: and thanks for letting me now...if you need an extension, it won't be a problem. :)

Sonia
Katgirl576

Post by Katgirl576 »

Kitty wrote: May 31st, 2021, 3:16 am
Katgirl576 wrote: May 30th, 2021, 1:53 pmI noticed some of these were claimed quite a while ago and haven't been completed. If they need to be reassigned, I'm interested in reading :D
- Heather
thank you for your interest in this project, Heather. For the moment all the sections are still claimed. A few will get extensions, but if anything opens up, do you want to take any and all or only a specific one and how many ? If any, I can assign them once they open up, but you need to check in regularly to know what you have been assigned ;)

Please let me know what you were interested in concretely.

Thanks

Sonia
Hi Sonia,
I've subscribed to the post to keep a lookout. I'm happy to participate in any sections :)
Thanks so much for responding!
Heather
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Katgirl576 wrote: May 31st, 2021, 4:10 amI've subscribed to the post to keep a lookout. I'm happy to participate in any sections :)
all right, I will let you know once a section is opened up again. Might happen this week still :lol: so stay tuned !

Thank you

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Devorah, Ezwa and Tomas: I updated the MW with an extended deadline of another month for your sections, I hope that will give you the time to finish without stress. :)

Sonia