(Complete) Modern Magic by Maximilian Schele de Vere - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Lynnet wrote: July 18th, 2021, 8:23 am We have several orphaned sections
Hi Lynne,

I don't know if these are 'orphaned' or not, but I would be willing to do the four sections on Ghosts, with the proviso that it may be a couple of weeks or so before I can get them done. I will be out of town the week of the 26th, and won't be able to work on them.

Thanks,

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Kalamareader wrote: July 18th, 2021, 3:22 pm
Lynnet wrote: July 18th, 2021, 8:23 am We have several orphaned sections
Hi Lynne,

I don't know if these are 'orphaned' or not, but I would be willing to do the four sections on Ghosts, with the proviso that it may be a couple of weeks or so before I can get them done. I will be out of town the week of the 26th, and won't be able to work on them.

Thanks,

Wayne
Yes, they just opened up today :thumbs:
You still get 2 months from the date of claim, so shouldn’t be a problem if you skip town for a while :mrgreen:
wilsonja201

Post by wilsonja201 »

May I claim Section 22 - Mysticism?
My reader name is Joshua Wilson. Thank you!
Owlivia

Post by Owlivia »

I'll be happy to claim Section 15, Possession, if I may, please.

Question: What happens if you don't make the loan payments on a Haunted House?

It gets repossessed! :mrgreen:
Owlivia/Deborah

🦉
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

wilsonja201 wrote: July 20th, 2021, 9:49 am May I claim Section 22 - Mysticism?
My reader name is Joshua Wilson. Thank you!
Hi and welcome to Librivox!
There are a few things to do before you get started.
You will need to complete a one minute test - this is to check your specs are up to Librivox standards, and if not, you'll be given hints on how to remedy that. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
Please post your test in the Listeners Wanted forum (see the dropdown at the bottom of the page) for the speediest response. Waiting for the OK may seem tedious, but can save time in the long run. Your section will be held for 1 month pending your test. Please keep in touch if there is a problem.
You will also need to be added to the catalog of readers. I will add you using your forum name, but if you prefer your real name or a pseudonym let me know. We can also link to a personal blog or website. If you click on your name in the Magic Window, you will be taken to your catalog page.Be sure to read the first post - all the info you need is there, but if anything doesn't make sense, just ask. The wiki (see the top of the page) has bundles of info too.
Lynne
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Owlivia wrote: July 20th, 2021, 11:35 am I'll be happy to claim Section 15, Possession, if I may, please.

Question: What happens if you don't make the loan payments on a Haunted House?

It gets repossessed! :mrgreen:
Ouch :mrgreen:
That section is yours
eahoran

Post by eahoran »

Hi, I requested section 15: Possession, on the 15th of this month and now I see it has been assigned to someone else?! I just completed it. Should I even bother sending it in??
Owlivia

Post by Owlivia »

eahoran wrote: July 25th, 2021, 6:24 pm Hi, I requested section 15: Possession, on the 15th of this month and now I see it has been assigned to someone else?! I just completed it. Should I even bother sending it in??
Hello, eahoran, please do carry on, I hadn't yet begun to work on the project which was inadvertently assigned to me, despite your prior claim.

And, if I may, please do be patient. We're all volunteers here and do understand: the task of managing the multiple projects, multiple sections, and multiple readers as a BC is, even from my exceedingly limited experience - an extraordinarily demanding one. Things happen, slips and slides are a normal part of life.

Best wishes,
Owlivia
Owlivia/Deborah

🦉
Owlivia

Post by Owlivia »

I'll be happy to claim Visions, Part 1 and 2 - Sections 5 and 6
which looks like it will move this project to Readers Found. Next stop: Completion! :clap:

Owlivia
Owlivia/Deborah

🦉
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Owlivia wrote: July 25th, 2021, 6:53 pm I'll be happy to claim Visions, Part 1 and 2 - Sections 5 and 6
which looks like it will move this project to Readers Found. Next stop: Completion! :clap:

Owlivia
I know that I will be the last one in. I usually don't like to take more than a week to get a claimed reading in, but due to unforeseen stuff in my life recently and for the next week or so, I won't get this big one done as soon as I would like. I have it divided up and even started once, but had to quit about five minutes in, so as you said, we are all volunteers around here. :D Please have patience.

Thanks,

Wayne

P.S. I'm just lucky to find the time to get this post in. :shock:
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

I removed a pst with pictures… I know it was amusing, but it is against LV policy.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Owlivia wrote: July 25th, 2021, 6:53 pm I'll be happy to claim Visions, Part 1 and 2 - Sections 5 and 6

Owlivia
So assigned :thumbs:
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Kalamareader wrote: July 25th, 2021, 7:45 pm

Owlivia
I know that I will be the last one in. I usually don't like to take more than a week to get a claimed reading in, but due to unforeseen stuff in my life recently and for the next week or so, I won't get this big one done as soon as I would like. I have it divided up and even started once, but had to quit about five minutes in, so as you said, we are all volunteers around here. :D Please have patience.

Thanks,

Wayne

P.S. I'm just lucky to find the time to get this post in. :shock:
Wayne, you will get until mid-September and, if necessary, can ask for an extension nearer the time. Sometimes life just gets in the way.
eahoran

Post by eahoran »

My Section:https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/modernmagic_15_scheledevere_128kb.mp3. 40:03

I am sure I mispronounced some names and the citations gave me some pain. If anything is wrong or just plain weird, please let me know. This is my 3rd project on here and the longest reading I've done. I am still learning. My apologies over my panic yesterday when I thought that all my work had been for naught. Patience is something that I am still working on! :oops: :)

-Liz
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

eahoran wrote: July 26th, 2021, 8:18 am My Section:https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/modernmagic_15_scheledevere_128kb.mp3. 40:03

I am sure I mispronounced some names and the citations gave me some pain. If anything is wrong or just plain weird, please let me know. This is my 3rd project on here and the longest reading I've done. I am still learning. My apologies over my panic yesterday when I thought that all my work had been for naught. Patience is something that I am still working on! :oops: :)

-Liz
Thank you and I apologize for any angst caused by my error.

Note: we don’t correct pronunciation :mrgreen: