(Complete) The Three Hours' Agony of Our Lord Jesus Christ by Rev. Peter Guilday - m8b1

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12926
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Post by m8b1 » February 16th, 2021, 9:03 am

The Three Hours' Agony of Our Lord Jesus Christ, by Rev. Peter Guilday (1884 - 1947)

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-three-hours-agony-of-our-lord-jesus-christ-by-rev-peter-guilday/
Sermons on the Seven Last Words of Our Lord Jesus Christ. Given at the Church of Our Lady of Lourdes, New York City, on Good Friday, 1916. (Summary by Maria Therese)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://archive.org/details/threehoursagony00guiluoft/page/n7/mode/2up

Deadline: Please submit your recording within 2 months of placing your claim. If you cannot complete the recording within this time, please post in the thread to relinquish your claim or to ask the BC for an extension. If your recording is not completed by the deadline, your claim may be reassigned at the BC's discretion.

Claiming sections: Look in the Magic Window below for the list of available sections. Post a reply in this thread asking for the section you would like to record.

New to recording? Please see our Newbie Guide to Recording for further instructions. A quick guide to our required technical settings can be found here. When you post your file, please tell the BC what name you would like to use in our catalog.

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:



BC Admin

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

Say:
"Section # of The Three Hours' Agony of Our Lord Jesus Christ. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "The Three Hours' Agony of Our Lord Jesus Christ, by Rev. Peter Guilday. Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of The Three Hours' Agony of Our Lord Jesus Christ, by Rev. Peter Guilday."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: threehours_##_guilday_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. threehours_01_guilday_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
Image
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please contact an admin)

MC to select: m8b1

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into a new post in this thread along with the file duration (mm:ss). Watch this thread for prooflistening notes.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Just post in this thread.

silverquill
Posts: 16675
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » February 16th, 2021, 11:18 am

Would it be too much to ask for 1,7,9 ?

Do you want the preface included?

How aptly timed!
~ Larry

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12926
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Post by m8b1 » February 16th, 2021, 1:31 pm

silverquill wrote:
February 16th, 2021, 11:18 am
Would it be too much to ask for 1,7,9 ?

Do you want the preface included?

How aptly timed!
All yours, Larry ~ thank you!

I was kind of back and forth on the Preface. If you think it should be included, go ahead ~ I'll leave it to your judgement. :-)

mrmig0607
Posts: 14
Joined: February 16th, 2021, 12:43 pm
Location: The Southern Carolina

Post by mrmig0607 » February 16th, 2021, 1:56 pm

I would like to do section 6, the fifth word! I am new to narration but have a solid microphone(Blue Yeti) and access to Adobe Audition.

Most importantly, I love the parts of these sermons I have read so far.

-Mike
Mike

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12926
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Post by m8b1 » February 16th, 2021, 1:59 pm

mrmig0607 wrote:
February 16th, 2021, 1:56 pm
I would like to do section 6, the fifth word! I am new to narration but have a solid microphone(Blue Yeti) and access to Adobe Audition.

Most importantly, I love the parts of these sermons I have read so far.

-Mike
Hi Mike,

Welcome to LibriVox! Section 6 is all yours! Please read the first post of this thread carefully.

Please let me know under which name you would like to use for your catalog page. It can be your real name, forum name, or a pseudonym ~ whatever you prefer!

Also, since this is your first recording, we ask that you send in a 1-minute test recording. This is not an audition, it's just to make sure the sound quality and the recording settings are all right - often things can be improved at the outset that are difficult to fix later. Please go to https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test to find out what to record for your 1-minute test, and how to upload the recording. In the LibriVox Uploader, please select 'tests - tests' from the MC drop-down, and then post your test recording in the Listeners Wanted forum, rather than in this thread - you'll get feedback more quickly there.

Thanks, and have fun!

mrmig0607
Posts: 14
Joined: February 16th, 2021, 12:43 pm
Location: The Southern Carolina

Post by mrmig0607 » February 16th, 2021, 2:26 pm

I will use my full name for the catalog page. My name is "Michael Migliaccio". I also have uploaded my test file if you are able to give any feedback. I will link it here and have also posted it on the listeners wanted forum.


https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_mrmig0607.mp3

-Mike
Mike

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 25426
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » February 16th, 2021, 3:05 pm

Oh such a hard decision to choose! Could I have the First Word, please?
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12926
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Post by m8b1 » February 16th, 2021, 3:19 pm

icequeen wrote:
February 16th, 2021, 3:05 pm
Oh such a hard decision to choose! Could I have the First Word, please?
Well, you can always choose more than one! :-)

All yours! Thanks!

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12926
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Post by m8b1 » February 16th, 2021, 3:26 pm

mrmig0607 wrote:
February 16th, 2021, 2:26 pm
I will use my full name for the catalog page. My name is "Michael Migliaccio". I also have uploaded my test file if you are able to give any feedback. I will link it here and have also posted it on the listeners wanted forum.


https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_mrmig0607.mp3

-Mike
Thanks, Mike. Here is a link to your catalog page: https://librivox.org/reader/15812

I have replied to your test in the other thread so that we don't clutter up this one! :-)

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 25426
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » February 16th, 2021, 10:18 pm

m8b1 wrote:
February 16th, 2021, 3:19 pm
icequeen wrote:
February 16th, 2021, 3:05 pm
Oh such a hard decision to choose! Could I have the First Word, please?
Well, you can always choose more than one! :-)

All yours! Thanks!
I would, but I don't want to be greedy! Thanks Maria!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

MarkErnest
Posts: 83
Joined: April 30th, 2018, 9:42 am
Location: Florida

Post by MarkErnest » February 17th, 2021, 10:59 am

I'm returning to Librivox after an extended break, and I like this project. I'd be honored to take section 3 if it pleases you.

Best regards,
Mark

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12926
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Post by m8b1 » February 17th, 2021, 1:25 pm

MarkErnest wrote:
February 17th, 2021, 10:59 am
I'm returning to Librivox after an extended break, and I like this project. I'd be honored to take section 3 if it pleases you.

Best regards,
Mark
Welcome back, Mark! Section 3 is yours! Thank you!

mrmig0607
Posts: 14
Joined: February 16th, 2021, 12:43 pm
Location: The Southern Carolina

Post by mrmig0607 » February 17th, 2021, 1:31 pm

Just recorded my section(6).

Please let me know how it sounds and if there are any ways I can improve upon it!

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/threehours_06_guilday_128kb.mp3

-Mike
Mike

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12926
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Post by m8b1 » February 17th, 2021, 3:51 pm

mrmig0607 wrote:
February 17th, 2021, 1:31 pm
Just recorded my section(6).

Please let me know how it sounds and if there are any ways I can improve upon it!

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/threehours_06_guilday_128kb.mp3

-Mike
Thank you, Mike ~ nice job! :-)

There are just a couple of minor things that need to be fixed. At the beginning the silence is about 3 seconds, and we ask that it be no more than 1. Also, at the end, the silence is about 8 seconds, and we need it to be 5. If you could just snip some off on either end, and reupload, that would be great!

mrmig0607
Posts: 14
Joined: February 16th, 2021, 12:43 pm
Location: The Southern Carolina

Post by mrmig0607 » February 17th, 2021, 7:38 pm

m8b1 wrote:
February 17th, 2021, 3:51 pm
mrmig0607 wrote:
February 17th, 2021, 1:31 pm
Just recorded my section(6).

Please let me know how it sounds and if there are any ways I can improve upon it!

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/threehours_06_guilday_128kb.mp3

-Mike
Thank you, Mike ~ nice job! :-)

There are just a couple of minor things that need to be fixed. At the beginning the silence is about 3 seconds, and we ask that it be no more than 1. Also, at the end, the silence is about 8 seconds, and we need it to be 5. If you could just snip some off on either end, and reupload, that would be great!
Done! I have it reuploaded now :thumbs:
Mike

Post Reply