COMPLETE [HISTORY] The Waning of the Middle-Ages, by Johan Huizinga-Leni

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
iroserogin

Post by iroserogin »

Hi, apologies, I had not yet figured out how to navigate these posts and see that the final section was already claimed! Thank you, irr
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Hello wrote: August 10th, 2021, 3:25 am Hiya!

I'm new here, but this project looks interesting, go big or go home right? :lol:
could I have 21?

Thanks!
Hello, sorry for the delay in replying. The section is assigned to you!
Leni
=================
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

iroserogin wrote: August 16th, 2021, 6:28 am Hi, apologies, I had not yet figured out how to navigate these posts and see that the final section was already claimed! Thank you, irr
Section 29 is indeed not claimed yet! Would you still be interested in it? :)
Leni
=================
iroserogin

Post by iroserogin »

Yes, very much. Many thanks for clarifying. It would be wonderful to read for Librivox, and particularly section 29. Do you need a test before assigning the recording?
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

iroserogin wrote: August 17th, 2021, 5:11 pm Yes, very much. Many thanks for clarifying. It would be wonderful to read for Librivox, and particularly section 29. Do you need a test before assigning the recording?
Great! Yes, since this seems to be your first LibriVox project, please, we strongly recommend you do the 1-minute test: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test Please follow the instructions there.

I am assigning you the section. Thank you!
Leni
=================
iroserogin

Post by iroserogin »

Thanks so much! I can submit the test on Sunday, 22 August.
czandra

Post by czandra »

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/waningofthemiddleages_27_huizinga_128kb.mp3 22min 38s

Hi. I didn't sign up for this, but got going and couldn't stop. I'll do section 24 also.
The sound quality is uneven in 27, let me know if it needs to be redone.

Czandra
I asked my librarian about the noise, and she said, "no one would come here
if they weren't allowed to talk out loud." So I read out loud.

Je lis à haute voix car refléchir fait trop de bruit!
wib66

Post by wib66 »

queued for PL
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
czandra

Post by czandra »

Here`s section 24. Neither is in the MW yet.

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/waningofthemiddleages_24_huizinga_128kb.mp3 22m 19s (will get shorter by a half minute! :D)

Cz

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

czandra wrote: August 21st, 2021, 6:28 am Here`s section 24. Neither is in the MW yet.

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/waningofthemiddleages_24_huizinga_128kb.mp3 22m 19s (will get shorter by a half minute! :D)

Cz
Thank you, czandra. If possible, please do claim in the thread before starting recorging. Even if you record so fast that the file is in before the claim is in the window, it still signalizes to other readers that you are working on it. I know the chances are slim, but I have seen it happening, when someone claims the section while someone else is recording.

Also, sorry for the delay in adding your first recording to the window, but, you know, we are all volunteers. I strive to check my project once a day, and there were fewer than 24 hours between your first and second messages.

Thanks again!
Leni
=================
czandra

Post by czandra »

Leni, I meant no criticism, please. It was just a note . In this project readers are few and far between. I've been upbraided for getting ahead of myself in another thread, so I wanted to signal it. I know if I record before claiming, it's at my peril. 😄 I love all the Librivox volunteers for their devotion and largesse d'esprit.

I left a little fun in 24 for the PL, which will come out in the edit.

Cz

iroserogin

Post by iroserogin »

Hello,
Here is the URL to the 1 minute test (apologies in advance for any error):
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=88777
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

czandra wrote: August 21st, 2021, 1:22 pm Leni, I meant no criticism, please. It was just a note . In this project readers are few and far between. I've been upbraided for getting ahead of myself in another thread, so I wanted to signal it. I know if I record before claiming, it's at my peril. 😄 I love all the Librivox volunteers for their devotion and largesse d'esprit.

I left a little fun in 24 for the PL, which will come out in the edit.

Cz
Thank you for clarifying, czandra, because it did look like criticism. We all know that the written word, on top on cultural differences in a community as international as this one is, sometimes does not convey meaning exactly as one intended, so it is important to be extra careful and clarify when needed. :)

Let's wait for Michele's PL. Hopefully, the file will be PL OK from the bat, which is what we strive for!

Thanks again.
Leni
=================
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

iroserogin wrote: August 21st, 2021, 7:59 pm Hello,
Here is the URL to the 1 minute test (apologies in advance for any error):
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=88777
Thanks, I saw you also posted it in the Listeners Wanted forum, so you should have some feedback there soon! :D
Leni
=================
iroserogin

Post by iroserogin »

Thanks so much again. Since many improvements are needed, I will resubmit over the weekend.