[COMPLETE]Trips in the Life of a Locomotive Engineer, by Henry Dawson - availle

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Cheops911

Post by Cheops911 »

Rapunzelina wrote: April 10th, 2021, 12:31 pm PL OK for 7, 12, 17, 18.

PL notes for 22:
there's some text missing, around 2:10 in the recording, here in bold: "[...] to the tune of A B C. I have known, as have many, probably all of my readers, a great many people who professed to have the firmest faith in dreams and signs, who were always preadmonished of every event by some supernatural means, and who invariably are looking out for singular events when they have been visited by a singular dream. I have never believed in these things, have always laughed at them, and do so still. Yet there is [...]"
:shock: Whoops, LOL. Have to dig in my sonic bag-o-tricks and see what shakes out. Good catch! Thanks. To be continued.....
"I've always talked to myself, now I just hit record beforehand..."
Cheops911

Post by Cheops911 »

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Section 22: spot-checked OK :thumbs:
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

mleigh

Post by mleigh »

Thank you - ready for PL.

M
Cheops911

Post by Cheops911 »

M,

I wanted your input on sec 20, "Adventures...Irish Railroad Man." There is quite a bit of dialogue within the reading that I feel I will butcher if I attempt an Irish accent. How would you like the dialogue handled? I would be happy to collaborate with a native Irish second reader for the dialogue in question, or simply hand the section over to him/her gladly :lol:
Let me know your thoughts.

Eric
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

Cheops911 wrote: April 11th, 2021, 9:35 am M,

I wanted your input on sec 20, "Adventures...Irish Railroad Man." There is quite a bit of dialogue within the reading that I feel I will butcher if I attempt an Irish accent. How would you like the dialogue handled? I would be happy to collaborate with a native Irish second reader for the dialogue in question, or simply hand the section over to him/her gladly :lol:

Eric
I must confess I have read parts in plays and have never tried to do an accent so I would never make someone else try it. I know no native speakers so I couldn't help you with locating one. I am perfectly fine with your reading both parts yourself or reading with someone else. Hope this helps. - M
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Section 24

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/tripslocomotiveengineer_24_dawson_128kb.mp3

There is some unpleasant racial terminology in this but I have read it as written.
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

alanmapstone wrote: April 13th, 2021, 2:25 am Section 24

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/tripslocomotiveengineer_24_dawson_128kb.mp3

There is some unpleasant racial terminology in this but I have read it as written.

Unfortunately many of these older books, including children's books, have this kind of language.

Your section is in the MW ready for a PL.

Thanks,

M
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Sections 8 and 24 are PL OK!
Cheops911

Post by Cheops911 »

mleigh wrote: April 11th, 2021, 9:53 am

Eric
I must confess I have read parts in plays and have never tried to do an accent so I would never make someone else try it. I know no native speakers so I couldn't help you with locating one. I am perfectly fine with your reading both parts yourself or reading with someone else. Hope this helps. - M
I'll just take a crack at it, it should be fun :)
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

mleigh

Post by mleigh »

Thank you,

It is ready for PL.

M
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

Cheops911 wrote: April 14th, 2021, 5:47 pm
mleigh wrote: April 11th, 2021, 9:53 am

Eric
I'll just take a crack at it, it should be fun :)
Good, I'm glad you are doing it. :D
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Section 9 is PL OK. Another one with a fatal accident. I would think that because they couldn't reach high speeds, the accidents wouldn't be too awful, but apparently I'm wrong.