[COMPLETE] The Creeds of Christendom - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

JGVoices wrote: August 13th, 2021, 6:04 am Hello I have a question about the page numbers. When following the instructions for The Acts and Decrees of Jerusalem beginning at text p. 123, it places me in the middle of decree 10 rather than the beginning of the section on text p. 111. Would you like me to begin reading at p. 111 because it starts at the beginning? If so, what page would you like me to end on in the text. Would this be the middle of text p. 174 with the word "Amen"? I just wanted to clarify. Thanks!
Sorry - I should have been clearer about this. It's page 110 on the printed page numbers and page 123 in archive's auto page numbering. The first line is "Dostheus, by the mercy of God..." (bottom of the page). It ends at "Amen" on printed p.175 which is archive page 187.

What I discovered on MaryAnn's sections above is that it may be longer than a single section so this might make it more complicated for you. Here's the deal:
  • Librivox has a maximum track length of 74 minutes.
  • If you're recording and it becomes clear to you that the edited file will be over 74 minutes, suggest a logical point to split the confession in half. You'll be the expert because you will have read through it. Roughly half way and at the end of a section/paragraph would be good. Ideally it will all fit in 74 minutes so you might not have to do this. Post in the thread telling me where you split it.
  • If you have to split it, can you change the intro of both tracks to The Confession of Dositheus, or the Eighteen Decrees of the Synod of Jerusalem Part 1 A.D. 1672 (or Part 2 for the second track)
  • Export and upload the first part to https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/creedschristendom_65_various_128kb.mp3 and the second to https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/creedschristendom_65a_various_128kb.mp3 and then post the links in this thread.
Sorry for the hassle and fingers crossed it fits into one section!
American Trials Vol. 3 95% 5 left!
Female Scripture Characters by William Jay (1769 - 1853) 93% 2 left!
Devotional Commentary: Apocalypse 85%
Emotions
PL pls: DPL DPL DPL 43 27-28
JGVoices

Post by JGVoices »

Thank you for replying to my questions! I appreciate it. I will make sure a apply your suggestions when the file is complete. As a side note, I am assuming that you would like the sections read with a stable voice and inflections to keep the story interesting while not over emphasizing the readings to keep the sound professional. Is this correct? I just wanted to verify. Thanks!
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

JGVoices wrote: August 15th, 2021, 4:43 pm Thank you for replying to my questions! I appreciate it. I will make sure a apply your suggestions when the file is complete. As a side note, I am assuming that you would like the sections read with a stable voice and inflections to keep the story interesting while not over emphasizing the readings to keep the sound professional. Is this correct? I just wanted to verify. Thanks!
I wouldn't exactly call this project a story - have a read through the text so you know what you're getting yourself into. A stable and clear reading is what we're aiming for. If you want an example, you can listen to what I did in the first section.
Emotions
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
JGVoices

Post by JGVoices »

Thanks again for your reply and answering my question! Also, thank you for the demo, it was helpful to hear what you are aiming for, regarding this project.
JGVoices

Post by JGVoices »

Hello again, one other question/comment I had is about some of the pages throughout the section. The words that are on the smaller, brown pages are very blurry so that I cannot make out the words clearly. Do you have any suggestions to how I may view them clearly so that I can read them like the ones on the white pages? Thanks.
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

JGVoices wrote: August 18th, 2021, 4:20 pm Hello again, one other question/comment I had is about some of the pages throughout the section. The words that are on the smaller, brown pages are very blurry so that I cannot make out the words clearly. Do you have any suggestions to how I may view them clearly so that I can read them like the ones on the white pages? Thanks.
What is the page number of the problematic page? I only checked the first two small ones but when you zoom in (press the + magnifying glass on the bottom right at archive.org), the resolution seemed very readable to me?
Emotions
JGVoices

Post by JGVoices »

Ok. I am able to read them on my computer now. Thank you for your help!
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Emotions
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

The second Scotch confession is too hard for me too. Tricia, can you check this text for copyright as an alternative?

https://archive.org/details/confessionoff0chur/page/3/mode/1up
Emotions
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Yes, that text looks OK to use.
JGVoices

Post by JGVoices »

Hello, I am curious what is the intention behind this project. Is it to provide a historical text for educational/research purposes or is it intended to guide the lives of individuals in contemporary society? Thanks.
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

JGVoices wrote: August 24th, 2021, 3:41 pm Hello, I am curious what is the intention behind this project. Is it to provide a historical text for educational/research purposes or is it intended to guide the lives of individuals in contemporary society? Thanks.
Same as all librivox projects: the intention is to provide an audio version of these texts which people can do what they want with ;)
Emotions
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

TriciaG wrote: August 23rd, 2021, 4:44 am Yes, that text looks OK to use.
Hi Tricia, a quick question: I'm recording section 43 and the printed text says:
"By which words he did mean that any man could be free from sin while he lived in this flesh"
https://archive.org/details/creedschristendo03scha/page/860/mode/1up

but an alternate text has:

"By which words he did not mean that any man could be free from sin, while he lived in this flesh"
https://archive.org/details/harmonyofprotest00hall/page/121/mode/1up

and the rest of the sentence confirms this reading:

but he does commend unto us diligence and an earnest care, that we (I say) should endeavor by all means, and beg of God by prayer, that we fall not again into sins, out of which we are risen after the manner, and that we may not be overcome of the flesh, the world, or the devil.

Are you ok with me adding not into the sentence?
Emotions
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I think you linked me to the wrong page(s). But I think if one PD text scan has "not" and one doesn't, it makes sense to use the rendition that makes the most sense. Go ahead and add "not."