Complete-[Horror/Weird Fiction]The Human Chord-Algernon Blackwood -ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Anautumnous

Post by Anautumnous »

alg1001 wrote: February 5th, 2021, 8:20 am
Anautumnous wrote: February 2nd, 2021, 11:16 pm Hello,

Section 9, Chapter 7 - https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/humanchord_09_blackwood_128kb.mp3
Time - 25:24

Cheers,

Anautumnous
Hi Anautumnous,
You have such a lovely voice. This book is coming together great.
After proof listening, there are 2 updates needed.
@24.09 is a repeat of "He has never forgotten the picture.."
@24:15-24:16:05 please delete "The Human Chord by Algernon Blackwood."
Please make these edits and resubmit it.
Thank you!
-Amy
Thank you so much! The text is so lyrical it makes for many a tongue-twister haha. I'm glad it's coming together well! I made the necessary changes and reuploaded.
-Autumn
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Anautumnous wrote: February 7th, 2021, 8:21 am
Section 9, Chapter 7 - https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/humanchord_09_blackwood_128kb.mp3

Thank you for making the corrections! Your reading is very smooth- hitting the right chord!
-Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi TruistKnave,
Nice reading!
It only needs one edit. Please reduce the gap of silence at 0.20-0.25 to 2 seconds or less.
Please update it and resubmit. There is no need to change the name of the file. The system renames the old one.
Thanks!
-Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
TruistKnave

Post by TruistKnave »

Thanks, here is the revised version. I noticed a few other gaps that I shortened up while I was at it.
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/humanchord_07_blackwood.mp3

OMG! I just realized I haven't done chapter five at all, but part five of chapter 1. I can't believe that I did that! I'll have it done by the deadline, trust that.
I am the you that you would be if you were me.
PawnOfPazuzu

Post by PawnOfPazuzu »

Hello,

I would like to record Chapter 13 if I may?

I am new to LibriVox. I have submitted my 1-minute test, pending review.

I go by the pseudonym PawnOfPazuzu.

Many Thanks,

POP (PawnOfPazuzu)
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

TruistKnave wrote: February 7th, 2021, 7:18 pm Thanks, here is the revised version. I noticed a few other gaps that I shortened up while I was at it.
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/humanchord_07_blackwood.mp3

OMG! I just realized I haven't done chapter five at all, but part five of chapter 1. I can't believe that I did that! I'll have it done by the deadline, trust that.
Oh wow! I didn't read along with the text. I should have caught that. So sorry!
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

PawnOfPazuzu wrote: February 8th, 2021, 6:35 am Hello,

I would like to record Chapter 13 if I may?

I am new to LibriVox. I have submitted my 1-minute test, pending review.

I go by the pseudonym PawnOfPazuzu.

Many Thanks,

POP (PawnOfPazuzu)
Hi,
You are signed up for Section 15/Chapter 13.
Thanks,
-Amy
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

The book is fully subscribed now. I will move us to Readers Found.
DH2003

Post by DH2003 »

alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

DH2003 wrote: February 8th, 2021, 4:45 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/humanchord_11_blackwood_128kb.mp3
Here is my recording, length is 25:11
Thank you, DH!
-Amy
TruistKnave

Post by TruistKnave »

DH2003 wrote: February 8th, 2021, 4:45 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/humanchord_11_blackwood_128kb.mp3
Thanks, sounds great! There are two edits that I would suggest.
19:03 "...aware of something astonishly sweet..." should be "astonishingly".
24:46 "...the minute, the colossal..." minute in this context should sound like "my newt"
Great job!
DH2003

Post by DH2003 »

TruistKnave wrote: February 9th, 2021, 12:22 am
Thanks, sounds great! There are two edits that I would suggest.
19:03 "...aware of something astonishly sweet..." should be "astonishingly".
24:46 "...the minute, the colossal..." minute in this context should sound like "my newt"
Great job!
Okay, I'll try to get the fixed audio in as soon as possible :D
TruistKnave

Post by TruistKnave »

Just wanted to say:
Happy Valentines Day!
All of you have been working hard. For those of you who have already submitted your recordings, great job! You guys sound amazing! And I look forward to hearing from the rest of you soon. This has been an important experience for me. I felt the same way several years ago when I was part of a poker forum. I love small communities.
I'm really grateful to be a part of this group and to breathe new life into this amazing little tale. Blackwood, in my opinion, is a talented and eloquent writer. Had I not been a part of this forum, I'd likely never have known of him. So to sum it up, thanks! I hope everybody has a great holiday.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

TruistKnave wrote: February 14th, 2021, 4:00 pm Just wanted to say:
Happy Valentines Day!
All of you have been working hard. For those of you who have already submitted your recordings, great job! You guys sound amazing! And I look forward to hearing from the rest of you soon. This has been an important experience for me. I felt the same way several years ago when I was part of a poker forum. I love small communities.
I'm really grateful to be a part of this group and to breathe new life into this amazing little tale. Blackwood, in my opinion, is a talented and eloquent writer. Had I not been a part of this forum, I'd likely never have known of him. So to sum it up, thanks! I hope everybody has a great holiday.
Happy Valentine's Day! Librivox's mission attracts great people. I'm glad you chose this book to work on. I know what you mean about Blackwood. He is intriguing. I've found a lot of treasure here working with these old books. That is the great thing about the community of people who scanning in texts; there are so many books we may never have come across, especially those that fell out of print. All their work would be lost as the books disintegrated their way to oblivion. Not any longer! :D
LaboredBreath

Post by LaboredBreath »

I've finished reading and editing section 12. 35:06 long.

Hope it's all good!

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/humanchord_12_blackwood_128kb.mp3.mp3