(Complete) The Heart of a Dog by Albert Payson Terhune - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Maddie

Post by Maddie »

Section 9 PL OK
Section 10 is completely silent after the intro. I don't know what happened with the audio; I hope it's a quick fix for the reader! Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Maddie

Post by Maddie »

Section 16: 9:39-9:43 there’s a long silence
25:45-47, stumble over word and silence
I did notice that there's quite a bit of stammering and stumbling over words. I couldn't catch the times though because of their brevity, but do you want to try re-recording? Sometimes just reading it the second time can help the words flow better. I'm ok with marking it PL OK once you correct the above-mentioned answers, but I did want to give you the option of re-recording if that makes you more comfortable.
Maddie

Post by Maddie »

Section 14 PL ok!
Maddie

Post by Maddie »

Section 15:
narrator says it's section 14, but other than that, it's good.
Maddie

Post by Maddie »

Section 19:
I think you might want to reread this one. Your reading is so speedy that it's very difficult for me to understand what you're saying, and it leads to long pauses so you can catch your breath (which is completely understandable). There's also some "squelching" sounds that occur when you're out of breath. I hope you don't take this the wrong way, you did an excellent job reading, it's just a little quick for the rest of us :)
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

This project has been languishing. If you have edits, please submit the corrected file by June 30, or I will open your sections up to other readers.
acko20

Post by acko20 »

Maddie wrote: June 10th, 2021, 6:27 pm Section 9 PL OK
Section 10 is completely silent after the intro. I don't know what happened with the audio; I hope it's a quick fix for the reader! Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
That's a bit weird. I've checked my MP3 file at home and it seems good, and I just listened to the file linked to in the Magic Window and the audio is there too. Are you still not hearing the audio after the intro?

Thanks,

Mike
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

Maddie wrote: June 21st, 2021, 5:52 pm Section 19:
I think you might want to reread this one. Your reading is so speedy that it's very difficult for me to understand what you're saying, and it leads to long pauses so you can catch your breath (which is completely understandable). There's also some "squelching" sounds that occur when you're out of breath. I hope you don't take this the wrong way, you did an excellent job reading, it's just a little quick for the rest of us :)
Thanks for the feedback! I’ll re-record it on my next session. :D
2 Timothy 1:7. Look it up.
Specializing in Middle-Earth🧝‍♀️, classics📖, and art🎨🖌
Maddie

Post by Maddie »

That's so strange, it's working for me now! When I was trying to listen to it, I checked my computer audio system and restarted my computer and still couldn't hear anything, but it's fine now! Sorry about that!
awonski

Post by awonski »

Hi! Here's the corrected files (so sorry for the delay, I've been attending full time conservatory)
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/heartofadog_15_terhune_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/heartofadog_16_terhune_128kb.mp3
Ally
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

awonski wrote: June 30th, 2021, 6:13 am Hi! Here's the corrected files (so sorry for the delay, I've been attending full time conservatory)
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/heartofadog_15_terhune_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/heartofadog_16_terhune_128kb.mp3
Ally
Thank you
Maddie

Post by Maddie »

section 15 is PL OK!
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

Bookworm360 wrote: June 28th, 2021, 9:48 am
Maddie wrote: June 21st, 2021, 5:52 pm Section 19:
Thanks for the feedback! I’ll re-record it on my next session. :D
Never mind; Audacity is acting up :evil: so I will need to figure that out. Till my next recording session, then...(Pity since this is such a lovely chapter. :( )
2 Timothy 1:7. Look it up.
Specializing in Middle-Earth🧝‍♀️, classics📖, and art🎨🖌