(Complete) Modern Magic by Maximilian Schele de Vere - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

WildflowerReads wrote: April 6th, 2021, 8:13 pm Hello!

I just received the catalog link- it is for Children's Short Works

https://librivox.org/section_compiler/15694

So excited to work on this chapter :)
I don’t need the link. I was just wondering why you hadn’t been entered in the catalog. But as it’s a compilation, the explanation is probably that I got to it before they did.
Peaceblossom

Post by Peaceblossom »

Hello,
I would like to read the divination sections (11,12,13), however there is a small issue with the Oracles and Prophecies section in that there are 4 lines of French poetry, and I don't speak French. Would it be possible to read the poetry translated into English instead? Or to use a a text to speech app to read the French? I could try to teach myself to say those four lines, but I'm pretty sure I'd butcher the French language. :D
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Peaceblossom wrote: April 8th, 2021, 12:08 pm Hello,
I would like to read the divination sections (11,12,13), however there is a small issue with the Oracles and Prophecies section in that there are 4 lines of French poetry, and I don't speak French. Would it be possible to read the poetry translated into English instead? Or to use a a text to speech app to read the French? I could try to teach myself to say those four lines, but I'm pretty sure I'd butcher the French language. :D
I can assign those sections but a translation of the French lines is against LV policy. I would suggest either howjasay.com (which is great for the odd word, but nor so much for whole tracts of text) or asking a French speaker to record them and paste their recording into yours at the correct place. I suggest PMing kitty, a French-speaking admin, to see if she has suggestions.
Owlivia

Post by Owlivia »

Owlivia/Deborah

🦉
Peaceblossom

Post by Peaceblossom »

Lynnet wrote: April 8th, 2021, 12:36 pm
I can assign those sections but a translation of the French lines is against LV policy. I would suggest either howjasay.com (which is great for the odd word, but nor so much for whole tracts of text) or asking a French speaker to record them and paste their recording into yours at the correct place. I suggest PMing kitty, a French-speaking admin, to see if she has suggestions.
Thank you, I will check with Kitty.
Peaceblossom

Post by Peaceblossom »

Hi, I looked for the username kitty so I could send her a private message. I could not find just the name of kitty. Is there more to her user name? Thanks, Cheryl
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Peaceblossom wrote: April 10th, 2021, 7:26 am
Hi, I looked for the username kitty so I could send her a private message. I could not find just the name of kitty. Is there more to her user name? Thanks, Cheryl
No, it's just kitty.
Her real name is Sonja.
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

Hello everybody! ⛅

I claim my workshop`s items to be the nice examples of good applied magic, so this book`s theme might be especially close to me.
If nobody mind, I`d like to be a DPL here, please. 🦄
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

HandmadePSK wrote: April 10th, 2021, 5:23 pm Hello everybody! ⛅

I claim my workshop`s items to be the nice examples of good applied magic, so this book`s theme might be especially close to me.
If nobody mind, I`d like to be a DPL here, please. 🦄
You’ve got the job. There is no need to check files marked PL OK
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

Lynnet wrote: April 10th, 2021, 5:31 pm You’ve got the job.
Thanx! 🙏
There is no need to check files marked PL OK
I would never suppose to do it. 😶
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄
Peaceblossom

Post by Peaceblossom »

Hello again,
Do we read the parenthetical references in the text, for example, (i. p. 285)? I am working with kitty on the French lines of poetry. I'm doing some work looking up pronunciations of various words and names in the text. On another project, the BC told me that if I can't find the pronunciation of something just say it the way I think it should be said with confidence. :D Does that work here? Thanks, peaceblossom
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Peaceblossom wrote: April 11th, 2021, 1:30 pm Hello again,
Do we read the parenthetical references in the text, for example, (i. p. 285)? I am working with kitty on the French lines of poetry. I'm doing some work looking up pronunciations of various words and names in the text. On another project, the BC told me that if I can't find the pronunciation of something just say it the way I think it should be said with confidence. :D Does that work here? Thanks, peaceblossom
There is no need to read such references, but if readers do, that’s fine 8-)

To a certain extent, the pronunciation advice is good, although
a) that only works with odd words or phrases and
b) so many people speak some French, even if they aren’t fluent, that it is more risky than, for example, Swahili or Basque, where few people on LV would know the difference. If you say it with confidence and someone comes back with a comment you can say “that’s how we say it where I come from “ 8-) 8-)
Peaceblossom

Post by Peaceblossom »

Lynnet wrote: April 11th, 2021, 1:58 pm
Peaceblossom wrote: April 11th, 2021, 1:30 pm Hello again,
There is no need to read such references, but if readers do, that’s fine 8-)

To a certain extent, the pronunciation advice is good, although
a) that only works with odd words or phrases and
b) so many people speak some French, even if they aren’t fluent, that it is more risky than, for example, Swahili or Basque, where few people on LV would know the difference. If you say it with confidence and someone comes back with a comment you can say “that’s how we say it where I come from “ 8-) 8-)
Thank you! I will do my utmost. 8-)