[COMPLETE][History]World's Story 15: The World War - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

EmilioC wrote: July 19th, 2021, 9:08 pmSection 77: https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory15_77_dresser_128kb.mp3
(12:43)
ok I still had time to PL the rest tonight and this section was much fluenter, less long pauses. :thumbs: Wonderfully narrated again, one could feel the enthusiasm of the ambulance driver here. And you didn't butcher the French names too much ;)

I only have a few small corrections this time, should be easily edited:

> from 0:38-0:40: between "William Yorke Stevenson" and "the author of the diary" - I would cut the silence a little bit here again

> at 1:14: (p. 449) "and saw the whole of the great battlefield" - you say "battle" which is a change in meaning, I think they only looked at the battlefield, not on the actual battle

> at 6:20: (p. 452) "they had just been captured and were a bedraggled lot" - also here "be-draggled" rather

> at 12:38: also here, please insert end disclaimer: "End of section 77. This recording is in the public domain."

Thanks !!! A great start, hopefully many more to come.

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
EmilioC

Post by EmilioC »

Here's the edited version of Section 77. Embarrassing to discover on a public forum that I've been saying "bedraggled" wrong my entire life.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory15_77_dresser_128kb.mp3

Thanks!
Emilio
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

EmilioC wrote: July 26th, 2021, 10:54 pmHere's the edited version of Section 77. Embarrassing to discover on a public forum that I've been saying "bedraggled" wrong my entire life.
I don't think I ever had to say this word :lol: Well, it's never too late to learn ;)

And wow, you are excellent at editing :thumbs: I see you will have no trouble in that phase of your recording. Excellent job and congrats now on your first official PL ok section. :clap:

Thanks, looking forward to your other section.

Then only one more section and then we can put this entire 15-book-project to rest :9: I'm so thrilled.

Sonia
EmilioC

Post by EmilioC »

Here is the other edited section! I have also edited pauses at 19:20 and 22:54. Hopefully, this is the final edit and helps put this to rest.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory15_30_dresser_128kb.mp3

Thanks for your help!
Emilio
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

EmilioC wrote: July 27th, 2021, 10:04 pmHere is the other edited section! I have also edited pauses at 19:20 and 22:54. Hopefully, this is the final edit and helps put this to rest.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory15_30_dresser_128kb.mp3
thank you, and they are all perfect edits :thumbs: thanks also for letting me know the time stamps of additional edits, this saved me a lot of time to relisten to it all.

This section is also no PL ok.

Getting ready for the final section. :9:

Sonia
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

The site seems to be up and down like a yo-yo right now, but let's see if I manage to upload this:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory15_59_dresser_128kb.mp3

12:00

Ta da!! Truly sorry it took me longer than I had expected. But we are DONE, y'all!

Thanks again Kitty for all your amazing work on shepherding this entire series.

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ColleenMc wrote: August 14th, 2021, 9:18 amhttps://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory15_59_dresser_128kb.mp3
Ta da!! Truly sorry it took me longer than I had expected. But we are DONE, y'all!
TADAA indeed :9: thank you so much Colleen, I guess this has been the most-awaited section at the moment :lol: And you gave it a brilliant finishing touch, excellently narrated, an adventurous story and totally PL ok right away. :clap:

So yes indeed....we have reached the end, not only of the project but also of the WORLD STORY SERIES.

Instead of my usual end-of-project Oscar speech, which has become a tradition already, let me this time make it a huge end-of-series speech.

*drum roll*

And now we are at the end of our voyage around the world. It has been a treat for me to listen to all your wonderful recordings and learn so much about the history of our world. I am very happy that it came to a close now, :D but also a little bit sad :cry: that it's over and I am sure many of you share this feeling.

A few statistics, to round off the project.

The first project started on 21st November 2017.

When I decided to run the series, I had no idea how long this would drag out and whether it would be successful or not, but the enthusiasm, commitment and dedication of all the participants absolutely exceeded my expectations. :clap:

Thanks to all of you (list of readers will follow), this last book finished today, 14th August 2021.
That's about three and a half years for a total of 15 books. I think we can all agree that this is very fast.

Maybe the number of "views" up to today will show you that your efforts have not been wasted:

> Volumes 1 to 4 finished in 2018
Book 1: 55,423 views
Book 2: 18,322 views
Book 3: 13,390 views
Book 4: 10,054 views

> Volumes 5 to 8 finished in 2019
Book 5: 43,178 views
Book 6: 29,373 views
Book 7: 26,130 views
Book 8: 40,069 views

> Volumes 9 to 13 finished in 2020
Book 9: 54,352 views
Book 10: 67,546 views
Book 11: 10,856 views
Book 12: 8,416 views
Book 13: 25,537 views

> Volumes 14 and 15 finished in 2021
Book 14: 18,483 views
Book 15: just finished, obviously no views yet ;)

If you want to check out the wonderful covers all designed by Basquetteur, here you can find the entire series on one page: https://librivox.org/group/605

If I counted correctly, the total run time of all 15 books amounts to over a whopping 275 hours - it would take you 11 and a half days to listen through it all in one marathon session :mrgreen:

The huge feat has been achieved by a total of no less than 141 LibriVox volunteer readers and I seriously hope I did not forget anybody - if you don't see your name on the list, scream and I'll add it !

Participation was as follows:

> in 1 book: 96 readers (aaronwhite1977 / abbya22 / Adamsantoni / AddieChris / adonis / akatsu / alanine / AllenO / alzounes / andreearux / Aperi / AtalieH / atelo / automatonlexicon / bbogle / bellanelson875 / Bloater51 / brianna / BriannaChiles / Calleola / chulsky / clionawoodbyrne / CoreyKendrick / Craigos / DanielHurt / Denisette / dlantz / dmusgrove / ehrgeiziges / EmilioC / emmacharliebrowning / engineerSTL / eringrassie / ewinters / ezwa / FernandoBorrego / Fongie / fsurget / grs2905 / hayduo / Horner94 / Hunnoe / idcmate / IlliniThom / Iunta4Ios / janop / jaredstarr1 / jasonb / jbarbacc / JenniferFour / JT68 / JulieB3 / Kalamareader / Katgirl576 / kathrinee / kayray / KeithMan / kissy / krazystew / KTBMedia / KuyaCarrot / lorda / marcelacollado / matt4312 / MegH / mleigh / mmcclallen / MonaJaheen / msfry / munanahhas / Nicky504 / NinjaOfNix / Nuria / Phjodor / pschempf / RajVO / Rawbean23 / RobMarland / rpotenza / RufusNight / rumpledpoetry / sarahrejoice / smlavine / Sonrisaj / sphinxofblackquartz / srewis194 / Sshoger / StevenW / Stoofy / swalkerl / techpsalti / Tim811 / tovarisch / valeriemarino / wubwave / yaelh)

> in 2 books: 12 readers (DrPGould / Farnood / Fishfish / flup / GregGiordano / Hopeforce1 / Hypathia / iBeScotty / Leni / Nella / Parsa2020 / RitaBoutros)

> in 3 books: 8 readers (BurgundyGrace / ChrisFields / Jmbau13 / Lmnei / PatrS / Roger / RuthP / SonOfTheExiles)

> in 4 books: 2 readers (adrianstephens / BettyB)

> in 5 books: 7 readers (benderca / KevinS / Piotrek81 / realisticspeakers / SaraHale / silverquill / thestorygirl)

> in 6 books: 1 reader (Foon)

> in 7 books: 0 readers

> in 8 books: 2 readers (Kikisaulite / knotyouraveragejo)

> in 9 books: 2 readers (bluechien / NemoR)

> in 10 books: 0 readers

> in 11 books: 1 reader (catharmaiden)

> in 12 books: 2 readers (moniaqua / ToddHW)

> in 13 books: 1 reader (ColleenMC)

> in 14 books: 3 readers (adr6090 / alanmapstone / Availle)

> in ALL 15 books: 4 readers (Kitty / mightyfelix / neecheelok70 / WiltedScribe)

THANK YOU ALL !!!

Now I will launch the cataloguing process, and I'll post the link once it's done. This will take some time.

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Finally! Jim :thumbs:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Took a bit of time yesterday, so I left it run over the night and now we are done !!!

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project https://librivox.org/worlds-story-xv-world-war-by-horatio-w-dresser/

Moving to Completed.

Thank you all

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Great to see this finally hit the catalogue.
Congratulations on your perseverance and patience in getting it finished.
And thank you for running this. I really enjoyed reading for it. :D
Pleased that books 9 &10 (about the UK) are so far the most viewed as I read quite a lot for those :thumbs:
Just sorry I missed book 1 otherwise I could have been all the volumes. :lol:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Kitty wrote: August 15th, 2021, 12:54 am Took a bit of time yesterday, so I left it run over the night and now we are done !!!

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project https://librivox.org/worlds-story-xv-world-war-by-horatio-w-dresser/

Moving to Completed.

Thank you all

Sonia
Sonia,
Thank you for all you have done for this series. I did feel at a loss once the series was "finished", though I do enjoyed the sections that I read.
April
April
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you, Sonia, for running this series. Congratulations!

Todd