[COMPLETE] A Selection from the Norse Tales for the Use of Children by Sir George-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Smilingjade wrote: March 17th, 2021, 8:16 am I am a relatively new reader and wanted to know what the process is. I noticed that there is already a book published out on th LibriVox.org site of this book read by various people. Is this set of recordings for the same book and will it be published on the public accessed site as a duplicated? How does that work? it looks like the sections I read were already read by others so I am curious.

Thank you,
SmilingJade
It is a different book.
A good number of the titles of the individual stories are the same, but not all. I haven't done a detailed comparison, but this is a selection the editor made of ones he thought appropriate for children.

It is not unusual for stories or poems to appear in more than one anthology or collection. Various collection of Edgar Allan Poe come to mind. Then, individual stories or poems could also appear in a LibriVox collection such as the monthly Poems, Poem of the Week, Short Story collections, etc. So, we can have multiple versions of the same piece.

Further, we can have multiple versions of the exact same book in the LV library. This happens more often with solo projects, or there could be one as a solo and another collaborative, etc. This offers listeners choices. So, all is well.
~ Larry
BeckyWTX

Post by BeckyWTX »

Chapter 14: Buttercup submitted
Duration: 9:33.54

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/norsetales_14_dasent_128kb.mp3

All of my witch voices failed the Granddaughters Audition! "Nana, you're just not scary!" a 4-year old told me as she shook her head. :( This read was really a stretch for me! It's just the best I can do :wink: :D
Your comments are welcome - please advise of any changes you'd like.
Thanks.
BeckyWTX
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

BeckyWTX wrote: March 17th, 2021, 3:03 pm Chapter 14: Buttercup submitted

All of my witch voices failed the Granddaughters Audition! "Nana, you're just not scary!" a 4-year old told me as she shook her head. :( This read was really a stretch for me! It's just the best I can do :wink: :D
Thanks.
BeckyWTX
Nana could never be scary :lol:
I'm sure it will be fine.
Thanks so much.
~ Larry
lomond

Post by lomond »

Greetings -

A good reading of Chapter 13 and a correction to Chapter 24 has added two chapters to the list of PL OK works.

Lomond
lomond

Post by lomond »

BeckyWTX wrote: March 17th, 2021, 3:03 pm Chapter 14: Buttercup submitted

Thanks.
BeckyWTX
Greetings -

BeckyWTX, your witch voices are just fine. Definitely PL OK.

What a wonderful, cheery story to read to children! Old hags running around with their heads under their arms, young boys being kidnapped (three times by the same villain, no less), girls having their heads chopped off and their bodies boiled for Sunday dinner, and stones and roots being thrown off roofs and busting peoples' heads to pieces. :shock: :shock:

Lomond
lomond

Post by lomond »

Greetings -

Chapter 23 is now listed as PL OK as is Chapter 22.

If you listened real hard, you could still hear a bit of background noise in parts of Chapter 22, but not enough to distract from listening to the story. There was no background noise in Chapter 23.

Have you noticed how many of these stories involve the stealing of babies or children?

Lomond
BeckyWTX

Post by BeckyWTX »

Thanks Lomond --
My husband laughed throughout as he listened to the final version of Buttercup/Chapter 14.
Maybe they meant it that way!?! :wink: a little cheery 14th century humor in dark times :D :lol:

BeckyWTX
lomond

Post by lomond »

]
Mawusi wrote: March 10th, 2021, 7:34 am Here is my audio recording of Chapter 27 Boots and the Troll. I have run it through the checker and tried my best to remove background noise. It is now ready for a PL.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/norsetales_27_dasent_128kb.mp3

Thanks in advance!
Greetings -

Nicely read with a good use of voices. Looking forward to more from you.

Chapter 27 is now listed as PL OK.

Lomond
lomond

Post by lomond »

BeckyWTX wrote: March 22nd, 2021, 2:13 pm Thanks Lomond --
My husband laughed throughout as he listened to the final version of Buttercup/Chapter 14.
Maybe they meant it that way!?! :wink: a little cheery 14th century humor in dark times :D :lol:

BeckyWTX
Greetings -

Chapter 27 holds to the same standard. One daughter beheaded with one half of her roasted and one half boiled. Oh, yes, one troll bursting in pieces.

Lomond
missfreudianslit

Post by missfreudianslit »

silverquill wrote: February 15th, 2021, 9:31 pm
missfreudianslit wrote: February 15th, 2021, 4:59 pm I'd like to claim #37 "Boots and His Brothers". This would be my first recording, and I'll be going under the name "MissFreudianSlit". Please let me know if there's anything I need to know or do before I'm able to record this!
Thank you!
I've added you to the LV catalog and assigned you Section 37. (Don't forget to read the end of book blurb).

Just click on your name in the MW to view your personal catalog page. This is where you can track all of your LV projects, of which I hope there will be many.

WELCOME TO LIBRIVOX :clap:
edit:
Chapter 37: Boots and His Brothers submitted
Duration: 11:02

I'm all done! This is my first time using Audition and my first real reading of anything of importance, so I hope it sounds okay. I know it's not perfect but I'm pretty proud. Thanks! (btw I left my name off the recording on purpose)

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/norsetales_37_dasent_128kb.mp3
Last edited by missfreudianslit on March 24th, 2021, 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

missfreudianslit wrote: March 23rd, 2021, 7:13 pm
I'm all done! This is my first time using Audition and my first real reading of anything of importance, so I hope it sounds okay. I know it's not perfect but I'm pretty proud. Thanks! (btw I left my name off the recording on purpose)

This is a great accomplishment, so congratulations. :clap:
We are running a bit behind on proof listening, but please stay tuned for you report.

Oh, we also like to have you give us the length of the file (mm:ss) when you post the upload link.

Thank you so much!
~ Larry
missfreudianslit

Post by missfreudianslit »

silverquill wrote: March 23rd, 2021, 8:57 pm
missfreudianslit wrote: March 23rd, 2021, 7:13 pm

This is a great accomplishment, so congratulations. :clap:
We are running a bit behind on proof listening, but please stay tuned for you report.

Oh, we also like to have you give us the length of the file (mm:ss) when you post the upload link.

Thank you so much!
edited my original reply to have the mins and seconds of recording! Thanks
Caelenhad

Post by Caelenhad »

Hello again, Larry!

Sorry I couldn't respond directly to your PM; that function isn't available to me yet.

I think I took care of the issues in my 1-minute test, but let me know if I can fix this up in any way. Happy to finally be contributing to the commons with you!

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/norsetales_17_dasent_128kb.mp3 (16:53)

If you don't mind, I can be credited as SCaudill. Thanks!
lomond

Post by lomond »

Greetings -

Chapter 18 is another PL OK offering from Katharina21.

More to come from her, we hope.

Lomond