[Complete] Joan and Peter by H.G. Wells - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

Lynnet wrote: June 3rd, 2021, 8:31 am Section 29 has been marked PL OK, so no further edits are needed.
I beg pardon! It seems to have been my fault to leave the PL notes on the p. 11, but to mark that section "PL OK" in the MW, instead of "See PL notes".
That section still has to be corrected and is marked now as "See PL notes". ☝
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

dance2morn wrote: June 1st, 2021, 9:32 pm try to work a bit on sec 29.
I beg pardon! It seems to have been my fault to leave the PL notes on the p. 11, but to mark that section "PL OK" in the MW, instead of "See PL notes".
Section 29 still has to be corrected and is marked now as "See PL notes". ☝
elibishop

Post by elibishop »

Lynnet: I mentioned earlier that I was stalled due to hardware problems - I've fixed them, so I should have some more of my sections done before long.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

elibishop wrote: June 3rd, 2021, 9:37 pm Lynnet: I mentioned earlier that I was stalled due to hardware problems - I've fixed them, so I should have some more of my sections done before long.
Great. I gave you an extension til the end of the month. Let me know if you need longer.
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

Theginmann wrote: June 2nd, 2021, 10:59 am Hi here is section 8 (chapter 8 parts 1-7) - length- 1:01:38.63
thanks, Gini

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/joanandpeter_08_wells_128kb.mp3
Hi Gini! 💐

Unhappy to inform you... it seems you recorded
Section 10 The High Cross Preparatory School Part 1
instead of Sec 08... am I right?
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

Theginmann wrote: June 2nd, 2021, 11:15 am Hi - here is section 9 (chapter 8 parts 8-17) - length - 1:14:30.44
Thanks- Gini

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/joanandpeter_09_wells_128kb.mp3
Section 11 The High Cross Preparatory School Part 2
instead of Sec 09... am I right? 🌼
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

Lynnet wrote: June 3rd, 2021, 8:31 am We need the link to section 30.
Yes, indeed. For now it results:
The requested URL was not found on this server.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Please submit sections 30 and 31 ASAP. The deadline has passed. It would be a shame to have to delete all your hard work on the previous sections in this chapter, but I will have to do so on June 20.
Theginmann

Post by Theginmann »

Hi there, Hmm, I'm quite confused. I read all of chapter 7 in my previous recording (section 7) and I thought I was reading chapter 8 - which I did in the two sections -8 and 9. So, yes, I did read The High Cross Preparatory School chapter but I thought that was what section 8 and 9 were and what I was supposed to read. So, not sure where to go from here? I"m sorry, I guess I messed up?

HandmadePSK wrote: June 5th, 2021, 2:23 am
Theginmann wrote: June 2nd, 2021, 11:15 am Hi - here is section 9 (chapter 8 parts 8-17) - length - 1:14:30.44
Thanks- Gini

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/joanandpeter_09_wells_128kb.mp3
Section 11 The High Cross Preparatory School Part 2
instead of Sec 09... am I right? 🌼
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

Theginmann wrote: June 7th, 2021, 2:00 pm Hi there, Hmm, I'm quite confused. I read all of chapter 7 in my previous recording (section 7) and I thought I was reading chapter 8 - which I did in the two sections -8 and 9. So, yes, I did read The High Cross Preparatory School chapter but I thought that was what section 8 and 9 were and what I was supposed to read. So, not sure where to go from here? I"m sorry, I guess I messed up?
Being a newbie here, I suppose you`ll have simply to read new sections and ignore these two - considering that these two sections already exist.
But I could be wrong and I hope dear Lynnet will clarify it better. 🍐
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

I suggest we do no more work on this project until I get a chance to investigate more fully.

Originally the chapter entitled The School of St. George and the Venerable Bede should have been spread over 2 sections (sections 7 and 8) and read by Gini.

The High Cross Preparatory School was split into 3 sections (9-11) and read by NeelMalliPeddi. Those 3 sections were submitted and OKd some time ago.

When Gini told us that section 8 was too long, I manipulated section numbers to give her an extra section for the final part of The School of St. George and the Venerable Bede.

The way I now understand it is that Gini’s sections 8 and 9 duplicate previously approved sections and that rather than giving her an extra section, I should have reduced those allotted to her and deleted section 8. Is this correct?
Theginmann

Post by Theginmann »

Hi Lynnet- yes your summary is correct. On my end, if it is helpful, I can resubmit chapter 7 in 2 sections, 7&8, so you don’t have redo the order of the sections again.
Thanks- Gini
Lynnet wrote: June 7th, 2021, 3:51 pm I suggest we do no more work on this project until I get a chance to investigate more fully.

Originally the chapter entitled The School of St. George and the Venerable Bede should have been spread over 2 sections (sections 7 and 8) and read by Gini.

The High Cross Preparatory School was split into 3 sections (9-11) and read by NeelMalliPeddi. Those 3 sections were submitted and OKd some time ago.

When Gini told us that section 8 was too long, I manipulated section numbers to give her an extra section for the final part of The School of St. George and the Venerable Bede.

The way I now understand it is that Gini’s sections 8 and 9 duplicate previously approved sections and that rather than giving her an extra section, I should have reduced those allotted to her and deleted section 8. Is this correct?
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Theginmann wrote: June 7th, 2021, 9:42 pm Hi Lynnet- yes your summary is correct. On my end, if it is helpful, I can resubmit chapter 7 in 2 sections, 7&8, so you don’t have redo the order of the sections again.
Thanks- Gini
Lynnet wrote: June 7th, 2021, 3:51 pm I suggest we do no more work on this project until I get a chance to investigate more fully.

Yes, that would be helpful . Thank you. I will change later sections back to where they were :thumbs:
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Sections are numbered correctly. It is fine to continue working on this project now.
Theginmann

Post by Theginmann »

Hi- here is section 7 (Chapter 7 parts 1-4) - length - 38.3.96
I'll have section 8 (2nd half of chapter 7 uploaded soon)
Thanks, Gini

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/joanandpeter_07_wells_128kb.mp3