COMPLETE Green Valley by Katharine Yirsa Reynolds - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
carolyn1987

Post by carolyn1987 »

ElizaZ wrote: March 13th, 2021, 8:14 am
carolyn1987 wrote: March 12th, 2021, 2:38 pm Hi,

Here is chapter 11: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/greenvalley_11_reynolds_128kb.mp3

Duration is 41min 20sec

Thanks,
Carolyn
Chapter 11 PL okay!! Your reading was very lovely, and I am admiring your stamina right now! I couldn’t read for that long without my voice starting to go :P

One thing I would note for future reference, I am hearing some minor pop noises like breaths might coming across your mic. I saw that you are using a headset mic, which is what I use for my work phone calls, and I have found that positioning my mic a little below or a little above my mouth instead of directly in front of it will usually reduce those noises while keeping voice quality good.
Hi,

Thank you for the feedback. To be honest, I did it in a few sittings, I didn't realise how long the chapter was before I started, but good fun and enjoyed it!

I will definitely try positioning the mic differently, thanks for the advice.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Chapter 4 has been orphaned. Any takers?
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

So I will orphan 4, 18 and 19.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
ElizaZ

Post by ElizaZ »

springteacher wrote: March 13th, 2021, 2:14 am Chapter 22 is ready to be listened to: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/greenvalley_22_reynolds_128kb.mp3 Duration 11:16

Thanks! :)
Thank you! I loved your energy level which I thought fit this chapter really well! PL notes:

00:53 you suddenly sound very far away “you could lower it to different heights”
01:23 pause “Doc Philipps ... drove up in his buggy”
01:36 pause “the doctor had ... had ... John clean”
02:48 the track sounds like a couple words were cut out and/or added out of order “Doc said he would always limp a bit”
03:20 dragging out “but nothing seeeemingly could convert”
05:22 pauses “the whole thing was wiped out ... of everybody’s ... mind”
07:58 “spring deepened and brought with it ... all the old gladness”
10:10 “the civic league ... offered ... to do all the cleaning”
BAMClockwise

Post by BAMClockwise »

Hi! I can take chapter 4.
-Bethany
GillH

Post by GillH »

I could take Chapter 18.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thank you both. All yours. Have fun.
GillH

Post by GillH »

Chapter 18 (19:58)
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/greenvalley_18_reynolds_128kb.mp3

I can take 19 as well, if it's still available.
ElizaZ

Post by ElizaZ »

GillH wrote: March 20th, 2021, 10:19 am Chapter 18 (19:58)
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/greenvalley_18_reynolds_128kb.mp3

I can take 19 as well, if it's still available.
Thank you, chapter 18 reading is lovely! There is a considerable amount of echoey tone to the recording though. Is there anything that can be done to fix that?
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Wow, this was fast. THank you both. Gill, chapter 19 is all yours. Have fun,
Stav.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

ElizaZ wrote: March 20th, 2021, 10:58 am Thank you, chapter 18 reading is lovely! There is a considerable amount of echoey tone to the recording though. Is there anything that can be done to fix that?
I checked the recording and I see what you mean by echoey. It's still OK as a recording. I don't think there's anything that can be done to reduce the echo in a finished recording, but the reader may choose to adjust their recording environment for future recordings (for example, by placing materials around that absorb sound). This is completely optional as the resulting sound is clear and understandable. :D
rex27

Post by rex27 »

Chapter 20 (11:25)

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/greenvalley_20_reynolds_128kb.mp3

This is my first recording.
Thank You
ElizaZ

Post by ElizaZ »

Rapunzelina wrote: March 20th, 2021, 11:29 am
ElizaZ wrote: March 20th, 2021, 10:58 am Thank you, chapter 18 reading is lovely! There is a considerable amount of echoey tone to the recording though. Is there anything that can be done to fix that?
I checked the recording and I see what you mean by echoey. It's still OK as a recording. I don't think there's anything that can be done to reduce the echo in a finished recording, but the reader may choose to adjust their recording environment for future recordings (for example, by placing materials around that absorb sound). This is completely optional as the resulting sound is clear and understandable. :D
Great! That’s why I asked. Marked PL okay, thanks both!
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thanks, Rex.
GillH

Post by GillH »

Rapunzelina wrote: March 20th, 2021, 11:29 am
I did another couple of rounds of noise cleaning but I don't think there's any difference. Should I post the new version or leave as is?
I'll change room for the next one.