[COMPLETE][History]World's Story 15: The World War - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Tim811 wrote: May 5th, 2021, 8:25 amI just uploaded my completed section and as per the instructions (I hope that I'm doing this correctly)... I'm providing a link to the file. Duration is short: 03:05.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory15_52_dresser_128kb.mp3
hello Tim and thank you for your section. Your very first, as I recall and you did extremely well. I love your voice, it's soothing to listen to (despite the depressing text). And your pacing is agreeable to follow along with the naration. :thumbs: I hope you liked the recording process, so we'll hear plenty more of you soon.

Still...a few things need to be edited still. No worry, you don't have to re-record it all from scratch, we actually encourage editing, so the work doesn't have to get done twice. This is what you need to do:

> from 0:04-0:26: for short sections like these, I wanted to use the abbreviated intro disclaimer, which I mentioned (in green) in the very first post. Could you please delete all this and read the following: "Section 52 of The World War, read for LibriVox.org by [your name]. The World War, Part VIII. The fighting machines. Historical note."

> at 2:47: missed bit of the sentence (underlined part): "in the effort to meet the latest output of the enemy". The easiest way is to re-record that sentence in another audacity window (if you use that program), noise-clean and amplify like the original file, then highlight, copy and paste it into the correct slot in the masterfile.

> at the end: you only have 3 seconds of silence, could you please insert 2 more, to have the standard 5 seconds ?

Then simply reupload with the exact same filename, so the old file gets replaced by the new one.

Thanks and congrats on your first official recording. :thumbs:

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
BettyB

Post by BettyB »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

absolutely PL ok, Betty, thank you so much ! Another interesting bite-size section.

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Here is Section 44--young men at war:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory15_44_dresser_128kb.mp3

16:06

Jim :roll:
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

May I claim 59 and 60? Jim :)
alanine

Post by alanine »

May I take Section 62, "The Emden?"
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

NDunn

Post by NDunn »

I have become very interested in World War I over the last several years, so this project is right up my alley for my first LibriVox recording! I'd like to claim section 59, "The escape of a merchantsman (1914), by Edward Noble", please.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: May 7th, 2021, 11:26 am May I claim 59 and 60? Jim :)
thank you Jim :) I will PL your section probably only on Monday though...I try to record my own claims over the weekend

Same for April: looking forward to Kitchener's Mob on Monday :mrgreen:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanine wrote: May 7th, 2021, 1:40 pmMay I take Section 62, "The Emden?"
hi Alan, welcome to the forum and especially to the World Story project. I see you have freshly passed your test and this will be your first official recording. 8-)

So here is your personal reader page, where all your projects will be listed: https://librivox.org/reader/16193. If you want to use another reader name (for example your real name) let me know and I can still change this.

As this is your first recording, please read carefully through the first two posts of this project, you will find all the details on how to speak the intro/outro, the title, the footnotes if there are any and how to correctly name the finished file. If there are any questions still, please don't hesitate to ask.

Have fun !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

NDunn wrote: May 7th, 2021, 9:34 pmI have become very interested in World War I over the last several years, so this project is right up my alley for my first LibriVox recording! I'd like to claim section 59, "The escape of a merchantsman (1914), by Edward Noble", please.
Hello Nathan, and the same warm welcome to the forum for you. :) Great to have started with the test :thumbs: so yes you are all ready to roll.

Update: Jim has relinquished his prior claim to you, so I was able to assign you Section 59. And here is your reader page: https://librivox.org/reader/16194. If you want another reader name, let me know and I'll change it.

Also please read carefully through the first two posts for more details about how to correctly speak the intro and title and footnotes and how to name your file correctly.

I would be happy to get to know your narrative voice. :D

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

I don't mean to complicate things, but I am happy to relinquish 59. And I can do 73. Jim
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: May 8th, 2021, 2:14 am I don't mean to complicate things, but I am happy to relinquish 59. And I can do 73. Jim
oh thank you, Jim, that is sweet of you. We'll do that then, you'll get 73 and Nathan gets 59.

And that makes us fully claimed :9: moving over to Readers Found

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Good news! :thumbs:
alanine

Post by alanine »

So here is your personal reader page, where all your projects will be listed: https://librivox.org/reader/16193. If you want to use another reader name (for example your real name) let me know and I can still change this.
Thanks, I'm looking forward to this. I would like my real name (Alan Dove) on my reader page, please.