COMPLETE The Storm Of London by Fernande Blaze de Bury - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

GJConover wrote: February 26th, 2021, 9:42 am re-submitted Chapter 09, IAW PL NOTES:

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/stormoflondon_08_blazedebury_128kb.mp3 19:56

GJConover
Gary,

I know it was just a typo above. :)

You did a good job on the corrections, except for 16:18: and it would not hear any of our suggestions. Missed saying any and you kind of over corrected, and now you have less than half a second at the start. Plus, the noise throughout the recording (especially the first few minutes) is still loud, and the before you start speaking is really loud. Do you listen to your recordings when editing with earphones? Sometimes noises that aren't discernible through speakers are very noticeable through earphones, and many listeners do listen to the recordings using earphones. Just a thought.

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

adamft wrote: February 26th, 2021, 7:49 am Uploaded Chapter 11

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/stormoflondon_11_blazedebury_128kb.mp3 9:33

I have credited it as "Adam Thompson" in the recording, so if it's OK use that.

Thanks.
Adam
Adam,

WOW!! :clap: That was amazing. A true joy to listen to. Please don't let this one be your last.

It is absolutely PLOK :thumbs:

Not at all to worry about on this one, but for your future recordings, you can leave a little less time between chapters. In this environment, sometimes the story flows a little better with the paragraphs starting a little sooner, and you were a little short, about half a second, on the five second ending.

Loved it,

Wayne
Wayne
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thank you both. Garry, would you like to read more sections for this book?
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

GJConover wrote: February 27th, 2021, 12:13 pm Chapter 09 uploaded:
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/stormoflondon_09_blazedebury_128kb.mp3 19:16

GJConover
Gary (or is it Garry?),

Thanks for your good work on this. Only a very few things to look at.

Beginning: Short of half a second.

7:13 so far removed from the present period You said day

8:45 Some sort of loud noise in the background

13:19 Even the thunderous organ striking up Mendelssohn’s march Left out Even

~15:23 A loud noise in the background
Wayne
OooThatsNifty

Post by OooThatsNifty »

Could I please claim Section 13? Thanks!
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft

Readers Wanted: Seen on the Stage, by Clayton Hamilton
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Sure. All yours. Have fun.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
MamaGeek

Post by MamaGeek »

Good morning Miss Stav,

I'd like to do my bit towards March Clean-up by claiming sections 15, 16, 17 and 19 if you don't mind waiting a couple of weeks for me to tackle them. :D This project looks very interesting.

Take care!
Celine
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

How lovely. I missed you. Have fun. The sections are all yours.
MamaGeek

Post by MamaGeek »

Great! Thank you! :clap:

See you in a few weeks. :)
Celine
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Moved to Readers Found!
adamft

Post by adamft »

Kalamareader wrote: February 27th, 2021, 1:28 pm
adamft wrote: February 26th, 2021, 7:49 am Uploaded Chapter 11

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/stormoflondon_11_blazedebury_128kb.mp3 9:33

I have credited it as "Adam Thompson" in the recording, so if it's OK use that.

Thanks.
Adam
Adam,

WOW!! :clap: That was amazing. A true joy to listen to. Please don't let this one be your last.

It is absolutely PLOK :thumbs:

Not at all to worry about on this one, but for your future recordings, you can leave a little less time between chapters. In this environment, sometimes the story flows a little better with the paragraphs starting a little sooner, and you were a little short, about half a second, on the five second ending.

Loved it,

Wayne
Thank you very much! I will certainly take your suggestions on-board, and try and figure out the timings at the top of Audacity so I get the ending timed right instead of just counting in my head :)

I certainly hope it won't be my last, but it looks as though this book is all assigned now, so I'll have to dig around and see what else is available.

Thanks again.
Adam
GJConover

Post by GJConover »

GJConover

Post by GJConover »

Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Gary,

Corrections done very well. I will make one comment, though. At the beginning, there is less than the half second LV wants. You are close, and the noise is gone, but in future recordings, please see if you can get between the .5 and 1 second requested. As I was told when I started, the reason for the time at the beginning is so that "the listeners don't miss any of your great recording". :)

Chapter 8 PLOK :thumbs: .

Wayne
Wayne
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

GJConover wrote: March 1st, 2021, 1:10 pm Final re-upload of Chapter 09:
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/stormoflondon_09_blazedebury_128kb.mp3 19:20
GJConover
Gary,

Your corrections sound good except from 13:19 to 13:26.5 you have doubled over the reading. It sounds like you tried to copy the new recording and laid it over the old one.

Also, since you are going to be back into this one, the time at the beginning of the recording is less than half a second. Could you please add some time there? You could just cut and paste half a second from a quiet place in the recording.

Thanks,

Wayne

Edit: Something I just thought of is that after you have finished editing your recording and are ready to send it in, listen to it all the way through, checking against the PL notes just to make sure everything is ready 'for prime time'. I think this would have caught the error in the 13 minute mark. Just a thought. W.
Wayne